HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Trade winds following Flyers

Closed Thread

Old
12-11-2009, 08:08 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triqsix View Post
it helps us get our first back (and the way things look.. we need it)

and getting ryan cuts aprox. 2M of our cap next year (if ryan was resigned for the rumored 3M he is asking for.)

but hey.. i am high on ryan, low on carter. carter was never my favorite player and i think he is lazy and always will be lazy.

Where are those rumors coming from? I'm thinking quite a bit more.

Old
12-11-2009, 08:08 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 8400
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Atlanta is not trading Bogosian under any circumstances
And Peverley to a lesser degree.

Old
12-11-2009, 08:13 PM
TheKingPin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanL44 View Post
To Anaheim: Carter + Coburn

To Philadelphia: Ryan + Sbisa + 1st

Please thanks.
Well that better be the first overall.

Old
12-11-2009, 08:14 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPin View Post
Well that better be the first overall.
Better make it our option to switch then.

Old
12-11-2009, 08:20 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Something needs to be changed. Maybe JR is right about the team?

Old
12-11-2009, 08:24 PM
Slowbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Clarke Fan Club View Post
Where are those rumors coming from? I'm thinking quite a bit more.

IIRC, a ducks blogger stating what his agent said.. where does ryan have the leverage to demand more either way?

there was talks about negotiating falling through temporarily between the ducks and ryan.. haven't heard word since.

Old
12-11-2009, 08:37 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

[QUOTE=triqsix;22604202]IIRC, a ducks blogger stating what his agent said.. where does ryan have the leverage to demand more either way?

there was talks about negotiating falling through temporarily between the ducks and ryan.. haven't heard word since

Watch the circus if he ever sees RFA status. I'm thinking if 3 mill was his agents asking price, that there would be no breakdowns on the Ducks part. I'd bet a testicle(not mine though), that he signs for 3.8 +..probably upwards of 4.

Old
12-11-2009, 08:46 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
A lot of teams will be asking about Carter. They know his current troubles aren't indicative of his future play (how could they be? Such a small sample size) and it's not like Vanek was more proven than Carter when he sized his contract. There's blood in the water and a lot of teams are going to try and take advantage.

But, this is the NHL. We all have our favored players but the reality is that no one is truly untouchable. There are just players that you'll trade for fair value and players that you'd trade for overpayment.

I am a supporter of Emery but if this team could get Halak to sign an extension for cheap (he only makes 800k and will be RFA) and we end up solving our goalie problem for 3 or 4 years for a reasonable sum then I would do that any day of the week.

This team will not be able to afford a top flight goalie earning 5 million+ for years. If we could lock up a young guy with a bright future for a few million for a few years then it's a no brainer. If Emery takes us deep into the playoffs and comports himself well he is as good as gone unless he takes a discount... which despite what most of us believe virtually never happens.

That being said, I really hope that everyone waits until we once again have a great 3rd/4th line and Gagne is back. Wait until the pieces are in place again and Emery is 100 percent. Unless Boucher starts to **** the bed but, really, he hasn't shown any signs that he's anything but a competent veteran backup.

Old
12-11-2009, 09:32 PM
TheKingPin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
A lot of teams will be asking about Carter. They know his current troubles aren't indicative of his future play (how could they be? Such a small sample size) and it's not like Vanek was more proven than Carter when he sized his contract. There's blood in the water and a lot of teams are going to try and take advantage.

But, this is the NHL. We all have our favored players but the reality is that no one is truly untouchable. There are just players that you'll trade for fair value and players that you'd trade for overpayment.

I am a supporter of Emery but if this team could get Halak to sign an extension for cheap (he only makes 800k and will be RFA) and we end up solving our goalie problem for 3 or 4 years for a reasonable sum then I would do that any day of the week.

This team will not be able to afford a top flight goalie earning 5 million+ for years. If we could lock up a young guy with a bright future for a few million for a few years then it's a no brainer. If Emery takes us deep into the playoffs and comports himself well he is as good as gone unless he takes a discount... which despite what most of us believe virtually never happens.

That being said, I really hope that everyone waits until we once again have a great 3rd/4th line and Gagne is back. Wait until the pieces are in place again and Emery is 100 percent. Unless Boucher starts to **** the bed but, really, he hasn't shown any signs that he's anything but a competent veteran backup.
Yea I mean we arent scoing goals. There is no reason to go after a goaltender. Boucher has played well recently here and played great for the sharks when nabby went down.

I personally feel like we are getting a lot of chances and just not getting a few bounces. One of the games that we got SO in we hit two posts in the first period. I really like Lavi's system I think we go with it for a little while longer before changing a big piece.

Either that or build a time machine and trade Carter last year to the west for bank.

Old
12-11-2009, 09:37 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
I would like Halak

Old
12-11-2009, 10:06 PM
DUHockey9

I personally want to give it another week and half or so before I make a trade. I think they will pull out of this shortly.

Old
12-11-2009, 10:20 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Gagne back next week? I'll take it.

Old
12-11-2009, 11:11 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
I would like Halak
If Atlanta would be willing to get rid of Pavalec then I would go after him first.

Old
12-11-2009, 11:16 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1412
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Gagne back next week? I'll take it.
The comment about the Canucks' staff is interesting.

http://www.csnphilly.com/pages/landi...277&feedID=695

Quote:
Simon Gagne is feeling pretty good, but again said he could not see himself in the lineup until next weekend. The Flyers have some very critical games coming up with the Devils, Bruins and Penguins in which Gagne’s absence is huge. Gagne, who will be at six weeks “rehab” for his abdominal surgery on Tuesday, said he won’t be seen by doctors until Wednesday to get clearance to play. His recovery is listed at six weeks minimum. … The Flyers’ training staff has incorporated some rehab techniques from the Vancouver Canucks’ staff to offer both Gagne and Ray Emery that is specific to their abdominal surgeries.

Old
12-11-2009, 11:28 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
If Atlanta would be willing to get rid of Pavalec
They're not.

Old
12-11-2009, 11:34 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
If Atlanta would be willing to get rid of Pavalec then I would go after him first.
I think they would get rid of Lehtonen at this point.

Old
12-12-2009, 06:30 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
The comment about the Canucks' staff is interesting.

http://www.csnphilly.com/pages/landi...277&feedID=695
Well that's nice of the Canucks' staff. Hope it's a great way to rehab them. Just hope it doesn't keep them out.

Old
12-12-2009, 12:26 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Just curious here, Tim P. mentioned a trade freeze from the 19th to the 27th in his latest article about the Flyers and I was just curious if that was a rule in place or if it is just like a courtesy to the players not to trade them at Christmas. Anyone know if it is a written or unwritten rule? Thanks.

Also they won't (and shouldn't) trade Carter. Maybe Gagne, Briere, or Hartnell will be traded (hopefully not Hartnell), but I think trading Carter would be a terrible move, and don't see it happening unless something great is coming back our way. And Halak is not great.

Old
12-12-2009, 12:31 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1412
Quote:
Just curious here, Tim P. mentioned a trade freeze from the 19th to the 27th in his latest article about the Flyers and I was just curious if that was a rule in place or if it is just like a courtesy to the players not to trade them at Christmas. Anyone know if it is a written or unwritten rule? Thanks.

Also they won't (and shouldn't) trade Carter. Maybe Gagne, Briere, or Hartnell will be traded (hopefully not Hartnell), but I think trading Carter would be a terrible move, and don't see it happening unless something great is coming back our way. And Halak is not great.
It is part of the CBA.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=398586

Quote:
What exactly is the Holiday Roster Freeze?

It is a proviso of the current Collective Bargaining Agreement that limits the movement of players around the Christmas holiday.

Simply stated, it prevents any players on NHL active rosters or injured reserve from being traded, waived or loaned from midnight (local time) Dec. 19 until midnight (local time) on Dec. 27.

There are a couple of exceptions to this rule. Teams may sign players during the roster freeze or call up players if roster space becomes available. Also, if a player is placed on waivers before Dec. 19, he must immediately report to any team that claims him during the Holiday Roster Freeze period.

NHL clubs also can make any roster moves necessary to come into salary-cap and roster limits when removing a player from the Bona Fide Long-Term Injury/Illness Exception.

Old
12-12-2009, 01:05 PM
Jester

Quote:

Carter is the only one without a NTC.

And, no, I don't think they should trade him.

Old
12-12-2009, 01:06 PM
TheDrizzle81

Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanL44 View Post
To Anaheim: Carter + Coburn

To Philadelphia: Ryan + Sbisa + 1st

Please thanks.
Id take Bobby Ryan for Jeff Carter any day of the week. Cheaper and is a hard worker, Bobby Ryan is also from the area and could sign "cheaper" for his hometown team.

Coburn for Sbisa at this point I could care less about, I never got all the hype about Sbisa (he was being made out to be the next Bobby Orr) but he is a promising young player, as is Coburn, but Im starting to lose more and more faith in Coburn so if that happens Im OK. The 1st would be a nice asset to add for Carter. Dont get me wrong Carter is going to be awesome, but Im starting to wonder if he and the team need a change of scenery. Hes inmproved since Lavvy jumped behind the bench, but overall I do not oppose this trade.

Old
12-12-2009, 01:12 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
Thanks. That's a good thing to have for the players. I guess no other sports really have to worry about that sort of thing because in the NFL trade deadline is before then and all other sports aren't operating. Does basketball have one too? No need to answer that, I don't really care.

Old
12-12-2009, 01:17 PM
TheDrizzle81

Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Thanks. That's a good thing to have for the players. I guess no other sports really have to worry about that sort of thing because in the NFL trade deadline is before then and all other sports aren't operating. Does basketball have one too? No need to answer that, I don't really care.

Old
12-12-2009, 01:24 PM
Viller

This reads alot like fabricated ******** to get the players going to me. Usually when the media is trying to spread rumors, they at least have a name to build an arcticle on. This is just THEY SUCK, LETS TRADE!

Old
12-12-2009, 05:45 PM
Mr Underhill

Uhhhhhhhhh Vinny???

To Philly:

Vinny Lecavalier
Mike Smith

To Tampa:

Jeff Carter
JVR
2010 1st or Claude Giroux