HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

#32 - 12.14.09 | Atlanta Thrashers @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG (HD)

Old
12-14-2009, 01:46 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
The Garden is going to get quite ugly if the Rangers lose this one.

If we come away from this 3 game week with 2 or less points, I expect BIG changes.
I fail to see the big changes this team can make.

12-14-2009, 01:56 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
The Garden is going to get quite ugly if the Rangers lose this one.

If we come away from this 3 game week with 2 or less points, I expect BIG changes.
big ?

well then expect the following earth shaking changes

1. beer sent down

2. gilroy called up

3. byers recalled

4. voros scratched

5. lisin scratched

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 01:57 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Dubi will dress, new lines... http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/rangerrants/

Quote:
OK, so maybe I’m not 100 percent sure Brandon Dubinsky will be in the lineup tonight against the Thrashers. Maybe I should hold out some sliver that his hand will be too sore for him to play. But everything I saw at this morning’s skate indicates Dubinsky will make his return tonight after a broken right hand suffered at Calgary on Nov. 7 kept him out of the previous 13 games.

Dubinsky participated in the morning skate wearing his hard cast and a final, official decision is coming closer to game time. But Dubinsky will participate in the warmups and it would be a huge shock at this point if he didn’t play. Coach John Tortorella said he wasn’t sure about his lines yet but here’s what it’s looking like if Dubinsky does play:

Christopher Higgins-Brandon Dubinsky-Marian Gaborik
Vinny Prospal-Chris Drury-Ryan Callahan
Sean Avery-Artem Anisimov-Ales Kotalik
Donald Brashear-Brian Boyle-Enver Lisin

Marc Staal-Michal Rozsival
Michael Del Zotto-Dan Girardi
Wade Redden-Ilkka Heikkinen

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 02:09 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Exactly they can't even make minor changes as of now with the current cap situation. Like carry a 7th D-man...

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 02:23 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoFFeN View Post
stupid.

kotalik continues to play 3rd line minutes.

drury getting 2nd line minutes.

lisin on the 4th line

Old
12-14-2009, 02:25 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
It's the same nonsense as Sather getting fired by Dolan if the Rangers lose a few more games.

How many trades have been made in the NHL this season? There is a reason for that.

Salary cap.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 02:48 PM
nyr33

I'm getting sick of the negativity...Stick to your team guys there is no reason they can't turn it around. They just played toe to toe with one of the best teams in the east

LETS GO RANGERS

nyr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 02:51 PM
theOath

I have been watching Rangers games faithfully since the 90's and after the last game I truly felt I wasted my time. I can take loosing as long as we go down fighting.

I just wonder if this current group(outside of a few players) doesn't naturally play with grit, can it be taught?

theOath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 02:52 PM
js10

hm, if Gaborik scores today, it definitely will not be from pass from Higgins. This formation will not work. Now when Dubi is back, he should have gone to the top line!!! That was clicking!!! Please tell it to that (!!!) man behind the bench.

js10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 02:55 PM
js10

also tell the coach to watch tapes from teams like Chicago and SJ, because his version of hockey really sucks

Old
12-14-2009, 02:56 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr33 View Post
I'm getting sick of the negativity...Stick to your team guys there is no reason they can't turn it around. They just played toe to toe with one of the best teams in the east

LETS GO RANGERS
have you been watching the games ?

playing "toe to toe" and losing still gets you zero points.

at this point, this team is near unwatchable not just for the expected outcome but for the consistent lack of effort.

Old
12-14-2009, 02:58 PM
ZacUSNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr33 View Post

LETS GO RANGERS
I'm not a negative guy and will cheer for the Rangers regardless of win or lose. The games do get frustrating and I can see how many people will become negative so I understand it fully.

ZacUSNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 03:04 PM
js10

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
have you been watching the games ?

playing "toe to toe" and losing still gets you zero points.

at this point, this team is near unwatchable not just for the expected outcome but for the consistent lack of effort.
well, effort is there but it is chaotic with no system whatsoever. last time I was at the MSG at the match with penguins and I saw Pens warm-ups and Rangers. I could smell huuge difference in quality..

next thing.. being outskated every single match in offense and defense.. that is lack of practice, gentlemen. go back to gym and start working out dear Rangers because your stamina is really low

Old
12-14-2009, 03:15 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by js10 View Post
well, effort is there but it is chaotic with no system whatsoever. last time I was at the MSG at the match with penguins and I saw Pens warm-ups and Rangers. I could smell huuge difference in quality..

next thing.. being outskated every single match in offense and defense.. that is lack of practice, gentlemen. go back to gym and start working out dear Rangers because your stamina is really low
These are professional athletes they are in good shape, except maybe the old guys like Brash, but most of them came to camp ready to compete except maybe Sangs he struggled. This isn't a case of practice, its a matter of competing night in and night out. They are not a competitive team even with a lead, and as soon as they fall behind you can pretty much guess the game is over because they have little fight in em. If I was in NY and actually paid to go watch them play I would be disgusted, the effort isn't there and it is sickening. Far too many guys just cashing in there checks.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 03:22 PM
Vidic15

Lisin said he watched tape of Toronto’s Niklas Hagman and Chicago’s Dustin Byfuglien, among others - and the Rangers are looking for him to utilize his speed better as well as pay better attention defensively

Hagman and Byfuglien? Those are the wrong guys to be watching.

Vidic15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 03:24 PM
Levitate

The point is that those guys go to the net, which is what Lisin needs to do. He's not skilled enough to be a perimeter player (hell he may not be skilled enough to be a go to the net player either, but he needs to try it)

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 03:32 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidic15 View Post
Lisin said he watched tape of Toronto’s Niklas Hagman and Chicago’s Dustin Byfuglien, among others - and the Rangers are looking for him to utilize his speed better as well as pay better attention defensively

Hagman and Byfuglien? Those are the wrong guys to be watching.
if your center is boyle and the other winger is brashear you got no chance.

then again, if you are playing 2 minute per period and no pp, you got no chance anyway.

Old
12-14-2009, 03:33 PM
js10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Failure By Design View Post
These are professional athletes they are in good shape, except maybe the old guys like Brash, but most of them came to camp ready to compete except maybe Sangs he struggled. This isn't a case of practice, its a matter of competing night in and night out. They are not a competitive team even with a lead, and as soon as they fall behind you can pretty much guess the game is over because they have little fight in em. If I was in NY and actually paid to go watch them play I would be disgusted, the effort isn't there and it is sickening. Far too many guys just cashing in there checks.
Exactly, they are professionals and being outskated chasing the puck every game. That is lack of power/stamina/.. to me. Instead of partying out I would advise them to work out vigorously.

Old
12-14-2009, 03:37 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
if your center is boyle and the other winger is brashear you got no chance.

then again, if you are playing 2 minute per period and no pp, you got no chance anyway.
Did the coach make these decisions by throwing darts at a dartboard, or did he base it on how he felt the player was playing/capable of playing?

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 03:39 PM
Nick00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Failure By Design View Post
The whole culture of this team is disgusting as a fan, it's as if they expect to lose every night and can't wait for the final buzzer.
They really play like there's no will to compete, like they have no faith in their teammates or the "system" (if there even is one) at all.
I'm starting to believe there are serious problems in the locker room, or maybe like most fans they've come to realize that they just don't have the tools to make a playoff run and have kind of given up.

I'm still waiting for that 5-6 game winning streak, until then I'm convinced that this team should worry more about the 2010 draft lottery than any kind of playoff aspirations.

Nick00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 03:41 PM
js10

also, have you noticed Gaborik's slump in goal scoring in past matches? why?

because he was trying to be more of a play maker.. he is goal scorer, he is supposed to get to the position and score. Prospal and other FWD should be creative and actively shuffle it in front of the net (what they did at the beginning of season). please tell to Marian and his teammates. and Torts.

Old
12-14-2009, 03:48 PM
9darter
Soft Euro

vCash: 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Did the coach make these decisions by throwing darts at a dartboard, or did he base it on how he felt the player was playing/capable of playing?
Hey, nothing wrong with throwing darts at a dartboard!
Then again, our coach is not named Phil Taylor...

9darter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 03:58 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrangers910 View Post
So.... that would make 2 thrasher fans you guys are multiplying like Jack Rabbits jk
i gotta admit, i laughed

Rhodes 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 04:08 PM
NYRangers84

I think the boys are gonna sneak out with a win finally and these new lines are going to mesh, 3-2 win. Goals from Gabby, Drury and Dubi on his return

Lets Go Rangers!!! turn this effin' streak around!

NYRangers84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 04:28 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers84 View Post
Lets Go Rangers!!! turn this effin' streak around!
Hear Hear

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote