HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Why all the angst?

Old
12-14-2009, 04:26 PM
Jersey Girl

vCash: 500
Why all the angst?

I really don't understand all the b****ing and moaning around here. Before the season the majority thought we would possibly be a fringe playoff team, possibly on the outside looking in. And look where we are...right on that borderline! So why the fuss?

I know the 7-1 start shot everyone's hopes up, but it was just that...a start. It's a long season, and we've settled right where we thought we would be.

Just look at the talent on this team compared to teams like the Sabres, Caps, Blackhawks, Flames, and many others. Not even close. No surprise there. If the all-world goalie plays like he's all-world, we have a chance in the game. If he doesn't, we probably don't. There is not enough talent to make up for goaltending performances that are even one notch below spectacular.

Look at the roster and manage your expecations, people!!!

Jersey Girl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 04:28 PM
blueshirt4lyfe

we knew what we were getting with this team.

we're simply frustrated that we've been getting pretty much the same team for the past ten years (the only difference being that after the lockout we have lundqvist) while our idiot GM continues to not be held accountable for his actions thanks to the piece of **** we have as an owner.

blueshirt4lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 04:42 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Yeah I wouldn't consider my self angst ridden, more like fed up with management.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 04:43 PM
McDonaghisGod
Why not us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshirt4lyfe View Post
we knew what we we re getting with this team.

we're simply frustrated that we've been getting pretty much the same team for the past ten years (the only difference being that after the lockout we have lundqvist) while our idiot GM continues to not be held accountable for his actions thanks to the piece of **** we have as an owner.
This. The endless cycle of mediocrity needs to stop once and for all.

McDonaghisGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 04:54 PM
h0ckeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeetchisGod View Post
This. The endless cycle of mediocrity needs to stop once and for all.
Yup. I almost wish we didn't sign Gabby so we'd epic fail this season and get a lottery pick + maybe sign kovalchuk

h0ckeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 05:11 PM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0ckeyman View Post
Yup. I almost wish we didn't sign Gabby so we'd epic fail this season and get a lottery pick + maybe sign kovalchuk
Sure looks like we're epic failing and headed toward a lottery pick anyway.

Zil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 05:12 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

2nd worst record in the NHL since game 8.

thats a bit of a concern no?

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 06:02 PM
broadwayblue

Yeah, don't get it either. We're right we're we should be. Perhaps I didn't expect us to be as streaky as we have been...but the end result shouldn't really be surprising to anyone.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 06:06 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0ckeyman View Post
You're not the only one.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 07:06 PM
pwoz

Honestly? We're an "Original 6" team, but the franchise has been a joke since the beginning. 4 cups? Come on!

pwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 07:43 PM
The Perfect Paradox

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwoz View Post
Honestly? We're an "Original 6" team, but the franchise has been a joke since the beginning. 4 cups? Come on!
So that makes the Blackhawks a bigger joke?

The Perfect Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 07:56 PM
pwoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Henrik 30 View Post
So that makes the Blackhawks a bigger joke?
They're one of the 29 teams I consider the enemy. To their credit, they have a decade of success ahead of them... but the Rangers?

pwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 09:36 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Its frustrating because Lundqvist is giving them every chance to win. They simply can not score when Gabby is not on the ice.

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 10:14 PM
McMonster

There's just no hope... how many more years of mediocrity do we have to go through?

McMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 10:28 PM
TheHotRock

there's plenty of hope, just not for this year's model. i really hope we can get a lottery pick.

TheHotRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 11:18 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead71 View Post
There's just no hope... how many more years of mediocrity do we have to go through?
After this? 1. Then we'll be pretty good.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 08:22 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
I really don't understand all the b****ing and moaning around here. Before the season the majority thought we would possibly be a fringe playoff team, possibly on the outside looking in. And look where we are...right on that borderline! So why the fuss?

I know the 7-1 start shot everyone's hopes up, but it was just that...a start. It's a long season, and we've settled right where we thought we would be.

Just look at the talent on this team compared to teams like the Sabres, Caps, Blackhawks, Flames, and many others. Not even close. No surprise there. If the all-world goalie plays like he's all-world, we have a chance in the game. If he doesn't, we probably don't. There is not enough talent to make up for goaltending performances that are even one notch below spectacular.

Look at the roster and manage your expecations, people!!!
But we're really not on that borderline. Since the 7-1 start, we've been one of the absolute worst teams in the league, and there's little reason to believe we're going to pick up our play anytime soon. In one month, when we're sitting 13th or 14th in the East, will it be okay to be angsty?

My angst is caused by the fact that most nights, the team looks like ****. I said we were a 6-10 seed if everyone stayed healthy, and I still believe that SHOULD be the case...but there are too many nights where we lose because of poor decision making, lack of hustle, and outright stupidity. I can accept losing because we don't have talent, but there's simply no reason for this team to bottom five in the league. It's just unacceptable.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 08:56 AM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post

Look at the roster and manage your expectations, people!!!
I agree, but the lack of secondary scoring an the overall inability for
anyone but Gaborik to finish is wearing us all down. It's simply unrealistic for Henrik to win 2g games going on our 3rd season night after night.

Just to touch on a point from yesterday regarding Lundqvist being
"too good" for a bad team. It's true! He's the best and worst thing to happen to the NYR since lockout. He's helped us make the playoffs every year since the lockout, but at the same time he's masked all the deficiencies as well. Had we finished low, like we deserved to all of these years we would be reaping the benefits in those first round
players right now.

This is only compounded by the horrible contracts given to certain players. If SAther can work some magic before he retires, he needs to find a way to dump at least 2/3 of these contracts and go after
another top talent like a Kovalchuk.

He owes us!

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote