HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Arace: Jackets require patience from fans

Old
12-14-2009, 03:06 PM
CapnCornelius

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaggerX View Post
We're playing lousy, we've had a ton of injuries and we're still in the hunt for a playoff spot.
Huh? What injuries? Modin and Klesla? They were out most of the year last year as well. In fact, Rusty has alread played more than last year. A couple 4th liners? Injuries are not a factor.

Quote:
This really sucks. It's a lot more fun to sit in the stands when things are going well, and a lot easier to talk your friends into going to a hockey game. But It will end and panicky moves to make a change for the sake of a change aren't going to get us a deep run into the playoffs.
Or, it will continue because there is a legimiate problem with the coach and/or personnel and all doing nothing will accomplish is to prolong a problem that could have been fixed. Just as it happened when the ownership left Doug in too long.

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 03:09 PM
BluejacketNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feicht View Post
Hey now, the music is about the only positive I've been able to glean from this season Beats the hell out of them playing rap or country music or even newfangled ******** rock.
Ok, so play some Slayer, some old Anthrax, Testiment, Exodus, DRI. I dont want to hear any more candy cane metal like Winger, Scorpions, Motley Crue, at least give us something that has an edge!

On NHL2010, i set the home into to be Walk by Pantera....talk about an awesome song to come out to!

BluejacketNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 03:15 PM
LaCosta Nostra

The Jackets require patience from my fist.

LaCosta Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 03:51 PM
Feicht

Send a message via AIM to Feicht
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluejacketNut View Post
Ok, so play some Slayer, some old Anthrax, Testiment, Exodus, DRI. I dont want to hear any more candy cane metal like Winger, Scorpions, Motley Crue, at least give us something that has an edge!

On NHL2010, i set the home into to be Walk by Pantera....talk about an awesome song to come out to!
Okay then we're in agreement

I always liked Calgary's music selection, personally. Last I remember it was pretty much exactly what you suggest, wall to wall 80s metal, but the ass kicking kind, not Motley Crue I did hear Raining Blood during the telecast in Columbus the other day, so there is some hope! And for the record I have no problem with them playing Iron Maiden or Dio either, my ears always perk up when I hear them behind Rimer's incoherent ramblings

Feicht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 05:13 PM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feicht View Post
Okay then we're in agreement

I always liked Calgary's music selection, personally. Last I remember it was pretty much exactly what you suggest, wall to wall 80s metal, but the ass kicking kind, not Motley Crue I did hear Raining Blood during the telecast in Columbus the other day, so there is some hope! And for the record I have no problem with them playing Iron Maiden or Dio either, my ears always perk up when I hear them behind Rimer's incoherent ramblings
Man, don't be dissin' the Crue. The pre-Dr. Feelgood stuff isn't so bad. I've kinda come to like Live Wire, which is a staple at the Pond.

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 05:34 PM
Feicht

Send a message via AIM to Feicht
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
Man, don't be dissin' the Crue. The pre-Dr. Feelgood stuff isn't so bad. I've kinda come to like Live Wire, which is a staple at the Pond.
I like it a lot better when other bands play it

Feicht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 07:14 PM
CornerGasHank

I'm real old school, and I know I'm definitely in the minority here, but I like Hitch, and I like the style of hockey he preaches. That's not to say I don't mind seeing a run'n'gun game sometimes, because I do....I also like the odd fight in a game. I like a team with really tight 'D', a team with a bit of grit, some ridiculous forechecking, and a bit of pop on the offense. Do the jackets have all that....not yet, but the building blocks are there. They showed a lot more of that stuff last year, so I know it is there.

A tight defensive game does not always mean a trap game, and it doesn't mean that there aren't a lot of shots...it means (to me anyways) that you limit the number of great scoring chances you or an opponent gets. For the most part, I'd rather see a 2-1, or a 3-2 game, as opposed to a 7-6 one, but both can be equally as exciting to different fans.

I, as a fairly new Jackets fan, am not down on this team. I, like others, would attend more games if I could. No doubt about it though, there are some struggles this year. But the right people are at the helm, and the ship is heading in the right direction. I'm OK with what Arace has written.

CornerGasHank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 01:15 AM
Handyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaggerX View Post
Personally I think Arace's right.

Let's look at the truth. Our #1 goalie is in his second season. Half our defense is there too, okay Russell's in his third year but he's coming around. Straalman has never started in the NHL and he's carrying a huge load. How about the forwards? Brassard's technically a rookie, Voracek's a sophomore, Dorsett's a sophomore (and hurt), Boller's in his third season. Blunden's a rookie, and we've played many such people on the back line. We're really young, particularly on the back end where our problems have been. And we've had a lot of injuries there whereas last year the Defensive pairing stayed pretty healthy (Rusty went out early and we had time to adapt) We're also playing a compressed season which limits the amount of practice and rest.
It would be plausable, if we were the only young team out there. But we aren't and some of the other teams are doing really well. And seriously I don't think we have had a lot of key injuries (look LAK and Smyth's injury for example).

Handyy is offline   Reply With Quote