HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

(#31): 12/12/2009 Buffalo Sabres @ New York Rangers 7:00pm MSG (HD)

Old
12-12-2009, 09:05 PM
Dagoon44

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
Where do you do your signings again? Trumbull mall, was it?
agoon44 and K & M All Star Sports Store in the Crystal Mall located in Waterford CT is proud to host an autograph signing with Former NY Ranger Chris Kotsopoulos on Sunday December 13 from 12pm to 2 pm. Chris spent a season with the Rangers in 1980-81 and collected 16 points while racking up 154 pims. Chris was part of a trade that sent Doug Sulliman and Chris to Hartford for stand out center Mike Rogers. Chris spent the rest of his NHL career with the Whalers and Maple Leafs before finishing in Detroit. Chris coined a phrase once a Ranger always a Ranger and hosts a website named Kotsy's Korner where he puts his point of view to today's Rangers. http://kotsyskorner.blogspot.com/ Autographs will be just $10.00 and Rangers pucks and pictures as well as Whalers mini helmets and pucks. Pm me for mail order and more details . Did I mention his son is a regular poster on here ?

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 09:06 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick00 View Post
Well just take a look at the standings and ask yourself, which teams are the Rangers unquestionably better than?
Carolina, yes... Toronto, yes.... after that, who?
The entire Western conference is better than us.
Toronto beat Washington 6-3 tonight, they are starting to get hot, 7-3-1 in the last 11 I think Rangers are 3-7-1.

Kessel is on fire and if they get the goaltending shored up I think they can be an 8 seed honestly.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 09:09 PM
OrbitalDynamics

vCash: 50
Why did Beer see less than five minutes in the third, I thought coach liked his "jam"?

OrbitalDynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 09:16 PM
Banks3rdLineCenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomLaidlaw View Post

We've gone from Suck to Blow.
Easily one of the best movie references I've seen on here in a while.

Banks3rdLineCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 09:21 PM
DM23BK30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick00 View Post
Well just take a look at the standings and ask yourself, which teams are the Rangers unquestionably better than?
Carolina, yes... Toronto, yes.... after that, who?
The entire Western conference is better than us.
I think Toronto is a much more complete team than us except they have inconsistent goaltending.

All the newcomers took time to get used to one another. I foresee the leafs finishing between 7-10 this season.

Their record with Kessel in the lineup is 9-7-3 and they have won 7 of their last 10.

I also foresee Carolina AND Philly rebounding with the Isles taking a tumble late.

It'll be between us and the Isles for last in the east.

Again, all apologies to THN for mocking their preseason prediction.

DM23BK30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 09:23 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scipio Africanus View Post
I think Toronto is a much more complete team than us except they have inconsistent goaltending.

All the newcomers took time to get used to one another. I foresee the leafs finishing between 7-10 this season.

Their record with Kessel in the lineup is 9-7-3 and they have won 7 of their last 10.

I also foresee Carolina AND Philly rebounding with the Isles taking a tumble late.

It'll be between us and the Isles for last in the east.

Again, all apologies to THN for mocking their preseason prediction.
I knew that Florida lost but didn't realize it was in OT so with that point they go ahead of us and we are all alone at 12 with Toronto and Philly a point back. I have a feeling Antropov comes back to rub it in our face on Monday...

Old
12-12-2009, 09:26 PM
Gresch04

The difference between this year and last year is that Gaborik adds +1 goal per game and sloppy defense adds +1 goal against so they will lose 3-2 almost every night instead of 2-1. Renny, Torts, Scotty Bowman - it doesn't matter. You can't win with this pile of dung.

Gresch04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 09:29 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Failure By Design View Post
I knew that Florida lost but didn't realize it was in OT so with that point they go ahead of us and we are all alone at 12 with Toronto and Philly a point back. I have a feeling Antropov comes back to rub it in our face on Monday...
How Philly is in 12th place with the players on that team I will never figure out.

Two #1 centers, a PPG forward in Briere, a Norris trophy winner, two stud young forwards in Giroux and van Riemsdyk, etc...

They have to get better eventually

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 09:29 PM
TheHotRock

at least we get to watch gaborik every night.

this team isn't good, but if slats plays his cards right we could be very competitive next season. we have plenty of guys that could fetch significant-ish returns at the deadline

TheHotRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 09:31 PM
NHLhockey1234

I hope Sather keeps on smoking his cigars cough his cancer sticks so that he gets incapacitated. That man has no humanity, is greedy and money hungering as hell, and is terrible.

NHLhockey1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 09:31 PM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Failure By Design View Post
Can't stop them from drafting the 2010 Version of Jessiman
That can't, but Gordie Clark can.

Zil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 09:32 PM
Loffen
Hadouken!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediprakNYR View Post
I hope Sather keeps on smoking his cigars...
I'm pretty sure he's smoking something else...

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 09:33 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
How Philly is in 12th place with the players on that team I will never figure out.

Two #1 centers, a PPG forward in Briere, a Norris trophy winner, two stud young forwards in Giroux and van Riemsdyk, etc...

They have to get better eventually
Yep there is no way they continue there free fall, I think they will make a move for Vokoun, Ellis, or Halak.

Old
12-12-2009, 09:34 PM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

ahahahha he said "if sather plays his cards right" silly goose, you should know better.

settle in boys and girls this is merely the beginning of a longggggggggggg road

GeorgeHamiltonsTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 09:36 PM
Jeremy2020

I wonder if Gomez could be had for the 1st

Jeremy2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 09:44 PM
js10

I am starting to have enough of this team. This team has a problem and it is communication. If coach can't effectively tell the players to be really accountable for their mistakes, then FIRE HIM! Rangers play does not have any system, players do not know where their spot is. C'mon! We past 30 games and players still act stupid. This is really serious problem. Start looking for a new coach!!!

js10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 09:57 PM
Swagelin
aka Bienvenue a ny

Welcome aboard the fail train! Next stop failvile!

CHUGGA CHUGGA CHOOCHOO....
Posted via Mobile Device

Swagelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 10:04 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediprakNYR View Post
I hope Sather keeps on smoking his cigars cough his cancer sticks so that he gets incapacitated. That man has no humanity, is greedy and money hungering as hell, and is terrible.
What a stupid post.

Greedy? Money hungering?

Care to delve into these pointless remarks?

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 10:05 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

You can bet the farm on Kotalik taking 1 or 2 dumb penalties every time he suits up. He runs like clockwork.

Still don't know why he wasn't on that last PP though, remind me what Drury brings in that situation again?

12-12-2009, 10:05 PM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjs252 View Post
Now, I'm pretty willing to give the benefit of the doubt to the coaching staff, they know what goes on during a game, they know what's said on a bench and in a a player's body language.

HOWEVER

With the game on the line with the final PP, to not have Kotalik out there is inexcusable. I realize he was the reason the go ahead goal happened, and go ahead and punish him at even strength, but not having him out there at the point is punishing the team. Del Zotto and Drury playing hot potato on the point didn't do it, and the Sabres could really cheat knowing there was no legitimate point threat.

Scratch Kotalik, send him to Hartford, I don't care, but so long as he's dressed, and the PP is for the game, he HAS to be out there, and I don't care what he's done in the game up to that point, you are punishing the team, not him, if you neuter your PP point to that extent.
just the latest in the daily coaching follies. Torts says it had nothing to do with the shorthanded goal, he went with his gut. Good to know his gut is the source of the problem all this time i just thought he was plain old ********. Perhaps some mylanta or pepto and we can get some lines that make sense and a coach that can figure out how to utilize home ice advantage.

did druseless speak to the media?

GeorgeHamiltonsTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 10:07 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by js10 View Post
I am starting to have enough of this team. This team has a problem and it is communication. If coach can't effectively tell the players to be really accountable for their mistakes, then FIRE HIM! Rangers play does not have any system, players do not know where their spot is. C'mon! We past 30 games and players still act stupid. This is really serious problem. Start looking for a new coach!!!
I'm disliking Torts more and more, but you need to give him more time. 30 Games is hardly a considerable amount, especially when you have a team with so many new faces.

If by this time, next season, we still have no identity, offense, or defense, then you start to look at different coaching alternatives.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 10:48 PM
NYR Viper

Honestly, all it would take at this point is an injury to Hank or Gaborik and this team would tank on its own.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 11:16 PM
HNJB*

Sorry about Kotalik guys. I feel for ya

As for Drury, it sucks to see him criticized. I honestly don't think he was criticized once when he played in Buffalo.

Anyway, I hope you guys get back on track, you deserve better.

HNJB* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 11:21 PM
NYRSchrute217

The Rangers are a really bad team. Like, really really really bad. I hope we can just deal our garbage like Redden, Rozsival, Drury, Kotalik, Higgins, etc. to a desperate team at the deadline...this team is not even close to playoff level..I can't put my finger on it...they just do NOTHING right.

Side note, Buffalo fans ****ing suck. Loud, annoying, and filled up 40% of the building tonight. Most of them were mid-age fat women in Miller jerseys too. Was I the only one who noticed those 3 idiots tonight in the 300s somewhere wearing helmets with orange flashing lights for when the Sabres scored?

NYRSchrute217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 11:22 PM
McDonaghisGod
Oh, the pain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryNealesJokebook View Post
Sorry about Kotalik guys. I feel for ya

As for Drury, it sucks to see him criticized. I honestly don't think he was criticized once when he played in Buffalo.

Anyway, I hope you guys get back on track, you deserve better.
That's because he played well in Buffalo.

McDonaghisGod is offline   Reply With Quote