HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Whats Happened To Cogs

Old
12-11-2009, 10:46 PM
Jordo2001

vCash: 500
Whats Happened To Cogs

I'm a very big oil fan from Kamloops, bc

In other words I have to deal with a lot of bashing from all of my friends all the time

This 5 game win streak is really helping because I bet a lot of people the oil would rank higher than vancouver by the end of the season, I didn't think we would see any good oil until half way through the season when they really adapted to to Quinns new style

anyways

I can't see every game but cogliano seems to have done a vanishing act from what I've notice, i knew he wasn't going to be gagner material, but he useed to have a better +/- than him as he seemed more defensively responsible and was going to be a very strong 3rd maybe second liner, but lately I haven't noticed him at all

Jordo2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 10:51 PM
doormat247

Cogliano is struggling offensively, but on top of that he is now being asked to play more as a defensive centre now. He isn't playing much with "offensive" type players either so his +/- has taken a hit that way.

Still a good young player, just struggling to find his offensive mojo.

doormat247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 10:56 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Imo whats happened to cogs and Sully is a lack of offensive depth to work with on the club due to the injuries. I think these players would be helped if Comrie and Hemsky were in the lineup and different configs were possible.

Right now its less than ideal circumstance and trying to make lines with a balance.

Another factor as I've stated is dressing Storts, Stone and JFJ everynight is going to reduce the offense of who they are playing with.

Its understandable and I don't think the coaching staff is worried about it as we are.

I do think Cogs gets desperate to create some offense and gets out of position on some rushes. I really haven't liked the passes into the slot from behind the net. He's not Wayne Gretzky and thats usually going back up ice with Cogs caught.

Replacement is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 10:57 PM
nullterm

vCash: 800
He's also stuck behind Horcoff, Gagner, Brule, O'Sullivan, Comrie (when healthy) on the depth chart. Too many centers. Dunno what happens, but if Cogliano gets moved (I want him to stay) then he might be in a better situation with less roster competition.

He might also be best served switching to the wing. He's at his best streaking up the wing out striding defencemen then driving the net. He should be looking for take aways/interceptions around the blue or looking for outlets.

nullterm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 10:57 PM
Real_Estate-Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordo2001 View Post

cogliano seems to have done a vanishing act from what I've notice, i knew he wasn't going to be gagner material, but he used to have a better +/- than him as he seemed more defensively responsible and was going to be a very strong 3rd maybe second liner, but lately I haven't noticed him at all
Hockey is a team sport......

Cogliano is doing exactly what is needed "for the team" and is producing above his salary cap hit...

Either get new friends - or slip a few Valium in their drinks..........

Real_Estate-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 11:50 PM
nsoilfan

cogs is simply playing the 3rd line defensive role with moreau. he is still young and learning this role.

id like to see him start producing as well we need to see some offence from him. but for now im happy to see him killing penalty and keeping goals from going into the oilers net

nsoilfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 11:55 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 50
Cogs is the new Todd Marchant

Heaven wont take me and hell is afraid I'd take 0ver
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 11:58 PM
nsoilfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
i think most people could see this coming a mile away....he realy is...but lets hope he has beter hands

nsoilfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 12:01 AM
Hunt4Oil

If the team is winning it's not a big deal, he has 8 points on the 3rd line and has not been a liability....works for me.

Hunt4Oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 12:07 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
That's exactly what I was going to say.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote