HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Claude Giroux

Old
12-10-2009, 09:30 AM
kicksave27

vCash: 500
Its not how you start a season, it's how you finish it. And if the last 2 years are any indication, Giroux can really turn it on at the end of the season. He obliterated the Q in the playoffs and had a really nice series against the pens.

kicksave27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 11:19 AM
rban*

Can I try to put things in perspective?

Despite their deficiencies, Lupul and Knuble did reliably score 20 plus goals every season and were bona fide Top 6 forwards (whether over[aid or not).

Both were let go, and now Philly has to use others .. who are not quite yet Top 6 calibre... to fill in.

Not surprising that some players are being asked to do more than they're quite ready or capable of. Giroux is young and probably falls in this category. Hence his struggles.

You simply cant take two top 6 forwards out in one shot, fail to acquire any top 6'ers to replace them.. and expect some forwards not to struggle.

rban* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 01:27 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by rban View Post
Despite their deficiencies, Lupul and Knuble did reliably score 20 plus goals every season and were bona fide Top 6 forwards (whether over[aid or not).

Both were let go, and now Philly has to use others .. who are not quite yet Top 6 calibre... to fill in.

Not surprising that some players are being asked to do more than they're quite ready or capable of. Giroux is young and probably falls in this category. Hence his struggles.

You simply cant take two top 6 forwards out in one shot, fail to acquire any top 6'ers to replace them.. and expect some forwards not to struggle.
Knuble has never been overpaid.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 02:03 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Carter is turning into our version of Kovalev or Frolov.

lazy, gutless players who have so much talent yet they cant or wont use it.

The guy scored 46 goals last year and now he seems to think he can just replicate that by showing up and not working hard.

Yeah maybe I am critical of Carter, and I am over reacting but he needs to step up and prove people wrong, but I think its safe to say I am not the only one who feels this way.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 02:09 PM
JSTAFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireHolmgrenDotCom View Post
Carter is turning into our version of Kovalev or Frolov.

lazy, gutless players who have so much talent yet they cant or wont use it.

The guy scored 46 goals last year and now he seems to think he can just replicate that by showing up and not working hard.

Yeah maybe I am critical of Carter, and I am over reacting but he needs to step up and prove people wrong, but I think its safe to say I am not the only one who feels this way.
The thing is, its not like his goals have been these things of beauty. The majority of his goals this year have been Knuble goals. Withing 2 feet of the crease.

JSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 02:22 PM
Crossbar Ping

Then put his skinny ass in front of the ****** net !

Crossbar Ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 09:22 AM
Miss Mess

I wish giroux and briere would be paired together again, atleast on the pp or something

Miss Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 09:40 AM

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by rban View Post

You forget that we've got Giroux, JVR and Briere in to replace them, right?

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 10:23 AM
chimrichalds18
the key

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
You forget that we've got Giroux, JVR and Briere in to replace them, right?
Couple things, though. Giroux and JVR, while projected to be good, have never been 20 goal NHL scorers. Knuble and Lupul were proven.

On top of that, Briere doesn't really "replace" Lupul and Knuble because Gagne's still a factor. Last year, Gagne came back and filled in for Briere (who supposedly made up for Gagne's absence the year before). Briere's pulling his weight and looks good, but we're essentially using Giroux, JVR, and Briere to make up for Knuble, Lupul, and Gagne. That's a lot to ask for right now.

chimrichalds18 is offline   Reply With Quote