HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PJ Stock fired from Team 990

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-15-2009, 09:54 AM
  #51
gillyguzzler
Registered User
 
gillyguzzler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,761
vCash: 500
Stock fired? Just made my day! Biggest idiot on radio and tv.

Well, maybe FatMan Lajoie is worse... and Brunet is real bad... Jean Perron is out to lunch... Most of l'Attaque à 5... Villeneuve is retarded... and Réjaune is the worst.

Bye bye PJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 10:05 AM
  #52
Spectaculard
Registered User
 
Spectaculard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 8,246
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Spectaculard
Has Stock ever completed a sentence without stuttering?

Seriously, he talks like a 10 year old.

Spectaculard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 10:21 AM
  #53
Player 61
#Winning
 
Player 61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,172
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Player 61
He's not Fired! Marinaro just said it on Team 990, & PJ is on at Noon like normal, so I don't know where this is coming from?

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 10:37 AM
  #54
bonefizzle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 251
vCash: 500
I also just heard tony say that he wasn't fired.... if anything he will probably come on and say that he is gonna leave the show soon.


I don't understand why people on here can just assume that he is fired and posts reasons why he was fired when they are purely speculating...... one poster came out and said he got fired because he bashes the habs.....

really brings down this forum i think..... when people just start speculating stuff like this and coming to their own conclusions on something that either did or didn't happen . Especially when everyone will find out the truth sooner or later....

bonefizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 10:40 AM
  #55
Nakamura
私はクソの葉を憎む
 
Nakamura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Japan
Posts: 1,106
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
As a sports radio host in Trois-Rivières, PJ was one of my role model. The reason: Not only was he funny, which is part of my show, but he always kept a neutral eye on most things.

When the Habs are hot, he'd calm the wave down, and when the Habs were cold, he'd but a bit of sunlight on everything. I'm gonna miss him. However, you'd have to see this coming, as he could barely be on radio without interfering with his CBC schedule.

If anyone knows how I could join him, I'd really like that. I would love to get his opinion of the whole thing.
Your show must suck

I will not miss PJ Stock, I like to learn stuff when I listen to a program.

I remain indifferent to Randy Tieman. Someone said he was "vanilla" and I guess that would be correct. He reminds me of Ron Francis, the real-estate guy. Slow and painful.

It would be awesome to get a guy like Gabriel Morency back on the Team 990 'cause other than Casavant, Price and Melnick.. boring.

By the way, if the Team 990 ever gets the rights to the Habs' radio broadcasting, Elliot Price would be my choice for play-by-play guy. Never gets boring when he describes Montreal Junior games.

Nakamura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 10:52 AM
  #56
Player 61
#Winning
 
Player 61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,172
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Player 61
He may well be leaving in the New Year, but "Fired" should be modded out!

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 11:28 AM
  #57
Habarazzi
Registered User
 
Habarazzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 393
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AloneInTokyo View Post
Your show must suck

I will not miss PJ Stock, I like to learn stuff when I listen to a program.

I remain indifferent to Randy Tieman. Someone said he was "vanilla" and I guess that would be correct. He reminds me of Ron Francis, the real-estate guy. Slow and painful.

It would be awesome to get a guy like Gabriel Morency back on the Team 990 'cause other than Casavant, Price and Melnick.. boring.

By the way, if the Team 990 ever gets the rights to the Habs' radio broadcasting, Elliot Price would be my choice for play-by-play guy. Never gets boring when he describes Montreal Junior games.

Morency's going on live with his own webcast starting today

http://www.morencysports.com

Habarazzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 11:45 AM
  #58
Dutch
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Trois-Rivières
Country: Canada
Posts: 587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AloneInTokyo View Post
Your show must suck
Well take a listen here and tell me.

Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 12:01 PM
  #59
PyrettaBlaze
Registered User
 
PyrettaBlaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,133
vCash: 500
If any of you guys are interested to hear what really happened, tune in now since PJ should be on in a couple of minutes.

PyrettaBlaze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 12:05 PM
  #60
Nakamura
私はクソの葉を憎む
 
Nakamura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Japan
Posts: 1,106
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
Well take a listen here and tell me.
I was obviously just kidding. I'll check it out..

Nakamura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 12:06 PM
  #61
Nakamura
私はクソの葉を憎む
 
Nakamura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Japan
Posts: 1,106
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habarazzi View Post
Morency's going on live with his own webcast starting today

http://www.morencysports.com
How interesting... did he leave Hardcore Sports Radio?

Nakamura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 12:09 PM
  #62
PyrettaBlaze
Registered User
 
PyrettaBlaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,133
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AloneInTokyo View Post
How interesting... did he leave Hardcore Sports Radio?
He got fired for being drunk on air...

PyrettaBlaze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 12:09 PM
  #63
Habarazzi
Registered User
 
Habarazzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 393
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AloneInTokyo View Post
How interesting... did he leave Hardcore Sports Radio?

I think he was let go ... but I'm not sure what happened with Hardcore

Habarazzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 12:14 PM
  #64
Nakamura
私はクソの葉を憎む
 
Nakamura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Japan
Posts: 1,106
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
He got fired for being drunk on air...
LOL
I remember him being drunk on air at a Superbowl event while he was at Team990.. What's rippin' Montreal, this is Sportsrage!

Nakamura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 12:55 PM
  #65
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,807
vCash: 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by AloneInTokyo View Post
LOL
I remember him being drunk on air at a Superbowl event while he was at Team990.. What's rippin' Montreal, this is Sportsrage!
wow, I miss Morency on sportsrage, he was awesome

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 01:16 PM
  #66
MatthewT
Registered User
 
MatthewT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,588
vCash: 500
any chance CBC can do the same?

MatthewT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 01:19 PM
  #67
Dutch
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Trois-Rivières
Country: Canada
Posts: 587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AloneInTokyo View Post
I was obviously just kidding. I'll check it out..
Oh I know... it was just an easy way to plug my show. In case some people would like to listen to it live in the Trois-Rivières région.

Altough we're off for a month for the holidays.

Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 01:25 PM
  #68
Next Best Thing*
 
Next Best Thing*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 6,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonefizzle View Post
I also just heard tony say that he wasn't fired.... if anything he will probably come on and say that he is gonna leave the show soon.


I don't understand why people on here can just assume that he is fired and posts reasons why he was fired when they are purely speculating...... one poster came out and said he got fired because he bashes the habs.....

really brings down this forum i think..... when people just start speculating stuff like this and coming to their own conclusions on something that either did or didn't happen . Especially when everyone will find out the truth sooner or later....
So we're discussing, is that illegal? Or are we under Stalin here. Besides, PJ deserves ALL of it, especially from our fans, having played on the Bruins and yes on occasion he will kick us when we're down like with Komisarek last year. This is why hockey is fun, it's an irrational world of hate and love, get over it please.

I'm listening now, what the hell is this, Adam Sandler? ...........

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 01:30 PM
  #69
Kafka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 5,114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
no one can fill cherry's shoes, especially not STOCK
Anyone can take the spot of a clown.

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 01:36 PM
  #70
Next Best Thing*
 
Next Best Thing*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 6,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka View Post
Anyone can take the spot of a clown.
What I meant to say was that Cherry is interesting in his unique way, and people have a high amount of respect for him. He is far from a "clown" like you say, and he knows hockey. Biiiig shoes to fill when he's gone.

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 02:28 PM
  #71
Dutch
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Trois-Rivières
Country: Canada
Posts: 587
vCash: 500
It's funny how someone is a clown because you don't agree with him, no matter how good his argument is.

What I like about PJ is that he isn't a Habs fan, which means that he'll bash them when needed, and that gives the other side of the medal, which I really appreciate. Plus, he's entertaining. As much as you can know your hockey, if your boring behind the mic, I won't listen.

And I also like the fact that he's down to earth, and won't go crazy about little things like most people in the french media. (Except Denis Casavant who's awesome)

As much as you can disagree with him, he's no clown. And if you don't like him, there's this button on your radio, it's called Tuning. Use it.

Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 02:32 PM
  #72
JackZap
Registered User
 
JackZap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,084
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
It's funny how someone is a clown because you don't agree with him, no matter how good his argument is.

What I like about PJ is that he isn't a Habs fan, which means that he'll bash them when needed, and that gives the other side of the medal, which I really appreciate. Plus, he's entertaining. As much as you can know your hockey, if your boring behind the mic, I won't listen.

And I also like the fact that he's down to earth, and won't go crazy about little things like most people in the french media. (Except Denis Casavant who's awesome)

As much as you can disagree with him, he's no clown. And if you don't like him, there's this button on your radio, it's called Tuning. Use it.
well he also goes out of his way to kiss Bostons ass and rip the Habs just for the sake of ripping.

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 02:39 PM
  #73
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
 
Jack Bourdain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montréal, QC.
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,169
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrychair View Post
Has Stock ever completed a sentence without stuttering?

Seriously, he talks like a 10 year old.
I guess he did very well for a stuttering 10 year old.

You can argue about his hockey knowledge, but don't pick on him for his verbal difficulties. He did very well for someone with his problem, I know because I have stuttered for 10 years of my life before finally overcoming my fear of public speaking. Everyone has problems, don't make it worse.

Jack Bourdain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 02:41 PM
  #74
holyhabs87
Registered User
 
holyhabs87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 4,806
vCash: 500
Holy ****...the news guy sounds exactly like him!

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 02:51 PM
  #75
Bitterman
Registered User
 
Bitterman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 438
vCash: 500
I am so glad that moron Stock is gone from Team 990. Instead of trying to find another job in Montreal for the new year he should have just moved to Boston and become a radio shock sports booster for the Bruins and be done with it.

Now Team 990 just needs to slap some sense into Marinaro before his ego inflates to the size of his appetite.

Bitterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:09 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.