HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

We need to trade for more offense

Closed Thread

Old
12-14-2009, 07:50 AM
BerubeBox*

vCash: 500
We need to trade for more offense

STOP SAYING THIS! It's the worst thing I've heard this year. That a few posters are saying it here and there, that's fine, but now there's media saying it? JESUS CHRIST!

Our roster is STACKED. It's full of youth and experience and talent. It doesn't need tweeking, or an overhaul, or shoring up, it needs ... I don't know what it needs, but it's not new faces. It needs to be left alone.

We need more offense as much as we need a new arena to play in.

We have ****LOADS of offensive ability. None of it is producing right now for some reason, but it'll come back. It's a mathematical certainty. For the love of god, STOP suggesting we try to get another scorer. We have so many of them.

Old
12-14-2009, 07:53 AM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

vCash: 0
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
I think we just need something to kick start this offense. Briere, Carter, Richards, Giroux, Hartnell, JVR, Gagne and others can all score goals, they just aren't.

Old
12-14-2009, 08:53 AM
flyguy
PetSoundsAvatar

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to flyguy
People pushing that panic button into the ground...

Old
12-14-2009, 09:50 AM
Kaktus*

We will get Gagne back in about 2-4 days from now... Betts is also almost ready to go.. Lets just play some good organized, disciplined, hard nosed hockey...

Old
12-14-2009, 11:31 AM
Cinerary
The Inexorable

The worst thing we could do right now is make a trade for the sake of making a trade.

Old
12-14-2009, 11:41 AM
coda

...well, we need more offense, and while we are stacked, they are not producing, a trade might shake things up enough to get things going...so trading for offense isnt far from the (possible) truth...

Old
12-14-2009, 11:42 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Well this amazing offense better do something fast then, cause as much as I like to lose 2-0, 3-0, 4-1, etc etc, thats not going to get us into playoffs. Can I wait it out? Sure... but going into playoffs you need every win possible, and right now we are 28th in the league so hopefully we can start winning games again.

Old
12-14-2009, 11:58 AM
ELab2

unless they turn it around quick they need to add and subtract. I could see a trade of one of our more productive players going for a less productive player if Holmgren thinks it'll push the team in the right direction, so adding production based on net points certainly isn't necessary

Old
12-14-2009, 12:05 PM
Hubey1327

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerubeBox View Post
STOP SAYING THIS! It's the worst thing I've heard this year. That a few posters are saying it here and there, that's fine, but now there's media saying it? JESUS CHRIST!

Our roster is STACKED. It's full of youth and experience and talent. It doesn't need tweeking, or an overhaul, or shoring up, it needs ... I don't know what it needs, but it's not new faces. It needs to be left alone.

We need more offense as much as we need a new arena to play in.

We have ****LOADS of offensive ability. None of it is producing right now for some reason, but it'll come back. It's a mathematical certainty. For the love of god, STOP suggesting we try to get another scorer. We have so many of them.
midol....just sayin

Closed Thread