HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Kings v. Stars: Post Game DID WE WIN AGAIN?? POST GAME THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Old
12-13-2009, 01:05 PM
redcard

vCash: 500
My favorite part of the whole game?

"Hi I'm Teddy Purcell, this is my dad Ted, and this is his mustache"

redcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2009, 01:35 PM
not tellin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Let's not start sucking each others dicks just yet. I'm happy they're in first but a lot of hockey is left to be played.
feelsgoodman.jpg

not tellin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2009, 01:37 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Irreverent View Post
Seriously. People need to ****ing chill. Remember how excited people were when Kopitar was leading the league in points? That didn't last very long did it? There's lots of hockey left and the Kings still have a lot to prove.
Your a bigger buzz kill than Buzz Killington.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2009, 02:46 PM
KingsRule

Send a message via AIM to KingsRule
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLang View Post
Strangely enough...you won't get the odds I got back in August today!!

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=671270
i put 20 bucks on them at 45:1 odds. That payout will more than cover the kings tattoo ill be getting when they win it!

KingsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2009, 03:45 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
You and Mr. Irreverent should consider going steady....
Remember when the Kings had one of the hottest top lines and one of the best records going into the Olympic break a few years ago?

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2009, 03:45 PM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Let's not start sucking each others dicks just yet. I'm happy they're in first but a lot of hockey is left to be played.
Agreed. Lets not go all Blackhawks fans on everybody. We're gonna lose again eventually.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2009, 04:40 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Remember when the Kings had one of the hottest top lines and one of the best records going into the Olympic break a few years ago?
Unfortunatly I agree with Reaper here. To draw more comparaisons, we had a stupidly good December record that year, and our goalie was redhot, being named Goalie(or Defensive cant remember which it was at the time) of the Month for Dec.

Holden Caulfield is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2009, 04:56 PM
Scrivezina
AMart Jazz Hands!!!

Quote:
So the message is to not enjoy the wins and we're going to start losing again soon since we lost a few years ago. This is the 3rd best start for the team since the 70's.

You can't enjoy that...really?

Please don't tell me you work for the suicide hotline.

Scrivezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2009, 04:57 PM
TonySCV
One More Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
had a stupidly good December record that year
9-5-1 was the Kings record in December 2005. They started off the month going 3-4-0 and then finished 6-1-1. 5 home games (3-2-0), 10 road games (6-3-1).

I'm all for having perspective... but there's nothing wrong with allowing yourself to celebrate the fact that they are doing well now. We all know it may not last, but tempering your enthusiasm just because of what may happen down the road is just silly. Enjoy it!

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2009, 05:05 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty View Post
So the message is to not enjoy the wins and we're going to start losing again soon since we lost a few years ago. This is the 3rd best start for the team since the 70's.

You can't enjoy that...really?

Please don't tell me you work for the suicide hotline.
For pete's sake, enjoy it! Just know that you're on the clock.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2009, 05:16 PM
Scrivezina
AMart Jazz Hands!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
For pete's sake, enjoy it! Just know that you're on the clock.
Agreed.

Scrivezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2009, 06:58 PM
FrozenRoyalty
HFB Partner

Frozen Royalty Audio and NHL Video: LA Kings Move Into Western Conference Lead

Frozen Royalty Audio and NHL Video: LA Kings Move Into Western Conference Lead After Win Over Dallas

FrozenRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2009, 07:22 PM
cyclones22
3 Year Window B****!

This team is defying all of my lower expectations and being a long time lurker, it prompted me to post .

As far as not getting too excited or keeping things in perspective, live for today and worry about tomorrow later. I always find it funny when people try to temper others' excitement. When your kid gets an "A" on a test, do you tell your wife not to get too excited about it because there are still plenty of tests left in the school year? Of course not, that would be silly. Think about how stupid that way of thinking is.

If the Kings flame out over the remainder of the season, my disappointment will have zero effect on yours and vice versa. So whoop it up, my fellow Kings fans. If the Kings end up doing something special this season, I know I will have enjoyed it more than the Debbie Downers who tried their hardest to keep the entire season in perspective before celebrating it or mourning it at the end.

cyclones22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2009, 07:26 PM
not tellin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclones22 View Post
This team is defying all of my lower expectations and being a long time lurker, it prompted me to post .

As far as not getting too excited or keeping things in perspective, live for today and worry about tomorrow later. I always find it funny when people try to temper others' excitement. When your kid gets an "A" on a test, do you tell your wife not to get too excited about it because there are still plenty of tests left in the school year? Of course not, that would be silly. Think about how stupid that way of thinking is.

If the Kings flame out over the remainder of the season, my disappointment will have zero effect on yours and vice versa. So whoop it up, my fellow Kings fans. If the Kings end up doing something special this season, I know I will have enjoyed it more than the Debbie Downers who tried their hardest to keep the entire season in perspective before celebrating it or mourning it at the end.
LOL, awesome post. post more, lurk less and welcome.

not tellin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2009, 07:37 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclones22 View Post

+ 1.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2009, 07:39 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Quote:
Originally Posted by not tellin View Post
LOL, awesome post. post more, lurk less and welcome.
Indeed, quality post.

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2009, 10:30 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
9-5-1 was the Kings record in December 2005. They started off the month going 3-4-0 and then finished 6-1-1. 5 home games (3-2-0), 10 road games (6-3-1).

I'm all for having perspective... but there's nothing wrong with allowing yourself to celebrate the fact that they are doing well now. We all know it may not last, but tempering your enthusiasm just because of what may happen down the road is just silly. Enjoy it!
My bad. I just remember Garon's dominance that month I guess. Man I thought he would really be a good one for us. I still think he was given the short end of the stick here, very streaky but talented goalie, IMO. Great 1B goalie I think. I know he has mostly flamed out now.

Don't get me wrong, I am having a great time being in first. After the years of losing, I love seeing the Kings ahead of my friends teams in Vancouver, Calgary, Ottawa, DETROIT!!!!. But let's not get too far ahead of ourselves, I would still be happy with an 8th place finish. I just want some playoff hockey. I think the point is people should not be expecting the Kings to retain the first spot in the Conference.

Holden Caulfield is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2009, 10:36 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
I do. Very well.

Different team.

Different time.

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2009, 11:13 PM
Martyros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
I do. Very well.

Different team.

Different time.
not to mention, our depth seems much stronger.......we no longer have to count on Armstrong to Center our second line, and our goalie CAN keep us in the game like he's done a few times this season.

Martyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 01:00 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Remember when Bobby Boucher showed up at halftime of the Bourbon Bowl and the Muddogs won the game?

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote