HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chris Kreider

Old
12-14-2009, 02:34 PM
Edge
Kris King's Ghost

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by free0717 View Post
Carter Ashton? Landon Ferarro?
I'd put them right in the same category. Risks, but risks with upside.

Personally, I liked Palmieri and he's having a similar season to Kreider.

I didn't and still don't mind the pick. It's not like 2003 when we took Jessiman with some great prospects out there.

The bottom half of the 2009 draft is going to be remembered for having a bunch of guys that were pretty close. As such, you're going to have a pretty big boom or bust result.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 02:42 PM
Levitate

Yup, I look at Palmieri too and see a young guy struggling a bit to score in his freshman year, and he was probably considered more prepared for the college game than Kreider, and I'm pretty sure was a "safe" pick in that range.

It's really too early to tell who the Rangers should have picked instead of Kreider, if anyone.

BC fans seem to like Kreider quite a bit so I'm not really worried yet. If he struggles indefinitely to put the puck in the net, then you have to worry, but right now...let's see what happens at the WJC camp and whether or not he makes the team.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 02:57 PM
cmdevisser

Send a message via AIM to cmdevisser
I don't think there is any reason to panic with regard to Kreider. I have been following him closely (I haven't seen him play mind you, but I've been reading as much as I can about him) and I have yet to hear a single negative thing in terms of how he's playing.

His lack of production is not too big of a concern for a kid who graduated from high school a year early to play NCAA hockey. College hockey has always been more similar to playing in a pro league in Europe; kids tend to play on lower lines in the beginning, get little ice time, and therefore score fewer points than they would in the CHL.

I also disagree that he should have gone the Major Junior route for a really simple reason: he's young, he's close to home (not in Quebec where there would be a language barrier) and he's playing for a good team. We're talking about young kids, and I don't know if yal remember what it was like to be a 17 or 18 year old, but being comfortable is pretty important.

Be patient, the points will come.

cmdevisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 03:47 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

cant believe schroeder is on pace to score half as many points as he did last season....wow.

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 04:03 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Yup, I look at Palmieri too and see a young guy struggling a bit to score in his freshman year, and he was probably considered more prepared for the college game than Kreider, and I'm pretty sure was a "safe" pick in that range.

It's really too early to tell who the Rangers should have picked instead of Kreider, if anyone.

BC fans seem to like Kreider quite a bit so I'm not really worried yet. If he struggles indefinitely to put the puck in the net, then you have to worry, but right now...let's see what happens at the WJC camp and whether or not he makes the team.

32 21 23 44 39

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 04:04 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post

32 21 23 44 39
well, Morin slipped to the 2nd round, were not the only one who missed the boat on him.

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 04:11 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
well, Morin slipped to the 2nd round, were not the only one who missed the boat on him.
some here were saying trade down and grab the best pure sniper in the top 40.

instead we took a gamble on a high schooler with great potential.

time will tell if kreider will pan out.

atleast i can rest easy knowing i was on the jet morin bandwagon early on.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 07:04 PM
Mikos87

Chris has to long no further than his buddy and former HS teamate and current team mate in Cam Atkinson to realize how Parker plays him. His ice time will get better, as will his PP time, I personally wish he had gone the major junior route, but at least he is learning the other aspects of the game. Cam went through what Chris is going through. The only reason Phillip Samuelson is getting a lot of time under Parker is because he happens to be better than the other D in a weak set of corps.

With that said Chris's development curve is going to be slower with the limited ice time and low number of games he is playing. I really think he should have gone the Major Junior route. Parker is vastly different from a Mike Eaves, he doesn't rely on talented freshmen as much.

Mikos87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 08:53 PM
McDonaghisGod
Oh, the pain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikos87 View Post
Chris has to long no further than his buddy and former HS teamate and current team mate in Cam Atkinson to realize how Parker plays him. His ice time will get better, as will his PP time, I personally wish he had gone the major junior route, but at least he is learning the other aspects of the game. Cam went through what Chris is going through. The only reason Phillip Samuelson is getting a lot of time under Parker is because he happens to be better than the other D in a weak set of corps.

With that said Chris's development curve is going to be slower with the limited ice time and low number of games he is playing. I really think he should have gone the Major Junior route. Parker is vastly different from a Mike Eaves, he doesn't rely on talented freshmen as much.
You mean York. Parker coaches BU, my alma mater.

McDonaghisGod is offline   Reply With Quote