HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Drury Has 2 Friggin Goals - ONE Goal in last 26 Games

Closed Thread

Old
12-14-2009, 10:37 PM
satrabyk

vCash: 500
Sorry to be the bear of bad news, but i said it within 6 hours after we signed those two players, on this board and continued to preech it, while so many fans were giving me heck, and calling me names. The claims went that "we finally have a real winner here", "Best two way player in the NHL". I actualyl tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, unfortunetly he is this too costly in the role he is in and it is hurting this team deeply, i dont care what anyone says. The style of play torts wants to engage in, suits Marian Gaborik, fits well with Dubi, but Drury it just cannot work with the guy. I see he tries hard and he is in a difficult situation, he is only human but for the better of this team, after we dump the owner and than Sather Drury has to be moved.

Old
12-14-2009, 10:53 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by genericnyrusername View Post
It's sad to see how quickly this guy's skill has diminished. And please no one predicted anything like this when he was first signed. If he continued to do what he did up in buffalo no one's complaining about the contract.
No one. I totally predicted this, and i was suprised that he managed to get as many points as he got in recent years for NY.

Old
12-14-2009, 11:14 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Well, I tell ya, there just isnt any offense coming from this brother any more. I guess he's gotten old and worn out.

Old
12-14-2009, 11:24 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Well, I tell ya, there just isnt any offense coming from this brother any more. I guess he's gotten old and worn out.
Torts has given him more ice time and PP then he has all season in the past 2-3 weeks..still absolutely zero offense from him.

Torts should have went with his gut feeling from the start when he gave him just 16 minutes of ice time and no PP time. Hopefully he's goes back to that very soon.

Who the hell declines so fast at just 30 and cant bring any offense? Usually its fringe NHLers. He's not a fringe NHLer so I dont know what the hell happened to him.

Old
12-14-2009, 11:33 PM
Kind of Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine24 View Post
Torts has given him more ice time and PP then he has all season in the past 2-3 weeks..still absolutely zero offense from him.

Torts should have went with his gut feeling from the start when he gave him just 16 minutes of ice time and no PP time. Hopefully he's goes back to that very soon.

Who the hell declines so fast at just 30 and cant bring any offense? Usually its fringe NHLers. He's not a fringe NHLer so I dont know what the hell happened to him.
I actually thought Drury played well tonight. At this point, its tough to attribute his lack of production to his linemates only, but I've been saying since the beginning of the year that I think he would greatly benefit by playing with Prospal rather than Avery or Higgins. He could use that type of player. And keep Callahan there. Now that Dubinsky is back, that's possible.

Old
12-15-2009, 12:30 AM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
I actually thought Drury played well tonight. At this point, its tough to attribute his lack of production to his linemates only, but I've been saying since the beginning of the year that I think he would greatly benefit by playing with Prospal rather than Avery or Higgins. He could use that type of player. And keep Callahan there. Now that Dubinsky is back, that's possible.
He played an average game..I guess that looks great since he's played so many below average games.

Again creating no offense though. At some point he needs to do get on the scoresheet to help the team out. Blocking shots is just a minor part of the game.

Drury has has some great chances...(the breakway tonight, and last game when he was able to walk in but just blast a slap shot to the chest of the goalie)..he doens't finish. 2 goals...c'on. Again Drury lovers...this has ZERO to do with contract and ALL about being the leader of the team. He does a poor job with his one ice leadership/lead by example. Maybe he just isnt good enough anymore, thats fine, but give up the C then.....3rd/4th liners are rarely captains in this league.

Old
12-15-2009, 12:42 AM
CrimsonBruin21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoot Whoot View Post
Drury is the worst value in hockey. period.
I never thought I'd ever say this but Drury is literally your Alexei Yashin. What a ****ing joke.

Why do our teams keep ****ing up like this?!!?

Old
12-15-2009, 12:48 AM
omgShakeNbake

Did everyone miss in p.k?

Just to prove he is a defensive player now...

as soon as staal and girardi (out two top d-men) got sent to the box, he comes and saves our ass

Old
12-15-2009, 12:51 AM
t3hg00se

Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgShakeNbake View Post

as soon as staal and girardi (out two top d-men) got sent to the box, he comes and saves our ass
Betts would have done it better.

Old
12-15-2009, 01:17 AM
sansabri
#blocktheboat

didn't drury break his right ( shooting ) hand during the playoffs, last season?

that will slow down any shooter.

Last edited by sansabri: 12-15-2009 at 01:19 AM. Reason: corrected a word.
Old
12-15-2009, 01:28 AM
levski87

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansabri View Post
didn't drury break his right ( shooting ) hand during the playoffs, last season?

that will slow down any shooter.
Key word is last season. This season he can't even make a pass. I don't understand thsi guy at all. He had Dawes and Callahan as line mates when he put up 58 points in his first season here.

He needs to go back to basics. Sit in front of the net and get his garbage goals. To be honest, that whole line just needs the D-men to fire blasts at the net and let everyone else get in there.

Old
12-15-2009, 01:38 AM
OverTheCap

Drury needs to shoot the puck more. 1 SOG tonight is not going to cut it.

He has only 52 SOG for the season. Lisin is 3 SOG behind him in the same number of games played but less minutes played per game.

Drury usually averages over 200 SOG per season but he is falling way short of that this year. I'm not sure what the deal is, he doesn't seem to get a lot of scoring chances, but he needs to shoot the puck whenever he has the opportunity.

Old
12-15-2009, 01:42 AM
sansabri
#blocktheboat

Quote:
Originally Posted by levski87 View Post
Key word is last season. This season he can't even make a pass. I don't understand thsi guy at all. He had Dawes and Callahan as line mates when he put up 58 points in his first season here.

He needs to go back to basics. Sit in front of the net and get his garbage goals. To be honest, that whole line just needs the D-men to fire blasts at the net and let everyone else get in there.
even if it happened last season - it's his shooting hand! it usually takes some time to come back to your usual 25+ goals.

hopefully for rangers' fans, this is a one year thing ( or to be nicer, til the olympics ). drury is too competitive to just fade out sadly like this.

Old
12-15-2009, 01:44 AM
levski87

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansabri View Post
even if it happened last season - it's his shooting hand! it usually takes some time to come back to your usual 25+ goals.

hopefully for rangers' fans, this is a one year thing ( or to be nicer, til the olympics ). drury is too competitive to just fade out sadly like this.
I would assume by now he's fine. I don't think its his hand. He's on the decline, lets face it.

Old
12-15-2009, 04:29 AM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
I would assume by now he's fine. I don't think its his hand. He's on the decline, lets face it.
On the decline is being kind. He is just done. The guy has nothing to offer anymore.

Last edited by The Thomas J.*: 12-15-2009 at 05:50 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old
12-15-2009, 04:54 AM
Chimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgShakeNbake View Post

"Saves our ass" is pretty far from the words I'm searching for when it comes to Chris Drury.

Old
12-15-2009, 06:03 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
Drury needs to shoot the puck more. 1 SOG tonight is not going to cut it.

He has only 52 SOG for the season. Lisin is 3 SOG behind him in the same number of games played but less minutes played per game.

Drury usually averages over 200 SOG per season but he is falling way short of that this year. I'm not sure what the deal is, he doesn't seem to get a lot of scoring chances, but he needs to shoot the puck whenever he has the opportunity.
Of course he isn't getting a lot of scoring chances...there's no one to set him up! If he was playing with players who possess more offensive talent than he does, as he did throughout the successful periods of his career, then he would have more goals and points.

Not sure why so many people fail to understand this.

Old
12-15-2009, 06:24 AM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:

The problem is,someone needs to get into sullivans ****ing head AND TELL HIM THAT.

Every play its
"look for gaborik" or "look for gaborik to look for kotalik to shoot the puck into the goalies chest"

When was the last time ANYBODY was setup as a screen on net?

I guess everyone is having thier monthly PMS(Player motion sickness) This month chris drury.

But stay tuned for january when they go back to michal roszival followed by a trip down memory lane in february with marek malik!

Old
12-15-2009, 07:58 AM
RangerBlueJay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine24 View Post
He played an average game..I guess that looks great since he's played so many below average games.

Again creating no offense though. At some point he needs to do get on the scoresheet to help the team out. Blocking shots is just a minor part of the game.

Drury has has some great chances...(the breakway tonight, and last game when he was able to walk in but just blast a slap shot to the chest of the goalie)..he doesn't finish. 2 goals...c'on. Again Drury lovers...this has ZERO to do with contract and ALL about being the leader of the team. He does a poor job with his one ice leadership/lead by example. Maybe he just isnt good enough anymore, thats fine, but give up the C then.....3rd/4th liners are rarely captains in this league.
My hero! Could you explain this to some of the other mods please Just remember, he's not an offensive player and you shouldn't expect that. Well, that's what I've been told anyway.

Old
12-15-2009, 08:11 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBlueJay View Post
My hero! Could you explain this to some of the other mods please Just remember, he's not an offensive player and you shouldn't expect that. Well, that's what I've been told anyway.
Really? When?

Old
12-15-2009, 08:15 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3hg00se View Post
Betts would have done it better.
and slightly cheaper

Old
12-15-2009, 08:37 AM
Mrpuck

It may have been posted somewhere but I didn't read through this whole thread.

Is it allowed under the CBA or even NHL rules that a player can be bought out, and then be resigned by the same team that bought him out?

If we were to offer to buy out Drury on the agreement he signs like a 1mil. a year deal for the remainder of his current contract the cap hit would be much less then his current one. Are there rules against this? If not it would help the team tremendously, and Drury still has a use on the 3rd line.

Old
12-15-2009, 08:45 AM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Really? When?
All the time.

Old
12-15-2009, 08:46 AM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrpuck View Post
It may have been posted somewhere but I didn't read through this whole thread.

Is it allowed under the CBA or even NHL rules that a player can be bought out, and then be resigned by the same team that bought him out?

If we were to offer to buy out Drury on the agreement he signs like a 1mil. a year deal for the remainder of his current contract the cap hit would be much less then his current one. Are there rules against this? If not it would help the team tremendously, and Drury still has a use on the 3rd line.
I don't think so..........not that I know of anyway.

Old
12-15-2009, 08:46 AM
RangerBlueJay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Really? When?
Heres one, sort of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
When Drury is outperforming the fourth liner you are likening him to, the argument falls apart.

And maybe Drury finds himself on the third line because he has the flexibility to play on any of the top three lines. You want Prospal on the third line? How about Dubinsky? People moaned about the lack of a playmaking second line center. Drury's flexibility allowed Torts to move Prospal the center and Dubinksy down a line.

I like Drury — I'll admit it. Have I loved his performance here, of course not. But a lot of this hatred has more to do with his contract than it does what he's done on the ice. He's never been an elite offensive player. Not sure why he's supposed to be now.

BTW, guys who, on a bad year, put up over 20 goals and 50 points don't suck.

http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=2...&postcount=238

Closed Thread