HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

12/14/09 Would you like to see more goal celebrations?

View Poll Results: Would you like to see more goal celebrations?
Heck ya! Ovy was on to something 16 25.81%
No, thats football 10 16.13%
I don't care 7 11.29%
Makes no difference to me 4 6.45%
a little celebrating is fine 23 37.10%
other, please explain 2 3.23%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old
12-14-2009, 04:06 PM
alphahelix

vCash: 500
youtube tootoo + fights = plenty of fights...

he is a solid fighter. he doesn't always go, but there are players that are MUCH worse for that kind of thing.

Jarkko Ruutu = Worst

Matt Cooke = 2nd

Am I missing anyone?

alphahelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 06:21 PM
North

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1 View Post
Replace the word dislike with "hate to the point of throwing crap at". Also remember that there's a difference between physicality and playing like a punk. Our guys tend not to be punks. Even Stone who's a bit of a pest stands up for himself. Tootoo would be busy running for the bench or hiding behind the referee.

No Tootoo; not ever.
Well that's not entirely true. He'll go, but first he'll sucker punch somebody (see Robidas, Stephane) or he'll slash someone with his hockey stick and when they go down start punching them (see Bourdon, Luc). But he does drop the gloves.

North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 07:46 PM
40oz

Quinn is awesome, Nilsson = Pigpen

EDIT: This commercial is great, well done NHL.

Last edited by 40oz: 12-14-2009 at 08:09 PM.
40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 09:47 PM
harpoon
FOB

Quote:
Replace the word dislike with "hate to the point of throwing crap at". Also remember that there's a difference between physicality and playing like a punk. Our guys tend not to be punks. Even Stone who's a bit of a pest stands up for himself. Tootoo would be busy running for the bench or hiding behind the referee.

No Tootoo; not ever.
I don't know about that . Lots of people have said the same thing about Downie but I've watched quite a few Bolts games this year and he's actually kind of a useful player . There was some discussion in BB's blog thread the other day about a dirty Stortini hit . Maybe fans from other teams see that and it determines in their mind that Stortini is a "punk" . You'd agree that wouldn't be fair right ?

Tootoo on the cheap is something I would look at .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio18 View Post
I reserve a bit of an exception for 40+ - 50+ goal scorers, but the hot stick thing was WAY too much for me - I like the 'Horcoff reaction'. Less is more...
Hmmm . I've always felt that Horc's "both arms up and held in position" celebration looks more like a fifty goal scorer than Gagner's "fist pumping and glass smashing" celebration . It was kind of cool to see Penner with the big fist pump the other day .

Last edited by harpoon: 12-14-2009 at 09:54 PM. Reason: add quote
harpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 09:51 PM
MDupont

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphahelix View Post

he is a solid fighter. he doesn't always go, but there are players that are MUCH worse for that kind of thing.

Jarkko Ruutu = Worst

Matt Cooke = 2nd

Am I missing anyone?
Celine?

MDupont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 09:56 PM
MDupont

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphahelix View Post

Jarkko Ruutu = Worst

Matt Cooke = 2nd

Am I missing anyone?
Just to add a bit to my previous statement. Some guys play like punks but they will drop the gloves eventually, some don't though. I always thought Mathew Barnaby was a punk, but when he drops the gloves he knows what to do, if you know what I mean. He defintely isn't a punk, he is just similar to Avery. You could probably add Tikanen to the list but he never dropped the gloves willingly..haha

MDupont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 10:46 PM
Bank Shot

Quote:

No Tootoo; not ever.
I kind of like Tootoo. Here he is filling in Robyn Regehr:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdgXXwT_qXE

Bank Shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 10:59 PM
Giant Moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Vandelay View Post
http://www.fromtherink.com/2009/12/1...se-in-535-days

Sorry to steal your thunder, BB, but this article from Mirtle is worth reading.

You can read HotToddy's crap about how great the NHL is in its own mind, or you can consult the raw data and draw your own conclusions.
Ouch. But maybe TB has a $30MM advertising contract for the Saw movies. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Giant Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 11:21 PM
Phaedrus

Re: Tootoo

Let us not forget: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiMkGwHIppA

Phaedrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 12:34 AM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

“I think that it says a lot about our leadership group,” captain Ethan Moreau said. “I remember being down 3-0 and guys like Shawn Horcoff and Steve Staios were really vocal, saying, ’We need to get points out of this game.’
http://vyous.com/sports/nhl/oilers/2...globe-and-mail

There's our captain. Taking credit when thing go well, accepting no blame when things don't. Every time I hear him toot his own horn like this it really grates on me. The leadership group was why we came back, was it? It wasn't Penner, Brule and Gagner taking the team on their shoulders and beating the Blues into submission? And where was this leadership group in November?

I suspect him and his "leadership group" are the source of constant divisions in the locker-room. Man I want him gone. If Pouliot has a JFJ-like recovery after surgery, maybe we can finally dump captain ego.

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 01:06 AM
Six in O6

Oilers don't have anything worth celebrating yet. Once they prove themselves, they can do whatever they want as far as I'm concerned. Celebrations need to be backed up, this team doesn't have it yet.

Six in O6 is offline   Reply With Quote