HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Drury Has 2 Friggin Goals - ONE Goal in last 26 Games

Closed Thread

Old
12-13-2009, 11:12 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
When people just realize theres nothing we can do about Drury for 2 and a half years, maybe the whining will stop and we can focus on things that can actually be altered.
What's this?! Ratioanlity?! Nonesense!

Old
12-13-2009, 11:14 AM
alves

But guys, he's Captain Clutch...

Put him on the ice for big goals! Plus, he wins in everything! A Stanley Cup, even a little league baseball championship. The guy flat out knows how to win. He's worth the $7M! Just look at his high 50's in points!

http://www.comcast.net/slideshow/sports-overpaidnhl/5/

Old
12-13-2009, 11:16 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisNYR View Post
But guys, he's Captain Clutch...

Put him on the ice for big goals! Plus, he wins in everything! A Stanley Cup, even a little league baseball championship. The guy flat out knows how to win. He's worth the $7M! Just look at his high 50's in points!

http://www.comcast.net/slideshow/sports-overpaidnhl/5/

Thats site has Gaborik as overpaid. cmon.

Old
12-13-2009, 11:21 AM
alves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Thats site has Gaborik as overpaid. cmon.
Other than that, it's quite accurate.

Old
12-13-2009, 11:28 AM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Drury had 8 Goals at this time, one season ago. 7, two seasons ago. And now 2...

LOL. Pathetic.

Old
12-13-2009, 11:51 AM
Mjollnir9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
When people just realize theres nothing we can do about Drury for 2 and a half years, maybe the whining will stop and we can focus on things that can actually be altered.
We all know there is nothing we can do. The "whining" will continue for as long as Drury is here. BECAUSE HE BRINGS NOTHING!! The fact that he is here , taking up valuable cap-space while not producing at all, prevents altering this pathetic mish-mash of losers. No sane and logical person would/can tell me that Drury is still a good player. He is barely serviceable , and should be making league minimum. At the very least, HE NEEDS TO BE STRIPPED OF THE CAPTAINCY!

Old
12-13-2009, 11:58 AM
Jeremy2020

if it makes you feel any better, there's Sabres' fans that complain that they *didn't* pay him that kind of money and think it was a huge mistake.

Old
12-13-2009, 11:58 AM
eco's bones

This season was going to be 'no excuses'. Players were going to have to 'shut up and play'. The determination he came into this season with has not amounted to very much. All I can say is it looks to me like he's on a big time decline. He should learn something from Markus Naslund. If he can't put his game together by the end of the year Markus Naslund showed him an honorable way to go.

Old
12-13-2009, 12:05 PM
Banks3rdLineCenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy2020 View Post
if it makes you feel any better, there's Sabres' fans that complain that they *didn't* pay him that kind of money and think it was a huge mistake.
I highly doubt any Sabres' fan that watched the game last night regrets not having Chris Drury at $7 mil.

Old
12-13-2009, 12:08 PM
Banks3rdLineCenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crysis View Post
This list hurts more IMO:

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/story/10400632

Old
12-13-2009, 12:09 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
The coach called him out tonight and I think it's about time for the fans to do the same. We jump all over Rozsival, Malik, Poti but let this guy come in here and collect 22 million + and he has 2 damn goals! I hate to point blame at one guy but he has to realize he's making superstar money. How is his paycheck bigger than Gaborik? How is Torts supposed to do his job when his highest paid foward and team captain has TWO friggin goals on the season? This is the problem with this team and things won't change till something is done about it. I think Torts sent a message to Sather tonight with that Drury on the point play at the end there.

Like the foolish whiners havent been doing that for sometime now. Why? Cause our brilliant GM signed the guy for ridiculous $ ? Blame the root of this evil, not the guy who was smart enough to take it while he could.

And I don't think for a second Drury is just sitting back laughing counting every penny, if you think so its cause it must help you sleep better at night.

Old
12-13-2009, 12:12 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banks3rdLineCenter View Post
This is Drury's ranking as a "clutch scorer" on CBS's site:

Clutch Scorer

Old
12-13-2009, 12:17 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
I think the message being sent was that Kotalik is a ****ing loser, considering he was typically horrendous in this game.

Let's review the common points:

-The amount of money Drury makes doesn't change the player he is. He's the same player.

-Drury scores when playing with better offensive players. You put him with a good playmaker, he'll get some goals. You put him with grinders, he's not going to score much.

-It's Sather's fault for paying Drury, a great role player, superstar money.

-It's Sather's fault for not putting Drury in a position to succeed, much as he's done for Callahan, Anisimov, Avery, Higgins, etc.
No excuses for anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drury is making $8 million in salary this season.

2 goals for $8 million

He has zero excuses.

Old
12-13-2009, 12:22 PM
rangerfan_79

Send a message via Yahoo to rangerfan_79
It's a shame that a player being paid 7 mill a year can not stick handle or shoot and skates like he is in quick sand.

Even worse is the fact that our GM gave him the contract.

Our only hope is tortarella get's on him enough to produce enough to get at least half the value of his contract

or

gets him to waive his no move clause.

Rangers will probably never win having a 4th liner making 7 mil. Anyone that thinks Drury is playing even at 3rd line abilities right now has not been watching the games.

Old
12-13-2009, 12:23 PM
EmDeeZee4MVP

I can honestly see the Rangers buying him out during the off season to clear a bit of cap space, considering they can't move Roszival or Redden before that. He's taking up a slot that another superstar should be occupying. He has very limited offensive skill. I mean, when was the last time you recall him making a brilliant pass? Or hitting top shelf? All he does is take slap shots. He's so one-dimensional!

Old
12-13-2009, 12:39 PM
czechmate25

Threads like this always make me think back to July '07 when there were "some" fans that couldn't wait for the "future" of the Rangers to begin. Remember how great it was going to be when NYR went from a one dimensional "jagr team" to the north/south speed game built on "clutch" leadership?

It's a good thing we let Jags walk to make room for the future in Blomez and dreary. That experiment has worked out so well!

Old
12-13-2009, 12:41 PM
Scooter17

Sather should be the one getting called out, not Drury

Old
12-13-2009, 12:43 PM
Scooter17

unforturnately Dolan is the only one within the team that can get away with that

Old
12-13-2009, 02:32 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Drury better watch out, with an assist last night Brodeur is only 8 points behind him

Old
12-13-2009, 02:36 PM
pwoz

Drury had 37 goals the year before Slats signed him. Most of them were garbage goals, but hey, 7 seconds, remember?

Drury is on pace for what, 5 goals?!? For a seven million dollar cap hit!?! Run his arse out of town!

Old
12-13-2009, 02:41 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
The coach called him out tonight and I think it's about time for the fans to do the same. We jump all over Rozsival, Malik, Poti but let this guy come in here and collect 22 million + and he has 2 damn goals! I hate to point blame at one guy but he has to realize he's making superstar money. How is his paycheck bigger than Gaborik? How is Torts supposed to do his job when his highest paid foward and team captain has TWO friggin goals on the season? This is the problem with this team and things won't change till something is done about it. I think Torts sent a message to Sather tonight with that Drury on the point play at the end there.
I'm with sting that the message was for Kotalik. I hope to god he's in the press box monday, even if Voros is in his place.

You also have got to be living under a rock if you think fans haven't been on Drury, they just haven't been on him in such an ignorant way as booing him out of town. I'll never understand booing a player on your own team, especially when they've got a lot of positive things about their game (Malik's poise, Poti's offensive skillset, Rozsival...welll...Roszy has some good games, and if he was making a little less money no one would be saying a word.) So no, we shouldn't get on Drury like we get on those guys, we should jsut stop getting on players like that.

Old
12-13-2009, 02:42 PM
RangerFan10

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwoz View Post
Drury had 37 goals the year before Slats signed him. Most of them were garbage goals, but hey, 7 seconds, remember?

Drury is on pace for what, 5 goals?!? For a seven million dollar cap hit!?! Run his arse out of town!
they all look the same on the scoresheet. Put him in a position to score some garbage goals here.

I still don't understand why Drury has not had a chance to center Prospal and Gaborik.

Old
12-13-2009, 02:44 PM
RangerFan10

Quote:
Originally Posted by czechmate25 View Post
Threads like this always make me think back to July '07 when there were "some" fans that couldn't wait for the "future" of the Rangers to begin. Remember how great it was going to be when NYR went from a one dimensional "jagr team" to the north/south speed game built on "clutch" leadership?

It's a good thing we let Jags walk to make room for the future in Blomez and dreary. That experiment has worked out so well!
Give me a break, if Jagr was here we'd still resemble the Czech National team and he'd still only be potting 25 goals a year. Good riddance.

Old
12-13-2009, 02:46 PM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

Drury is the worst value in hockey. period.

Old
12-13-2009, 02:53 PM
D713B

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaRanger View Post
Whats going on with Chris Drury doesn't seem to be JUST Drury. Outside of Gaborik, nobody is scoring goals.
This is a very valid point but no one else is wearing a 'C' on their chest and cashing a $7MM paycheck. You couldn't put a bigger bulls eye on his back than the one he already has.

Closed Thread