HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

The "Edmonton Events" Thread

Old
12-14-2009, 07:17 PM
GoingGoingGagner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telegram View Post
Been sending Sonic an email a day for the past few weeks asking to get Muse here, and we finally get an early Christmas gift! It's going to be an unreal show, and hopefully the set isn't too bogged down with Resistance songs. They really need to bring back atleast one song from Showbiz to the set I think, but the chances of that, atleast as part of the North American tour, are slim. Also, here's hoping not too many bandwagon "Twilight" fans join in. Regardless, it's going to be an unreal show, and mark my words, it will go down as one of the best Edmonton has seen in years.
Oh thank GOD. I'm so ready for this.

GoingGoingGagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 08:50 PM
Crude
Rafters 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsho View Post
Yeah it sure is. It was actually 2004 when they were here, but still a very long time, and two albums later. That last show was at Reds so they were not very well known then. Should be interesting what kind of set we get, all their European dates on the tour have been around 22 songs long, but this past week they started smaller shows in the States and only played about 12 songs.
I would actually expect closer to 20 songs for the Rexall gig. The reason for the decline of songs in the most recent concerts is not because they are in the US, but because they have only been at events like KROQ "Almost Acoustic Christmas" and "Not So Silent Night." These shorter set lists are due to the fact that 2 or 3 other acts are involved in the show, so there is not enough time for 20+ songs. So luckily, we should expect 16-20. And on top of that, for those who have not seen Muse live, be it online or in person, Matt always does a good 5 minutes of riffs after a few of the heavier songs, so not to worry about the length of the gig people.

Crude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 09:41 PM
Arpeggio

Quote:
I would actually expect closer to 20 songs for the Rexall gig. The reason for the decline of songs in the most recent concerts is not because they are in the US, but because they have only been at events like KROQ "Almost Acoustic Christmas" and "Not So Silent Night." These shorter set lists are due to the fact that 2 or 3 other acts are involved in the show, so there is not enough time for 20+ songs. So luckily, we should expect 16-20. And on top of that, for those who have not seen Muse live, be it online or in person, Matt always does a good 5 minutes of riffs after a few of the heavier songs, so not to worry about the length of the gig people.
This. And they have been playing Cave (from Showbiz) regularly on the European tour, and Sunburn on the last gig, so there's a chance that we get something from Showbiz. That said, there will obviously be a lot of Resistance songs on there, considering it's the Resistance tour. But, they didn't have much time to rehearse prior to the European tour, whereas now they have a few weeks off to rehearse, so maybe we will get something different on the North American tour. We'll probably get 16-18 songs, but they usually play for 1:45 no matter how many songs. Also, I think we're lucky that we get the first night of a back-to-back with Calgary, as on the European tour it seemed as if the first night got the more energetic and "riffier" set.

I'm really pumped for this gig.

Edit: Europe hasn't been getting 22 songs, they've been getting 16-18, save for the last gig in Italy which got 20. The main complaint from fans have been the set length and the lack of variation. Of course, when they come here once every four years, I don't think "set variation" is a big deal.

Arpeggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 09:47 PM
Crude
Rafters 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arpeggio View Post
This. And they have been playing Cave (from Showbiz) regularly on the European tour, and Sunburn on the last gig, so there's a chance that we get something from Showbiz. That said, there will obviously be a lot of Resistance songs on there, considering it's the Resistance tour. But, they didn't have much time to rehearse prior to the European tour, whereas now they have a few weeks off to rehearse, so maybe we will get something different on the North American tour. We'll probably get 16-18 songs, but they usually play for 1:45 no matter how many songs. Also, I think we're lucky that we get the first night of a back-to-back with Calgary, as on the European tour it seemed as if the first night got the more energetic and "riffier" set.

I'm really pumped for this gig.
Likewise incase no one has noticed.

BTW. For those who aren't aware, while Sonic is offering their pre-sale on Thursday to "Glee Clubbers," if you have an account on the official Muse website (muse.mu) you will be able to get tickets during the online pre-sale tomorrow starting at 1pm MST. Here's the link with more info:

http://http://muse.mu/gig/990/2010-03-29/rexall-place-edmonton-canada/

PS: Arpeggio, if they do play Sunburn, I will leave very, very happy.

EDIT: Pre-sale does start at 1pm. Cheers Arpeggio.

Last edited by Crude: 12-14-2009 at 10:03 PM.
Old
12-14-2009, 09:52 PM
Arpeggio

Quote:
Likewise incase no one has noticed.

BTW. For those who aren't aware, while Sonic is offering their pre-sale on Thursday to "Glee Clubbers," if you have an account on the official Muse website (muse.mu) you will be able to get tickets during the online pre-sale tomorrow starting at 10am MST. Here's the link with more info:

http://http://muse.mu/gig/990/2010-03-29/rexall-place-edmonton-canada/

PS: Arpeggio, if they do play Sunburn, I will leave very, very happy.
Pretty sure the pre-sale starts at 1.

Edit: And being realistic, I'd like to see Cave and MK Ultra. But who knows what songs, if any, they'll add to the setlist. I'd like to see Bliss.

Arpeggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 10:04 PM
Crude
Rafters 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arpeggio View Post
Pretty sure the pre-sale starts at 1.

Edit: And being realistic, I'd like to see Cave and MK Ultra. But who knows what songs, if any, they'll add to the setlist. I'd like to see Bliss.
Bliss was the first Muse song I ever heard, so here's hoping they play it with confetti weather balloons and all.

Last edited by Crude: 12-14-2009 at 11:30 PM.