HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

(Atlanta) What would it take to get Carter?

Old
12-11-2009, 08:52 PM
Valhoun*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Just throwing ideas out there. But seriously, something needs to be changed.
Yes. Here is what needs to be changed:

We need to change the amount of practices that Laviolette has had with this team from 5 to 50.

And then we need to change the amount of injuries from a metric ****ton down to a manageable level.

With those two changes we are easily a playoff team and a contender for the Cup.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 09:01 PM
SolidSnakeUS

If Gagne, Powe and Betts come back by month's end, do you think they will be back to a real striking team?

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 09:04 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPin View Post
Id love to trade for a signed Kovy.
Not once you saw what it would take to get a signed Kovy from Atlanta's ****ing kung-fu grip.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 09:12 PM
Valhoun*

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am The Mush View Post
Not once you saw what it would take to get a signed Kovy from Atlanta's ****ing kung-fu grip.
Yeah, people forget that Southern teams have players that score goals and sell season ticket packages. In the north players only need to play well (Pittsburgh excepted) but a team like Atlanta would die without Kovy unless they got a lot in return that will keep people in the stands.

Old
12-12-2009, 01:28 AM
FlyersCup08

Carter and Gagne for Kovalchuk?

Honestly, I'd do it. I am probably one of the biggest Gagne fans out there (Carter is a piece of **** he doesn't care about being a Flyer) but I think the package would entice Atlanta enough to bring us Kovalchuk. Gags is a great player and a true Flyer, but I seriously doubt we will resign him next year unless he takes a serious home-town discount. Trade him while his value's high.

Kovalchuk-Giroux-Briere
Hartnell-Richards-JVR

Solid top 6 for me.

FlyersCup08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 02:06 AM
Valhoun*

Atlanta obviously has the talent to land virtually any player in the league. However, I doubt that they part with Kovalchuk unless it becomes painfully obvious that he won't sign. And it isn't about the money. It's about Atlanta's commitment to winning.

And, yeah, he might be a playoff rental for us but the guy is going to get paid 8 million dollars a year. That's something that the Flyers won't be able to afford. We'd have to move Gagne and Hartnell or Briere and Coburn or some combination of them. And I just don't see that much activity on the trade front.

Though, Kovy would be a fan favorite instantly. But, then again, he'd be a fan favorite just about anywhere.

Unfortunately, this isn't NHL10 so it isn't happening.

Old
12-12-2009, 02:15 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
Atlanta obviously has the talent to land virtually any player in the league. However, I doubt that they part with Kovalchuk unless it becomes painfully obvious that he won't sign. And it isn't about the money. It's about Atlanta's commitment to winning.

And, yeah, he might be a playoff rental for us but the guy is going to get paid 8 million dollars a year. That's something that the Flyers won't be able to afford. We'd have to move Gagne and Hartnell or Briere and Coburn or some combination of them. And I just don't see that much activity on the trade front.

Though, Kovy would be a fan favorite instantly. But, then again, he'd be a fan favorite just about anywhere.

Carter + Gagne gets it done cap wise, and then some. But I suspect that his new contract will find him making more than 8 million.

Old
12-12-2009, 02:28 AM
Valhoun*

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am The Mush View Post
Carter + Gagne gets it done cap wise, and then some. But I suspect that his new contract will find him making more than 8 million.
I was being conservative to prevent people from claiming that he's not greedy or something.

Yeah, he could get near league max even in this economy. Though I am sure that most teams are going to want him in the 8.00-8.75 range.

Old
12-12-2009, 04:29 PM
Magnus Fulgur

I think Briere would be a perfect center for Kovalchuk. Ilya is an under-rated playmaker and I think the two would rack up the points.

If Atlanta has to trade Kovalchuk they have to get a top six left winger in return. They have Kane to fill the #1 LW role next year, and Morin will eventually be a solid LW...but if Kovy goes, Kozlov might waive his NTC: he certainly won't be re-signed next year as a UFA by Atlanta.

If only Gagne was healthy, Atlanta and Philly could work out a mega-deal.

Magnus Fulgur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 05:19 PM
flountown

I would do the Carter and Gagne deal, but we'd have to have a signing agreement with him. As long as the Atlanta GM doesn't pull a J.P. Ricciardi and prevent possible trade teams from contacting Kovalchuk's agent to discuss contracts involved in a possible trade.

But remember, there is Gagne's NTC to consider. And we have to consider that the Flyers and Russians never seem to work out...

flountown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 11:21 PM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post

No kidding. Atlanta looks like they will be a playoff team, they will be doing the rentals.... Kovalchuk looks like he likes winning, I can see him reupping soon.

Oh, and the Flyers, if the season ended now, would be in the draft lottery for the right to take Taylor Hall..... Oops.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2009, 11:20 AM
UseYourAllusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by flountown View Post
I would love to have Joffrey Lupul back...when he uses it the guy has a nasty nasty shot.
**** that.

UseYourAllusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2009, 02:01 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxostoma Rufum View Post
I think Briere would be a perfect center for Kovalchuk. Ilya is an under-rated playmaker and I think the two would rack up the points.

If Atlanta has to trade Kovalchuk they have to get a top six left winger in return. They have Kane to fill the #1 LW role next year, and Morin will eventually be a solid LW...but if Kovy goes, Kozlov might waive his NTC: he certainly won't be re-signed next year as a UFA by Atlanta.

If only Gagne was healthy, Atlanta and Philly could work out a mega-deal.
He'll be back by next weekend.