HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Drury Has 2 Friggin Goals - ONE Goal in last 26 Games

Closed Thread

Old
12-13-2009, 02:29 AM
Radek27

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Drury Has 2 Friggin Goals - ONE Goal in last 26 Games

The coach called him out tonight and I think it's about time for the fans to do the same. We jump all over Rozsival, Malik, Poti but let this guy come in here and collect 22 million + and he has 2 damn goals! I hate to point blame at one guy but he has to realize he's making superstar money. How is his paycheck bigger than Gaborik? How is Torts supposed to do his job when his highest paid foward and team captain has TWO friggin goals on the season? This is the problem with this team and things won't change till something is done about it. I think Torts sent a message to Sather tonight with that Drury on the point play at the end there.

Old
12-13-2009, 02:39 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
The coach called him out tonight and I think it's about time for the fans to do the same. We jump all over Rozsival, Malik, Poti but let this guy come in here and collect 22 million + and he has 2 damn goals! I hate to point blame at one guy but he has to realize he's making superstar money. How is his paycheck bigger than Gaborik? How is Torts supposed to do his job when his highest paid foward and team captain has TWO friggin goals on the season? This is the problem with this team and things won't change till something is done about it. I think Torts sent a message to Sather tonight with that Drury on the point play at the end there.
I think the message being sent was that Kotalik is a ****ing loser, considering he was typically horrendous in this game.

Let's review the common points:

-The amount of money Drury makes doesn't change the player he is. He's the same player.

-Drury scores when playing with better offensive players. You put him with a good playmaker, he'll get some goals. You put him with grinders, he's not going to score much.

-It's Sather's fault for paying Drury, a great role player, superstar money.

-It's Sather's fault for not putting Drury in a position to succeed, much as he's done for Callahan, Anisimov, Avery, Higgins, etc.

Old
12-13-2009, 02:45 AM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
I think the message being sent was that Kotalik is a ****ing loser, considering he was typically horrendous in this game.

-The amount of money Drury makes doesn't change the player he is. He's the same player.

-Drury scores when playing with better offensive players. You put him with a good playmaker, he'll get some goals. You put him with grinders, he's not going to score much.

-It's Sather's fault for not putting Drury in a position to succeed, much as he's done for Callahan, Anisimov, Avery, Higgins, etc.
Thats fine, then Sather should be fired. I don't care who answers for it just as long as something starts being done about fixing this. It's a very big issue for this team.

Old
12-13-2009, 02:46 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
Thats fine, then Sather should be fired.
No ****.

Old
12-13-2009, 02:54 AM
Cake or Death

Yeah, it's pretty f-in bad. When Gilroy got sent down I thought, "Why in hell are we sending this kid down ... he's a first season d-man who has twice as many goals as Drury." Since the Holik signing I have not comprehended how any team in the league (or in the ECHL) would retain or hire Sather. Tack on the Drury, Gomez, Redden contracts ... wow. In keeping such a complete imbecile as GM, it certainly gives the appearance that top management does not care about winning and/or has no connection to reality. I personally have a hard time supporting the team under these circumstances. Thank God Jagr was able to carry the team on his back a few seasons and make the team enjoyable to deal with.

Old
12-13-2009, 03:04 AM
Crease

There really needs to be a louder voice at the Garden to fire Sather. This organization is in need of a serious culture shock and it has to start with new management.

Old
12-13-2009, 04:36 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Is that so alarming? I think it's more alarming that at this point in the season, outside of gaborik (at 21), no one has more than 6 goals.

prospal 6
kotalik 6
callahan 5
anisimov 5
del zotto 5
avery' 4
girardi 4
higgins 4
gilroy 4

wt-fuuuuuuuuh

Old
12-13-2009, 06:02 AM
HoosierDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post

This applies to 100% of the players in the league. Even goalies can get points for head-manning the puck out of the zone. Captain Valium needs to go, along with the clueless front office.

Old
12-13-2009, 06:04 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Captain Dreary...

Old
12-13-2009, 08:20 AM
Cake or Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
Is that so alarming? I think it's more alarming that at this point in the season, outside of gaborik (at 21), no one has more than 6 goals.
You don't find it alarming that a team has a 7 million dollar forward who is on pace to score 6 goals this season? I'm not sure who's scarier, Stephen King or Glen Sather.

Old
12-13-2009, 08:23 AM
SomebodySaveKreider

Whats going on with Chris Drury doesn't seem to be JUST Drury. Outside of Gaborik, nobody is scoring goals.

Old
12-13-2009, 09:15 AM
RangerBlueJay*

Someone say Blair Betts yet?

Old
12-13-2009, 09:29 AM
BroadwayBlues
Angel Grove

I would have more of a problem with Drury if he played with a great winger since signing here and he still sucked.
But as Sting36e pointed out he is unproductive cause he has no one next to him that can consistently score/threat. Makes for a MIA supposedly good play making center.

Old
12-13-2009, 09:32 AM
AXN

He has one goal in 25 games and his offensive stats are really bad. Someone noticed.

Old
12-13-2009, 09:35 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeHockeyFan View Post
You don't find it alarming that a team has a 7 million dollar forward who is on pace to score 6 goals this season? I'm not sure who's scarier, Stephen King or Glen Sather.
As a fan of Stephen King, who has read something like 30+ of his books, I find it insulting that you put his name in the same sentence as Glen Sather. You owe that man an apology.

Old
12-13-2009, 09:38 AM
Shake and Bake

Chris Drury sucks.

But dont worry guys, its just a slow start...right?

I would love to revisit some of those threads from a few weeks ago.

Also, Ryan Callhan now has 3x as many goals as Chris Drury. 6...2

Old
12-13-2009, 09:40 AM
Shake and Bake

Sting, you blasted Gomez, but wont bash Drury

Old
12-13-2009, 10:04 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Drury IS NOT the same player, though. I can't stand when people say this. Drury's career average in points is about 58 points. This season, he's on pace for 28 points. That's not even half the production.

He's a minus 8, his' career average is about even. Although, since he came to the Rangers he's been a minus every year.

The only thing he's doing well right now is faceoffs.

Personally I think he should have the captaincy taken away. Just like how Leetch's numbers were some of his career worst when he was captain, maybe Drury's the same.

Old
12-13-2009, 10:06 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
Drury IS NOT the same player, though. I can't stand when people say this. Drury's career average in points is about 58 points. This season, he's on pace for 28 points. That's not even half the production.

He's a minus 8, his' career average is about even. Although, since he came to the Rangers he's been a minus every year.

The only thing he's doing well right now is faceoffs.

Personally I think he should have the captaincy taken away. Just like how Leetch's numbers were some of his career worst when he was captain, maybe Drury's the same.

Old
12-13-2009, 10:22 AM
FLYLine24*

Betts: 1G in 13P
Drury: 2G in 26GP

Both on pace for 6 big goals this season!

Captain Useless. And i could care less about the money, the guy brings nothing but shot blocks. Worst captain since....heck I don't even know.

Old
12-13-2009, 10:29 AM
Ryan McDonut
McD for Captain

Brian boyle has more goals than Chris Drury

Old
12-13-2009, 10:36 AM
King of cool
The winning hat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubi17 View Post
Brian boyle has more goals than Chris Drury

Nigel Dawes has more goals and points than Drury, Boyle, Voros and Brashear combined.

Old
12-13-2009, 10:45 AM
KotsyJr
THE POWER OF CHRIST

Drury is awful, plain and simple. His numbers by the end of this season will be laughable. He's on the decline and he's falling fast.

You know, I really thought that not being fed Drury as much as we have been the last 2 seasons would help him. Having him take a lesser 2nd/3rd line role instead of how we got Drury on the ice for every other shift, PP, and PK. But, he's even worse.

*cue the posts about cueing the posts about his salary*
*cue the posts with blind drury love*

Old
12-13-2009, 10:58 AM
tjs252

If nobody's scoring and we're looking when, aside from Gaborik, we possibly (probably?) won't have anyone break 20, and certainly not 25, how do you blame a player who's a complimentary offensive talent for the problems?

This isn't to say Drury's play is commendable, it's not, it's clearly lacking, but Kotalik, Higgins and Callahan were meant to be the 25-35 goal guys and we'll be lucky to get 45 goals out of the three of them combined. I'd be more focused on the "skilled" players that were meant to score that aren't than Drury who was going to be a 25 goal guy in a good season, and when he's centering a grinder line, it's almost impossible to just expect him to score.

Old
12-13-2009, 11:05 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

When people just realize theres nothing we can do about Drury for 2 and a half years, maybe the whining will stop and we can focus on things that can actually be altered.

Closed Thread