HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Game 30 | St. Louis Blues @ Detroit Red Wings | 7:30 PM EST | NHLN-US (HD) |

Old
12-11-2009, 04:00 PM
DarkReign

vCash: 500
I think this year makes me question Zetterberg and Datsyuk as elite players. They are both doing dick-all right now and its pathetic.

The team can lose more often than not, that happens when so much of your lineup is injured. But those two scoring should be a constant, no matter what is going on with the team.

Theyre supposedly top 5 players in the league who should be centering their own respective lines, and yet they play together on the same line, so there is no excuse that neither has no help.

Theyre both bunk right now. Is it mileage of the past couple years? Snake-bitten? Injured? Rapid decline?

As it stands, those two are most at fault for this team's shortcomings. The team relies on them to be their leaders offensively and neither are worth their contract right now. I sincerely hope this doesnt become a trend, because if so, get reeeeeeal used to watching this team suck.

If either player were having a typical-to-good season, the Wings would be 4th in the standings. Since they both completely suck, theyre out of the playoffs.

Please, spare me the bulll**** about their defensive play. This team needs scoring, period. Both, I am sure, have license to free roam right now as goals are at a premium. I dont know about the rest of you, but theyre both trying my patience.

DarkReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 05:00 PM
GT500x
Im OK where we're at

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign View Post
I think this year makes me question Zetterberg and Datsyuk as elite players. They are both doing dick-all right now and its pathetic.

The team can lose more often than not, that happens when so much of your lineup is injured. But those two scoring should be a constant, no matter what is going on with the team.

Theyre supposedly top 5 players in the league who should be centering their own respective lines, and yet they play together on the same line, so there is no excuse that neither has no help.

Theyre both bunk right now. Is it mileage of the past couple years? Snake-bitten? Injured? Rapid decline?

As it stands, those two are most at fault for this team's shortcomings. The team relies on them to be their leaders offensively and neither are worth their contract right now. I sincerely hope this doesnt become a trend, because if so, get reeeeeeal used to watching this team suck.

If either player were having a typical-to-good season, the Wings would be 4th in the standings. Since they both completely suck, theyre out of the playoffs.

Please, spare me the bulll**** about their defensive play. This team needs scoring, period. Both, I am sure, have license to free roam right now as goals are at a premium. I dont know about the rest of you, but theyre both trying my patience.
Its hard to agree after seeing them play these last few years. The whole team has gone into a slump at the same time. I hope we're just getting it out the way now. I do wonder if Dats has a problem (physical or personal) thats bothering him. I hope he's not mad at someone in particular (other than himself).

Now that you've called out Dats and Z they'll probably dominate this game tonight.

Here's hoping Howard keeps up his stellar rookie effort and keeps Perry-Getzlaf-Ryan off the scoresheet, cause no one else can that's for damn sure.

GT500x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 06:14 PM
detredWINgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign View Post

After seeing their lack of dominance since being on the same line together, I tend to agree. A lack of quality linemates is a pretty good excuse, considering they were both carrying at least 1 sub-40 point player on their line, but thats no longer valid. They both need to be doing a hell of a lot more than they are.

detredWINgs is offline   Reply With Quote