HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers fans who will do any thing to give their team some luck thread

Old
12-14-2009, 08:55 PM
NHLhockey1234

vCash: 500
Rangers fans who will do any thing to give their team some luck thread

Alright,

I'm eating lucky charms cereal every morning from now on. I know this Rangers team isn't that great, but at least we at HFBoards can toss some luck over their way. They are snakebitten beyond their means.

NHLhockey1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 08:57 PM
NYRamonte10

When i get home from college tomorrow, I'm setting my rangers hat on fire that i bought this summer. Perhaps there are some demons in the hat that need to be vanquished.

NYRamonte10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 08:58 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

I don't think lucky charms cereal is very healthy for you

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 08:59 PM
FOXHOUND*

count me out of this boys, im just gonna keep on doing what im doing!

FOXHOUND* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 09:02 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873

you guys need to get on the Fail Rail.

This team needs all the BAD luck we can muster.

Send a few back cats into the locker room.

Force them to break some mirrors

step on a crack, break their mothers back.....

WE WANT TAYLOR HALL

Say it with me.

WE WANT TAYLOR HALL

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 09:04 PM
NHLhockey1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
you guys need to get on the Fail Rail.

This team needs all the BAD luck we can muster.

Send a few back cats into the locker room.

Force them to break some mirrors

step on a crack, break their mothers back.....

WE WANT TAYLOR HALL

Say it with me.

WE WANT TAYLOR HALL

TAYLOR HALL IS HUGH JESSIMAN man. We seldom get a 1st line pick that produces greatness on the rangers. Better just to get a steal at 12th, 15thh pick and get another amazing 7th rounder like we did with Henrik.

Old
12-14-2009, 09:06 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
This team will sweep the Islanders.

Guarenteed

Have some faith people

12-14-2009, 09:07 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediprakNYR View Post
TAYLOR HALL IS HUGH JESSIMAN man. We seldom get a 1st line pick that produces greatness on the rangers. Better just to get a steal at 12th, 15thh pick and get another amazing 7th rounder like we did with Henrik.
6'0" 185 pounds. I don't see the Jessiman comparison.

Old
12-14-2009, 09:10 PM
NHLhockey1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
6'0" 185 pounds. I don't see the Jessiman comparison.
HUGH Jessiman was a huge bust, the same will happen with Taylor Hall on the Rangers. I honestly see nowhere where we can develop top elite talent into scoring the likes of Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews. Honestly, the Rangers are better to get young talent from another NHL team.

Best to keep ourselves out of a top 5 pick. We only choose good defenseman. Better just to get a young offensive guy who has already spent time in the NHL.

Old
12-14-2009, 09:12 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
HUGH Jessiman was a huge bust, the same will happen with Taylor Hall on the Rangers. I honestly see nowhere where we can develop top elite talent into scoring the likes of Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews. Honestly, the Rangers are better to get young talent from another NHL team.

Best to keep ourselves out of a top 5 pick. We only choose good defenseman. Better just to get a young offensive guy who has already spent time in the NHL.
So because Jessiman was a bust, any player the Rangers draft will be one? That's silly.

Old
12-14-2009, 09:14 PM
NHLhockey1234

Name one player besides leetch and kovalev in the past ~30 years who we have drafted, and developed into an elite scoring talent that has teared up the NHL for more than 3 years.

I hear crickets?

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr000048.html

We are stupid when it comes to getting offensive talent production even when we've had some good picks.

Last edited by NHLhockey1234: 12-14-2009 at 09:36 PM.
Old
12-14-2009, 09:15 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Name one player besides leetch in the past 20 years who we have drafted, and developed into an elite scoring talent that has teared up the NHL for more than 3 years.

I hear crickets?
Name all the top 5 picks that the Rangers have drafted in the past 40 years...

I can only think of one, Pavel Brendl. That's a big drafting record to go based on. Fact is the last few years the Rangers have drafted well. To say that anyone they draft will be a bust is just silly.

Old
12-14-2009, 09:20 PM
Swagelin
aka Bienvenue a ny

Ever since I got my new tv all the rangers have done is lose! I want my old one back=)
Posted via Mobile Device

Swagelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 09:28 PM
NHLhockey1234

Quote:

We choose good defenseman. I'm not denying that we draft bad in terms of defense and goaltending, but OFFENSE has not been one of our strengths, and you've got to admit it, choosing offensive players who mostly have been busts over the past 20-22 years has to say something about how management develops these players and motivates them to the NHL.

And listen, Tavares, Crosby, and Ovechkin, Toews, Kane, all were prospects that whom I thought were really good after watching their youtubes. Taylor Hall doesn't strike me at all to be at their level.

We are stupid when it comes to getting offensive talent production even when we've had some good picks.

List of 1st round picks from 1990 few examples. Couple from My lifetime with the rangers.

1. Hugh Jessiman
2. Manny Malhotra
3. Lauri Korpikowski
4. Pavel Brendl.
5. Peter Ferraro
6. Jamie Lundmark

Old
12-14-2009, 09:30 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
ugh. First overall pick talk in December...this fan base makes me wonder sometimes.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 09:32 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
This luck thread is bunk, what do you want to happen 1st round playoff exit and picking around the same place we did last year??

Please stop with the anyone the Rangers draft will bust stuff too, Gordie Clark is not a moron.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 09:38 PM
Ail
k.

I have a confession. The Rangers started playing awful literally the same night I ordered Gamecenter and my dad and I started watching every game.

Without fail the first two nights every time my father would walk in the room to check scores the other team would score a goal. This isn't an exaggeration.

They haven't been the same since. We definitely don't consider ourselves lucky people and I don't doubt we have cursed them. With that being said, I paid $170.00 for Gamecenter so, I'm going to keep watching.

12-14-2009, 09:40 PM
NHLhockey1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
I have a confession. The Rangers started playing awful literally the same night I ordered Gamecenter and my dad and I started watching every game.

Without fail the first two nights every time my father would walk in the room to check scores the other team would score a goal. This isn't an exaggeration.

They haven't been the same since. We definitely don't consider ourselves lucky people and I don't doubt we have cursed them. With that being said, I paid $170.00 for Gamecenter so, I'm going to keep watching.

Hahhahaahahaha.

Guess this is not going to be a lucky thread after all. Request for mod to close this thread.

Old
12-14-2009, 09:41 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post

That's the spirit.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 09:42 PM
FOXHOUND*

I will also admit that Rangers really started going downhill once I moved...I can't move again though

FOXHOUND* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 10:15 PM
NYRamonte10

it's just not right to hope your team loses. It's backward and quite frankly a very corrupt way of thinking. Have faith that this team can turn it around for christ's sake. You play to win the game. You never hope that your team loses. Look at the Pittsburgh Penguins. Really? Is that what you want to happen to us? You want to come in last over and over, get a bunch of sick draft picks and hten pull out championships? You should be ashamed of yourselves.

This is the one part of sports that I can't stand. The Last place teams get rewarded with the best pick. There's really no other way to do it, but sometimes it's just not fair.

NYRamonte10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 10:38 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Of course we all want the team to make the playoffs. However, with the way things are going this season, many of us would would rather go for #1 than #10. We'd rather see them finish worst in the league than 9th in the East. Quite frankly, most Rangers fans are tired of just squeaking in the playoffs and getting knocked out in round one. This team is not built to win a cup. Sure we bash the Penguins, but I'm sure not one of us would complain if we won the Cup like that. Unlike them, we've all been faithful to our team even when they suck.

That said, since the draft was instituted in 1963, the Rangers have had the #1 overall pick once, in 1965 where they drafted Andre Veilleux who never made it to the NHL. There were only 2 rounds in the draft and the only two players who ever played in the NHL in that draft were Pierre Bouchard and Michel Parizeau. So we can't really fault the Rangers for their drafting way back then.

The following year, the Rangers drafted #2 and picked Brad Park. After that, they only drafted in the top 5 one time and that was a trade up to get Brendl.

Old
12-14-2009, 10:44 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRamonte10 View Post
This is the one part of sports that I can't stand. The Last place teams get rewarded with the best pick. There's really no other way to do it, but sometimes it's just not fair.
What they should do is award the highest picks to the teams that just miss the playoffs, then to the worst teams, then to the best teams.

That way you're not awarded for tanking, and the worst teams still don't have terrible picks.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 10:47 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
What they should do is award the highest picks to the teams that just miss the playoffs, then to the worst teams, then to the best teams.

That way you're not awarded for tanking, and the worst teams still don't have terrible picks.
institute the toilet. A mini playoff for all the teams that didn't make the playoffs. The team who wins the toilet gets the #1 pick, lol.

Old
12-14-2009, 11:38 PM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

I want to totally miss the playoffs, at this point. The team is full of garbage borderline NHL players...so I mean it's more than "luck". Take a look at the team...outside of Gaborik, MDZ, Hank the team is made up of a ton of crappy, soft, overvalued garbage.

Taylor Hall, please...thanks

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote