HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hey, there's a Home Game Tonight against the Ducks, Dec 12, 7 pm, (apparently)

Old
12-12-2009, 08:52 PM
skimp

vCash: 500
Hitch: the Nash line isn't working; Nash looked tired; Dorsett has a broken hand.

skimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 09:01 PM
Pata93

Quote:
Originally Posted by skimp View Post
Hitch: the Nash line isn't working; Nash looked tired; Dorsett has a broken hand.
It is now the time to try Jake out there with Nash.

Nash/Vermette/Voracek
Huselius/Brassard/Umberger

Pata93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 09:06 PM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Back from the game.

Official NHL slump busters

"Blow Jackets"

Bury the Flag!

Can you tell I'm pissed?

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 09:25 PM
orthosrgn2

CBJ should change their entry song to "Switching to Glide". That was the most ho-hum game I have witnessed in a while. No spark, no enthusiasm..... from the goaltender out ( with the possible exception of RJ).

orthosrgn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 09:28 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Passionless, joyless, directionless. Most (but not all) of the guys played with good effort, but it's not the same. There are days I like my job more than others. Too many days these players don't seem to be liking their jobs.

Old
12-12-2009, 09:33 PM
orthosrgn2

I can't believe I am saying this but this team needs a leader. Nash may be wearing the C and sometimes leads by example but I see very little passion or energy in this team at all. Are they all just here for the paycheck or does pride enter into the equation?

orthosrgn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 09:39 PM
Halfboard
mmmm, beer

Missed the game; out shopping this evening. Just got back. Listened to last 1/2 of third period on the way home. Question: Just 5 pages on the GDT?? Wow, I guess us die-hards (myself included) are starting to lose interest a little...................apparently much like the players.

Halfboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 09:40 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfboard View Post
Missed the game; out shopping this evening. Just got back. Listened to last 1/2 of third period on the way home. Question: Just 5 pages on the GDT?? Wow, I guess us die-hards (myself included) are starting to lose interest a little...................apparently much like the players.
Balsillie wants to move the board to Hamilton.

Double-Shift Lassť is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 09:44 PM
CzechMate93

Jake needs to grow his hair back fast! The funk started around when Hitch made him cut it.

CzechMate93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 09:44 PM
skimp

Quote:
What did you get me?

Old
12-12-2009, 09:45 PM
Halfboard
mmmm, beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Passionless, joyless, directionless. Most (but not all) of the guys played with good effort, but it's not the same. There are days I like my job more than others. Too many days these players don't seem to be liking their jobs.
I think they hate their boss.

"Yeah, if you could just play real heavy right now, that would be great. Yeahhhhhhhhhhh."

Old
12-12-2009, 09:49 PM
Halfboard
mmmm, beer

Quote:
What did you get me?
Just what you want. 1. A stud defenseman to play the point on the PP & to intimidate the beejesus outa the other team. 2. A coach who believes that offense is a good thing. 3. A lifetime supply of energy drinks for our Captain. 4. A new job for Rimer...............I'm rambling.

Old
12-12-2009, 09:49 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Quote:
You didn't miss much, not a very exciting game, Jackets just dump and chase for 60 minutes. Half ass effort tonight.

And I don't know what's happened to the GDT's, they're progressively getting less active, not sure why.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 09:53 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
-The new Dipping Dots packages.
-Boom Jackets :thumbsd:
-I don't care how obnoxious this sounds; if you're going to let your kids wear Heelys to a game, you shouldn't have kids. Seriously considered close lining one of the kids.
-Anyone who says the games need to be louder needs to say that to someone who sat in the middle of 102 tonight.
-They should send that anthem guy down to Syracuse. A future full-time anthem singer? (Being serious here.)

-Bottom line in this game, the 1st line just isn't playing well. Umberger has been lousy all season. Nash has been lousy of late. Huselius is Huselius.
-Anyone who *****es about the reffing didn't watch the same game I did. They let both teams play.
-I don't wanna sound like Don Cherry here, but Rick "Captain Courageous" Nash needs to stop the cheap shots on guys a foot smaller then him. Show some fortitude and drop the gloves at least.
-I'm about a week of bad games away from the fire Hitch camp/

A question for you all. Is anyone else as bored at these games as I have been recently? Call me a bad fan, but these recent games have been extremely dull. Combined with the terrible game ops stuff and the bad end results, and I'm really wondering why I'm bothering anymore.

Signed, A 250+ Gamer who's starting to lose the faith.

12-12-2009, 10:01 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
-The new Dipping Dots packages.
-Boom Jackets :thumbsd:
-I don't care how obnoxious this sounds; if you're going to let your kids wear Heelys to a game, you shouldn't have kids. Seriously considered close lining one of the kids.
-Anyone who says the games need to be louder needs to say that to someone who sat in the middle of 102 tonight.
-They should send that anthem guy down to Syracuse. A future full-time anthem singer? (Being serious here.)

-Bottom line in this game, the 1st line just isn't playing well. Umberger has been lousy all season. Nash has been lousy of late. Huselius is Huselius.
-Anyone who *****es about the reffing didn't watch the same game I did. They let both teams play.
-I don't wanna sound like Don Cherry here, but Rick "Captain Courageous" Nash needs to stop the cheap shots on guys a foot smaller then him. Show some fortitude and drop the gloves at least.
-I'm about a week of bad games away from the fire Hitch camp/

A question for you all. Is anyone else as bored at these games as I have been recently? Call me a bad fan, but these recent games have been extremely dull. Combined with the terrible game ops stuff and the bad end results, and I'm really wondering why I'm bothering anymore.

Last three games I've been lucky enough to attend.

Detroit blowout. 9-1.
Toronto blowout. 6-3.
Ducks not quite a blowout, but damn. 3-1.

If any "casual" fan or whatever went to any of these games, you know they aren't coming back any time soon.

You aren't alone, Sam. I'm starting to wonder why I bother as well.

Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 10:01 PM
skimp

Quote:

Yeah. I went to the Calgary game around Thanksgiving and was bored out of my mind. Lately, it feels like I'm watching/listening to the games just because that's what I'm used to doing. It's hard to care when it seems like the Jackets don't.

Last edited by skimp: 12-12-2009 at 10:07 PM.
Old
12-12-2009, 10:05 PM
Halfboard
mmmm, beer

Quote:

I have tickets for Monday night, and for the first time since the Jackets came here, I'm not really looking forward to going. Been to 7 games so far this year; it's 50 miles one way, and considering the total lack of quality effort we've seen, I'm thinking I won't be coming back until some significant, meaningful changes are made. Never thought I'd ever even consider saying that, but........there ya go.......

Old
12-12-2009, 10:17 PM
aRussian

I've made every game this season but I'm considering not going anymore until we actually start playing hockey again. Being back in Dayton I don't know if I want to put 4 hours + of my time to watch 10 minutes of effort from this team. This monday is the last chance I'm giving this team before deciding to go to anymore. It has to be an EARNED win, not a lucky win or a half-hearted win. If we don't play I'm done until I'm back in Columbus, I'll save my time and money and get my family christmas presents this year instead.

I'm also in the same camp as Samkow in the reffing department; they were fair in their distribution of penalties (although they chose the dumbest things to call) and let the boys play. Columbus lost because they didn't play, they didn't lose because of unfair reffing.

I usually try not to lean too far to one side after a win or loss but I'm really moving toward getting something done. Trade, fire Hitch, SOMETHING. Show the fans you care about the fans, not about getting the money from their pockets. Fix the damn team because something is obviously wrong.

Flame me if you want, but Nash doesn't deserve that "c". He doesn't hustle and there were two instances of 5-4 in our own zone (not on the PK) where Nash was drifting out in the neutral zone waiting for some outlet pass or somesuch. What happened to forwards helping out the defense? That's one less guy to help us get it out of the zone. And I noticed the "bravery" against smaller players too, man up dude. Getzlaf called him out in the scrum by the bench after the cross check penalty too. Refusing: smart or cowardice?

Still pissed. Wasn't a blowout but a lack of effort will piss you off just as much. And the post game interviews don't help. They all basically said "well we are doing some things right...". Unbelievable. The guys are candy *****. They don't check and they want to see roses when there are no roses. How many checks did the defense throw tonight?

Pissed, I'm going to bed before I blow up at someone. Sorry to all you guys for having to watch that too.

aRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 10:27 PM
ConoR187

Send a message via AIM to ConoR187
2 wins in our last 12 games

i think that is a nuff said.

ConoR187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 10:29 PM
Feicht

Send a message via AIM to Feicht
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJalltheway View Post
Jake needs to grow his hair back fast! The funk started around when Hitch made him cut it.
I mentioned this in the Hitch *****ing thread. I am actually starting to wonder if the two things weren't connected in some way. Not that his hair has any mystical powers (maybe it does...) but just that the players saw that THAT is the kind of ******** Hitch thinks is important, as opposed to, oh I dunno, non-optional practices, offense, or being able to do more than one skill at a time.

As for the reffing, neither team won or lost because of it, but that doesn't mean they did a good job; it just so happens they were equally horrible at both ends of the rink.

And Samkow's point about losing hardcore (and therefore, casual) fans is well put. This is kind of what I was talking about when we were losing games 6-5. At least they were exciting games then. Now we're back to Hitchcock snoozefests, and we're still ****ing losing. Good luck trying to draw "casual fans" for this stuff.

I wish Howson saw it this way, but as usual, he's just going to sit on the fence and be conservative.

Feicht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 10:31 PM
skimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feicht View Post
I mentioned this in the Hitch *****ing thread. I am actually starting to wonder if the two things weren't connected in some way. Not that his hair has any mystical powers (maybe it does...) but just that the players saw that THAT is the kind of ******** Hitch thinks is important, as opposed to, oh I dunno, non-optional practices, offense, or being able to do more than one skill at a time.
Oh, come on now. It's entirely possible to (1) be weighty, (2) have competitive composure, and (3) go to the hard areas all at the same time.

Old
12-12-2009, 10:33 PM
Renion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConoR187 View Post
2 wins in our last 12 games

i think that is a nuff said.
Only team in the West with a losing record in its last 10 games, too.

At least things can only go up!*

* Unless they keep going down.

Renion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 10:34 PM
Feicht

Send a message via AIM to Feicht
Quote:
Oh, come on now. It's entirely possible to (1) be weighty, (2) have competitive composure, and (3) go to the hard areas all at the same time.

Feicht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 10:34 PM
cheezymadman

Quote:
No Leo = No win.
I thought it was weird that everyone yelled "LEO" even though it wasn't him.

Most of the Future Jackets could've had spots on the team tonight, though. Especially that kid that made the great save.

cheezymadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 10:47 PM
Fuzzy D

Leo's cool but the singer tonight technically is a better singer and a more skilled voice.

Fuzzy D is offline   Reply With Quote