HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade winds following Flyers

Closed Thread

Old
12-13-2009, 07:01 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Let's be real for a second. The Sharks are not going to let Nabokov walk.
Walk for a goal scoring center.

I mean he hasnt shown up this year as compared to last, but the Sharks know what he is capable of.

And with Marleau a UFA as well, the Sharks will have a bunch of problems resigning both if they decide to do so.

Old
12-13-2009, 07:14 PM
Slowbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 View Post

I mean he hasnt shown up this year as compared to last, but the Sharks know what he is capable of.

And with Marleau a UFA as well, the Sharks will have a bunch of problems resigning both if they decide to do so.

Old
12-13-2009, 07:15 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:

The Sharks trade one of their 3+ mill salaries before losing Nabakov or Marleau.

Seriousy, it isnt happening.

Old
12-13-2009, 07:18 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
The Sharks trade one of their 3+ mill salaries before losing Nabakov or Marleau.

That's why trading players to get Turco, Neal and Eriksson is worth it.

Old
12-13-2009, 07:29 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
That's why trading players to get Turco, Neal and Eriksson is worth it.
Why in the WORLD would I want Marty Turco?

Any why would the Stars part with Neal AND Eriksson? Eriksson is due over $4 next season. OVER 4!!! How do WE fit him under the cap?

EDIT:

Old
12-13-2009, 07:40 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:

Any why would the Stars part with Neal AND Eriksson? Eriksson is due over $4 next season. OVER 4!!! How do WE fit him under the cap?

EDIT:
Because to be honest, I probably have more faith in Neal and Eriksson. Maybe just Neal? That's why I could suggest something I said earlier:

Carter
Coburn
Emery

for

Turco
Neal
Niskanen

Turco hasn't had a bad season, but he could be very good for us and if he is, he could be re-signed for maybe 3 or 4 million next season and be our number 1. Just ideas.

Old
12-13-2009, 07:44 PM
goal1228

would the flyers be interested in roloson??

Old
12-13-2009, 07:46 PM
Mike Richards 18

say no to ROLO

Old
12-13-2009, 07:51 PM
mercury

Quote:
Because to be honest, I probably have more faith in Neal and Eriksson. Maybe just Neal? That's why I could suggest something I said earlier:

Carter
Coburn
Emery

for

Turco
Neal
Niskanen

Turco hasn't had a bad season, but he could be very good for us and if he is, he could be re-signed for maybe 3 or 4 million next season and be our number 1. Just ideas.

I don't really like that package. We're giving up a lot there.

Old
12-13-2009, 07:57 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:

EDIT:
Because whether you want to believe it or not. Turco is better than Emery.

With Neal and Eriksson, we could do some SERIOUS scoring damage. Eriksson wont make over 4. Trust me.

Old
12-13-2009, 08:00 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

vCash: 470
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Can I just ask honestly why people want to trade the teams best offensive player (Carter)? He leads the team in points, is still getting better, and is having a good season. He'll probably still wind up with PPG numbers or close to it even with his "slow" start.

Old
12-13-2009, 08:28 PM
Larry44

Quote:

Carter
Coburn
Emery

for

Turco
Neal
Niskanen

Well, if you're trying to make the worst trade in NHL history, you're getting closer.

Old
12-13-2009, 08:47 PM
Gert B Frobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
The franchise should stand pat and not do anything just yet. They just replaced the coach and it's going to take about ten games for Laviolette's system to be fully implemented. The last thing Holmgren or anyone needs to do is start panicking and making deals just for the sake of making deals. Let Laviolette have a chance to get his system in place, see who he thinks will be or won't be a good fit, and then go from there. A couple of wins a row should quell all this talk. It's like someone said, two wins and this team is back in the thick of things. No sense in making any blockbuster deals when it's just two wins back.
I have a feeling that the Flyers are going to go up to Boston and lose a close one.

Then they'll go to Pittsburgh on Tuesday where they will get absolutely smoked - no way they can go there and give up any less than 5 goals the way they are playing.

So Thursday they'll be pissed from all the losses and the new coach screaming at them and they'll come out and do something extremely stupid and blow the game.

Saturday they're home against the Rags - this will probably be the next time they win.

It this plays out the way I think it will - one of our better players (Carter, Coburn, Hartnell, Briere) will be gone.

Just trying to stay positive.

Old
12-13-2009, 10:30 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Because whether you want to believe it or not. Turco is better than Emery.

With Neal and Eriksson, we could do some SERIOUS scoring damage. Eriksson wont make over 4. Trust me.
No, Eriksson signed a 6 year deal with the Stars months ago with an average cap hit of $4,266,667.

You should really lose you threadmaking AND postmaking abilities.

If you didn't read my post, I mentioned that Eriksson was due over $4 next year, not because I was guessing, but because I knew it was over $4 and I didn't feel like looking it up.

pikachu = lately

Quote:

Carter
Coburn
Emery

for

Turco
Neal
Niskanen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
Well, if you're trying to make the worst trade in NHL history, you're getting closer.
Thank you that you responded first, this trade is ****ing BRUTAL for us.

Why dont we trade Richards for a bunch of 40pt players and see how that works out?

This board is full of FAIL lately. Everyone wants Carter's head because he is not playing well (like most of the team) then he has a few games under the new coach and he is playing with much more heart and most of the haters are now all over him.

You guys realize that if we acquire these guys and play them on the 3rd line, they cant possibly produce at the same clip? We dont need quantity. Quantity kills the cap. We need quality. Carter is quality.

How about we keep Carter and the Stars keep their grossly overpaid 34-year old goalie who we could sign in FA if we really wanted him. Turco is a has been.

Old
12-14-2009, 12:02 AM
ugiswrong

What gets me is that everyone would trade Carter over Richards when Richards is a more serious concern long-term (style of play wearing him down too early, streaky scorer, questionable leadership, no-look passes, horrible line chemistry at times, too much money too young)

But it's taboo here to say that Richards could be overvalued, and, that he might have a horrible contract.

His NMC kicks in in 2012.

Old
12-14-2009, 12:12 AM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

vCash: 50
Quote:

I will be shocked if Clowe is in SJ beyond July 1st.

Old
12-14-2009, 12:13 AM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugiswrong View Post
What gets me is that everyone would trade Carter over Richards when Richards is a more serious concern long-term (style of play wearing him down too early, streaky scorer, questionable leadership, no-look passes, horrible line chemistry at times, too much money too young)

But it's taboo here to say that Richards could be overvalued, and, that he might have a horrible contract.

LOL wut

Old
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:
No, Eriksson signed a 6 year deal with the Stars months ago with an average cap hit of $4,266,667.

You should really lose you threadmaking AND postmaking abilities.

If you didn't read my post, I mentioned that Eriksson was due over $4 next year, not because I was guessing, but because I knew it was over $4 and I didn't feel like looking it up.

pikachu = lately

You wouldnt take a 36 goal scorer for 4 mil?

The guy is signed for a good contract for his production.

Old
six sigma
Thank you Kimmo

Quote:
This same team started 12-5-1, we dont need to BLOW IT UP.
I'm still on this train of thought. Do we really have to call for radical roster changes every time the team hits a skid?

Just let the team learn to play together under the new bench boss for ****sake. They simply can't score even when playing well lately, but that isn't going to last. And, there's nothing I hate more than the idea of the team making trades just because they are desperate to "change something".

Old
12-14-2009, 12:19 AM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

I am not saying blow this team up by any means but clearly something isnt right.
I think a shakeup trade is probably more in order.
Because I dont think we can go down this road for much longer where we have the "talent is there and it will come together menality".
I dont want to hear it worked for the Pens either. totally differant situation.

Old
12-14-2009, 12:23 AM
flountown

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugiswrong View Post

But this would look awful for the organization as they have decided to make Richards the face of the organization. As much as people say Richards AND Carter, for all intents and purposes, it really boils down to just Richards being THE guy they want leading the Flyers for the next decade.

And for the record, in previous posts I am only suggesting trading Carter because, depending on the return, it makes the most sense. This team is full of centers and while I am willing to give Carter the chance on wing, so far he has been underwhelming in that role. Basically it boils down to how you want this team structured, 3 scoring lines or 2?

If the answer is 3 scoring lines, then we keep him and no trades are made going forward. But if, as some people really do want, you choose 2 lines with a 3rd checking line (i.e. Laperriere-Betts-Carcillo) and then a normal scrub 4th line with some energy guys who can play 6-7 minutes a night and be effective in a 2nd/3rd line capacity if injuries/penalties require them to do so, then you realistically need to choose between Richards, Giroux, and Carter.

I, as I stated earlier would rather see Carter go in order to bring back a scoring winger as Carter is a guy who needs the puck from one end of the ice to the other to score. He doesn't work in the traditional pass and shoot mentality that play-making centers require to be productive.

Old
12-14-2009, 12:38 AM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
There is a lot of fail in this thread. A lot of fail.

Old
12-14-2009, 12:45 AM
BerubeBox*

Quote:
pikachu = lately
Quote:
You wouldnt take a 36 goal scorer for 4 mil?

The guy is signed for a good contract for his production.
Lately??

For the record pikachu had the first three picks overall in our fantasy keeper league this season. That means the first 3 picks of the first round.

He picked:

#1 John Tavares (no-brainer)
#2 Victor Hedman

#3 ......drumroll......

Loui Eriksson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
There is a lot of fail in this thread. A lot of fail.
Even more fail than the money I lost on lots.

Old
12-14-2009, 01:01 AM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerubeBox View Post
Lately??

For the record pikachu had the first three picks overall in our fantasy keeper league this season. That means the first 3 picks of the first round.

He picked:

#1 John Tavares (no-brainer)
#2 Victor Hedman

#3 ......drumroll......

Loui Eriksson
To be fair, after tonight you are behind that team in the standings.

Old
12-14-2009, 01:10 AM
BerubeBox*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
To be fair, after tonight you are behind that team in the standings.
Wait until February, when I get to lay my own 44-point shellacking on Team Loser*cough*Opus

Closed Thread