HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Drury Has 2 Friggin Goals - ONE Goal in last 26 Games

Closed Thread

Old
12-13-2009, 04:11 PM
Mjollnir9*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
Give me a break, if Jagr was here we'd still resemble the Czech National team and he'd still only be potting 25 goals a year. Good riddance.
WOW, dude... Let me first respond to your intelligent query as to why Drury has not been put on the top line between Gabby and Vinny. Are you Effing serious!? This whole post is about Drury basically being one of the least skilled and productive member of this "team". He can't skate, he can't pass, he can't do much of anything at this point... WHY would you compromise the one line we have that can score by having this washed-up loser Center it? NOW, as for Jagr... You are an Idiot. I have read these boards and posted when I feel like it, and have never said that about/to anyone. However, you sir, are an Idiot! Jagr NOW would be better than anyone on this roster not named Gaborik. Let's do this: At 7 mil per year, would you rather have Chris Drury or Jaromir Jagr? Now, let's do this: Can you imagine if we kept Jagr at that price and never signed Drury? We would have 2 legit superstars , and 2 lines for other teams to worry about. Jagr> 90% of NHLers right now.

Old
12-13-2009, 04:24 PM
Ranger Angst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake and Bake View Post
Chris Drury sucks.

But dont worry guys, its just a slow start...right?

I would love to revisit some of those threads from a few weeks ago.

Also, Ryan Callhan now has 3x as many goals as Chris Drury. 6...2
It's hard to find your legs .

Old
12-13-2009, 04:31 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjollnir9 View Post
WOW, dude... Let me first respond to your intelligent query as to why Drury has not been put on the top line between Gabby and Vinny. Are you Effing serious!? This whole post is about Drury basically being one of the least skilled and productive member of this "team". He can't skate, he can't pass, he can't do much of anything at this point... WHY would you compromise the one line we have that can score by having this washed-up loser Center it? NOW, as for Jagr... You are an Idiot. I have read these boards and posted when I feel like it, and have never said that about/to anyone. However, you sir, are an Idiot! Jagr NOW would be better than anyone on this roster not named Gaborik. Let's do this: At 7 mil per year, would you rather have Chris Drury or Jaromir Jagr? Now, let's do this: Can you imagine if we kept Jagr at that price and never signed Drury? We would have 2 legit superstars , and 2 lines for other teams to worry about. Jagr> 90% of NHLers right now.
I'd obviously rather have Jagr than Drury.

If Enver Lisin get a shot at playing with Prospal and Gaborik, Drury should have his shot. Nearly every forward not named Boyle, Brashear, or Voros has had their shot on the 1st line. I feel like Drury hasn't had a shift with them. If you can't see that Drury doesn't have the potential to pot 30 goals if he's put in the right situation you're being horribly naive.

Jagr's better than 90% of the NHL right now and I'm the idiot....lol, I mean, I count 2 or 3 idiots over the course of about five sentences in your post so let me repeat. You are an idiot...Jagr better than 90% of the NHL!? you sir are an idiot. Now I feel better.

In a perfect world we don't resign Jagr OR sign Drury. Jagr's time here was done. There's too many what if's to take in to account to say we'd even have Gaborik if we kept Jagr. Hell, we'd probably all be whining about still having Nylander, Jagr, and Straka to ridiculous contracts.

Old
12-13-2009, 04:45 PM
eco's bones

Hate to say it but the real 'Captain Clutch' in the eastern conference is Jamie Langenbrunner.

Old
12-13-2009, 04:56 PM
reddog737

send drury to the minors, worst signing in the history of the nhl, fire sather too, how does he still have a job? he was never a good gm, he was the coach of one of the greatest teams in history, he was at the right place at the right time, and he is still living off that .

Old
12-13-2009, 05:01 PM
pwoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddog737 View Post
send drury to the minors, worst signing in the history of the nhl, fire sather too, how does he still have a job? he was never a good gm, he was the coach of one of the greatest teams in history, he was at the right place at the right time, and he is still living off that .
Drury has a full NMC. He cannot be traded or waived without agreeing to it. Our only hope is LTIR. We're all thinking it.

Old
12-13-2009, 05:29 PM
McDonaghisGod
Oh, the pain!

Certain athletes experience a steep rate of decline when they get on the wrong side of 30. Unfortunately for us, the Rangers love signing these guys.

Old
12-13-2009, 05:45 PM
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter17 View Post
Sather should be the one getting called out, not Drury
well said

Old
12-13-2009, 07:13 PM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
I find it hilarious how all the hate comes out with no logic.

OMG DRURY ISIN'T SCORING!!!
a durr he's been out with an concussion,actually scored goals befor that and on top of that his linemates are all grinders,not a single one of avery,callahan,kotalik or brashear and make a pass to save their lives

Who are people kidding when they actually think drury is going to put up anything with grinders on his line?

"Dawes has more goals and points"
Dawes plays with jarome iginla occasionally every few games and plays on the calgary PP oh and he didn't get blindsided and sat out 2 weeks,guess you "forgot" to mention that huh?

People just hate his contract and find things to hide behind to not show that hatred when infact sather should be the one who should be hated (hated MORE to be exact)

Lets look at the "higher goalscorers"

Gaborik - superstar
kotalik - plays on every PP we get /w gaborik
callahan - see kotalik /w gaborik
del zotto - see kotalik /w gaborik

DOES ANYONE SEE A PATTERN?

Old
12-13-2009, 07:23 PM
NY Ranger86

Wait a minute...

I'm confused.

Old
12-13-2009, 07:48 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

It's sad to see how quickly this guy's skill has diminished. And please no one predicted anything like this when he was first signed. If he continued to do what he did up in buffalo no one's complaining about the contract.

Old
12-13-2009, 08:00 PM
Mjollnir9*

Quote:
I'd obviously rather have Jagr than Drury.

If Enver Lisin get a shot at playing with Prospal and Gaborik, Drury should have his shot. Nearly every forward not named Boyle, Brashear, or Voros has had their shot on the 1st line. I feel like Drury hasn't had a shift with them. If you can't see that Drury doesn't have the potential to pot 30 goals if he's put in the right situation you're being horribly naive.

Jagr's better than 90% of the NHL right now and I'm the idiot....lol, I mean, I count 2 or 3 idiots over the course of about five sentences in your post so let me repeat. You are an idiot...Jagr better than 90% of the NHL!? you sir are an idiot. Now I feel better.

In a perfect world we don't resign Jagr OR sign Drury. Jagr's time here was done. There's too many what if's to take in to account to say we'd even have Gaborik if we kept Jagr. Hell, we'd probably all be whining about still having Nylander, Jagr, and Straka to ridiculous contracts.
For the record, I said "īdiot"2 times, and still stand by it. What kind of potential situations are neccessary for Drury to score 30 goals at this point? 27 empty netters, and a few ok shots? Yeah, he has done it before, but this Drury is a shell of his former self. He will not crack 10 goals this campaign. NOw, for Jagr. YES, he is better than 90% of the NHL right now! There are over 600 players in the league. By my calculations, that would mean 60 or so players are better than Jagr in the NHL right now, and that Jaromir Jagr is better right now than about 500 guys. Of course that is all skaters, goalies and Dmen included. I sure would like to see that list of 60 or so players better than Jagr.

Old
12-13-2009, 08:11 PM
Escudero

Send a message via AIM to Escudero
nonsense. Don't thank god, thank Jagr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeHockeyFan View Post
Thank God Jagr was able to carry the team on his back a few seasons and make the team enjoyable to deal with.

Old
12-13-2009, 08:42 PM
OverTheCap

Quote:
Give me a break, if Jagr was here we'd still resemble the Czech National team and he'd still only be potting 25 goals a year. Good riddance.
This team still DOES resemble the Czech National team, even without Jagr... Kotalik, Rozsival, and Prospal.

Give me Jagr and his 25 goals over any forward on this team (sans Gaborik) on any day of the week. You say "good riddance" as if those 25 goals were a bad thing, when no one on this team outside of Gaborik will come close to reaching that.

Old
12-13-2009, 08:45 PM
LamoTheKid

Its such a ******** argument to give Drury a pass and blame Sather.

Sather deserves plenty of blame for these horrible contracts, but ive said it before and ill say it again, the players are sill half to blame for taking that money and disappearing. Not fully, but I'm sick of them getting a pass for dogging it and Sather being the only one who absorbs blame.

Im not defending Sather, at all, before anyone comes in here white knighting our big 3 contracts, so you can stop with that BS before it even starts.

Old
12-13-2009, 09:14 PM
RangerBlueJay*

Intangibles people, intangibles!
I guess I CAN compare him to Blair Betts now can't I lol.

Old
12-13-2009, 11:03 PM
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOWRanger View Post
I find it hilarious how all the hate comes out with no logic.

OMG DRURY ISIN'T SCORING!!!

DOES ANYONE SEE A PATTERN?
It's not really hate. I think Drury is an okay guy, he doesn't maim women or children.

Over the last two years, prior to this season, I saw Drury doing some pretty good stuff. He was busy around the net. Notice that it didn't really have anything to do with him being on a line with a playmaker specifically. He just seemed to get in there and do the right thing, push things and get results. His skill always showed up when it came to finding the puck and getting it into the net.

To hear the theory that he is the player he always was makes me wonder what some folks think they are seeing. He used to be a very productive player because he made things happen. I do not agree at all with that he is just a mop-up guy who only ever made good when playing with someone who created the chances.

Drury used to cause stuff to happen. I rarely see that from him now.

Old
12-13-2009, 11:12 PM
RangerFan10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeetchisGod View Post
Certain athletes experience a steep rate of decline when they get on the wrong side of 30. Unfortunately for us, the Rangers love signing these guys.
I'm not saying he isn't and hasn't declined, but don't you have to take in to account who he's played with in the past versus who he's been with since he got to NY? He put up some decent numbers when he had Shanahan and Avery considering he was adjusting to a completely new system. He's only had 10-12 less points than his best years in his two years with NY, so I think it's also a matter of we just flatout messed up with the salary he's been given, he's been playing to his career averages, and then this team is just garbage and he's had a rough year.

Old
12-13-2009, 11:17 PM
RangerFan10

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
This team still DOES resemble the Czech National team, even without Jagr... Kotalik, Rozsival, and Prospal.

Give me Jagr and his 25 goals over any forward on this team (sans Gaborik) on any day of the week. You say "good riddance" as if those 25 goals were a bad thing, when no one on this team outside of Gaborik will come close to reaching that.
Good riddance to paying Jagr the money he wanted for the production he put up in his contract year. Two wrongs don't make a right, and just because Jagr would be better than anyone on this team right now, doesn't mean it was the right move to try and keep him here. We keep him, we'd be stuck with Nylander and Straka until they were ready to check in to the retirement home as well.

The fact that Kotalik and Prospal are czech's are just coincidence, while whenever we signed a Czech in the past it was in part to try and accommodate King Jagr.

And that ties in to the argument I made that we need to get away from the Russian style of play Jagr brings to the table. Prospal may be a Czech but he plays like a North American. Much more uptempo, north-south play rather than diddling around with the puck.

Old
12-13-2009, 11:32 PM
OrbitalDynamics

vCash: 50
Why is giving Drury a chance centering the Gaborik line greeted by such derision? Has anything else worked this year? Are we tinkering with a winning formula here?

Are we fixing something that isn't broken? Are we breaking something that needs fixing?

We've seen Lisin, Avery and Higgins out there with Gaborik, why is the idea of Drury centering Gaborik and Higgins such an unspeakable travesty?

We've got nothing going, what the hell else have we got to lose?

People are moist for college kids who might turn out to be serviceable NHL players, penciling them onto lines with other prospects and advocating tanking to get a good draft pick who will as the Savior Du Jour save the franchise from mediocrity.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Drury fan by any stretch, but if a guy has success earlier in his career playing with top players does it not make sense to at least try him on a line with top flight players?

Really, at this point what else is there to try?

Old
12-13-2009, 11:53 PM
trilobyte

Orbital - I don't disagree with your premise. There is probably nothing to lose by putting Drury there on the top line.

My other view is that if I was a betting man, I would say there is nothing really to gain. Would I ever love to be proven wrong, but I see Drury as not much of a force at all these days.

I actually would really really like to see the captainship given to another player. I'm not up on how this could be done mid-season, but Chris maybe feels too much weight by being captain?
I just don't get how he could be so much less a player than he used to be, so quickly. He was inconsequential before the last concussion, so it's not that.

I want him to contribute, or be gone, however hard that might be to accomplish.

Old
12-13-2009, 11:54 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalDynamics View Post
Why is giving Drury a chance centering the Gaborik line greeted by such derision? Has anything else worked this year? Are we tinkering with a winning formula here?

Are we fixing something that isn't broken? Are we breaking something that needs fixing?

We've seen Lisin, Avery and Higgins out there with Gaborik, why is the idea of Drury centering Gaborik and Higgins such an unspeakable travesty?

We've got nothing going, what the hell else have we got to lose?

People are moist for college kids who might turn out to be serviceable NHL players, penciling them onto lines with other prospects and advocating tanking to get a good draft pick who will as the Savior Du Jour save the franchise from mediocrity.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Drury fan by any stretch, but if a guy has success earlier in his career playing with top players does it not make sense to at least try him on a line with top flight players?

Really, at this point what else is there to try?
Seems to me you'd be better off asking Tortorella that than anybody here. Why doesn't Tortorella put all his eggs in one basket since there's only one basket to put them in anyway? Personally I'm thinking it wouldn't jump start him at all. That he's having a hard enough time keeping up with the other non talents. That more likely Torts hasn't doesn't it because he's afraid he'll wreck the one line he has that is going well.

Which pretty much leaves us all waiting for the college guys.

Old
12-14-2009, 12:11 AM
OrbitalDynamics

vCash: 50
Again, what have we got to lose?

The fourth line opened the game last night.The fourth line fer cryin' out loud.

I don't think it will rejuvenate his game either, but a drowning man will grasp even the point of a sword if offered.

Let's not kid ourselves, we're drowning here.Tank avatars,fire sales and waiting for that next draft pick savior to hurtle down from the heavens and rescue us.

Old
12-14-2009, 12:15 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

All I gotta say about Drury

Old
12-14-2009, 12:35 AM
McDonaghisGod
Oh, the pain!

Quote: