HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Aaron Ward on Waivers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-14-2009, 12:30 PM
  #26
OverTheCap
Registered User
 
OverTheCap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 10,041
vCash: 500
Enough with the "waive Rozy" nonsense. It's not happening. Start adjusting your expectations, it sucks but he is here for the time being.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 01:55 PM
  #27
Mint Berry Crunch
hfbrods pls...
 
Mint Berry Crunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: Pakistan
Posts: 1,962
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Mint Berry Crunch
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
Enough with the "waive Rozy" nonsense. It's not happening. Start adjusting your expectations, it sucks but he is here for the time being.
The "waive Rozy" posts don't bother me as much as the "waive Drury" posts... of all the things that are repeated the most on this forum - I'd say "DRURY CANNOT BE WAIVED DUE TO A FULL NMC" is close to the top of that list.

Mint Berry Crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 01:59 PM
  #28
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UES
Posts: 6,621
vCash: 500
Ward seemed like one of those really super annoying nerds that probably wouldn't **** on the ice or in the locker room, driving his teammates like Jagr, insane.

I remember the on-ice sound clips of him...they would have driven me nuts.

NO THANKS

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 02:01 PM
  #29
Loffen
Hadouken!
 
Loffen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Soft euro
Posts: 18,826
vCash: 500
**** Ward... Stay away, Glen.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 02:03 PM
  #30
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 32,945
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouvenirCity View Post
He's still on that idiotic contract Sather gave him post Carolina's cup. He's a $2.5M hit for the remainder of this season. Stay far, far away.
Wrong junior.

Sather gave Ward a two year contract in 2006.

How can Ward be playing on that contract?

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 02:29 PM
  #31
haohmaru
boomshakalaka
 
haohmaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fleming Island, Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 6,731
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
"Boy, every piece of garbage that comes into the league, you gotta buy it"

Do we really need a thread for every waiver wire reject?

Put it in the 'around the league' thread, or is that too mentally straining for some??
Take a look @ nhlnumbers.com and you'll see that the cast offs from the waiver wire are this salary capped team's only option. Someone out there has to be our Moulson.

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 02:37 PM
  #32
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26
 
Lion Hound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hightide85 View Post
Ward seemed like one of those really super annoying nerds that probably wouldn't **** on the ice or in the locker room, driving his teammates like Jagr, insane.

I remember the on-ice sound clips of him...they would have driven me nuts.

NO THANKS
Right, again all speculative. Nothing of substance.

They argued on the bench, but again about what? Not sure if anyone will ever have the answer there.

What if the argumwent stemmed from Ward asking the Czech posse to speak english in the locker room? That is was unhealthy for Czechs, Russians, or Swedes to speak thier respective languages where others couldn't iunderstand what they were saying?

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 03:04 PM
  #33
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..
 
offdacrossbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: da cuse
Country: Tuvalu
Posts: 9,354
vCash: 500
no thanks to ward.

prefer beer stays and plays.

why cant we waive rozy again ?

offdacrossbar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 03:07 PM
  #34
ReggieDunlop68
hey hanrahan!
 
ReggieDunlop68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 3,686
vCash: 500
People have no sense of history.

ReggieDunlop68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 03:09 PM
  #35
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 17,557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
no thanks to ward.

prefer beer stays and plays.

why cant we waive rozy again ?
Because then Sather has to admit he was wrong.

But seriously, Rozsival could be waived if they felt it was necessary. Right now it doesn't seem that the organization feels there is someone ready to step up and fill that void. Gilroy was sent down, Sangs didn't exactly get a ton of praise from Tortorella, and Sauer doesn't seem to be in Torts' favor either. Those are our 3 logical, right handed, replacements.

So until one of them shows something that would get them back up here, or Sather finds someone willing to deal a capable shutdown guy with an edge, I don't see it happening.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 03:10 PM
  #36
OverTheCap
Registered User
 
OverTheCap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 10,041
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
Right, again all speculative. Nothing of substance.

They argued on the bench, but again about what? Not sure if anyone will ever have the answer there.
I'm not sure what happened on the bench between Ward and Jagr, but Ward was benched by Renney due to poor play, and then he blamed Jagr for being benched instead of placing the blame on himself. Ward wasn't exactly a model teammate during his time with the Rangers.

Quote:
“Some people aren’t going to like you, but I don’t really care,” Jagr said. “I like everybody. This was just bad timing. I don’t make the changes. All of a sudden, he was benched one game and all of a sudden whatever happened three weeks ago is the reason. He brought it up, not me. I would never do that.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/28/sp...ers.html?fta=y

Quote:
What if the argumwent stemmed from Ward asking the Czech posse to speak english in the locker room? That is was unhealthy for Czechs, Russians, or Swedes to speak thier respective languages where others couldn't iunderstand what they were saying?
The argument certainly didn't stem from this, it had to do with something that occurred on the ice:

Quote:
Ward, in addition to being a disappointment on the ice, had gotten in a shouting match with Jagr during a game Feb. 3 at Tampa Bay over some miscommunication during a shift.
And I think you are treading a fine line by saying it is "unhealthy" for players to speak their native language. Prucha spoke little English and probably felt more comfortable speaking in Czech to some of his teammates, is that really so "unhealthy"?

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 03:12 PM
  #37
beastly115
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 11,020
vCash: 500
Ward is a wuss.

Hell no.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 03:22 PM
  #38
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,434
vCash: 500
God No

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 03:37 PM
  #39
blue68
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: long island
Country: United States
Posts: 108
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to blue68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
Oh god no!

One of my most hated players of all time that has played here.


Agreed 1,000 times over.


Plus Carolina is struggling and still doesn't want him --- why ever would we even consider it

blue68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 03:58 PM
  #40
FutureGM97
Registered User
 
FutureGM97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Connecticut, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,833
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
No Aaron Ward...we had him once and I wasn't a fan.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 10:45 PM
  #41
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 8,582
vCash: 500
Ward is too slow.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 10:57 PM
  #42
satrabyk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,870
vCash: 500
I just dont get it, when Sather just lets guys walk. I mean Antropov, cullen, Dupuis, Isbister, Hossa, Betts, Orr, Avery, Nylander, Mara. The list goes on and on, all guys that were doing well here not resigned, WHY?

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 11:09 PM
  #43
BrandNewDream
Registered User
 
BrandNewDream's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bayonne, NJ
Country: Poland
Posts: 1,278
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
I just dont get it, when Sather just lets guys walk. I mean Antropov, cullen, Dupuis, Isbister, Hossa, Betts, Orr, Avery, Nylander, Mara. The list goes on and on, all guys that were doing well here not resigned, WHY?
Whaddya mean? We got a GREAT return for Cullen! Andrew Hutchinson was an AHL All-star.




In all seriousness, are you serious? Guys that were doing well? Hossa? Dupuis? Isbister?

Not the greatest Rangers...

BrandNewDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 05:18 AM
  #44
WheresBarnaby
Registered User
 
WheresBarnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 2,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine24 View Post
I didn't mind him and wouldnt mind him back. Least he wouldnt let players run Lundqvist then just skate away.

Waive Rosy, pick up Ward.
I'm with Flyline he stood up for his teamates which more than can be said for anyone on the team and is a good (not amazing) defenseman. Personally I liked the fact that he got into it with Jagr as I didn't like Jagr so that doesn't bother me either. Still have a game used stick of his hanging in my home in fact, and would welcome him back in a second. He'd have to come cheap though, it's offense we're lacking most.

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 05:25 AM
  #45
Chimp
Registered User
 
Chimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: In my food garden.
Country: Sweden
Posts: 10,708
vCash: 500
The guy is 36 years old, earns $2.5m a year and was waived by one of the currently worst teams in the NHL. What does that tell you?

And you're considering picking him up? Are you out of your minds?

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 05:20 PM
  #46
WheresBarnaby
Registered User
 
WheresBarnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 2,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
The guy is 36 years old, earns $2.5m a year and was waived by one of the currently worst teams in the NHL. What does that tell you?

And you're considering picking him up? Are you out of your minds?
I can see your point but we also got the "tanned one" off of waivers no? Sometimes a team needs a scapegoat, or an example to be made. Which is the only way I can wrap my head around Vally and Gilroy being in the chateau bow wow.

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 06:08 PM
  #47
bubba5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,082
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Because then Sather has to admit he was wrong.

But seriously, Rozsival could be waived if they felt it was necessary. Right now it doesn't seem that the organization feels there is someone ready to step up and fill that void. Gilroy was sent down, Sangs didn't exactly get a ton of praise from Tortorella, and Sauer doesn't seem to be in Torts' favor either. Those are our 3 logical, right handed, replacements.

So until one of them shows something that would get them back up here, or Sather finds someone willing to deal a capable shutdown guy with an edge, I don't see it happening.
Sather admitted he was wrong when he waived Holik during the amnesty period, he can do it again! What does he care Dolen is not firing him!

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:26 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.