HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Martin new second line

Old
12-15-2009, 11:27 AM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

vCash: 500
Martin new second line

line at practice today

Cammalleri-Plekanec-A. Kostitsyn
S. Kostitsyn-Gomez-D'Agostini
Pacioretty-Lapierre-Moen
Pyatt-Metropolit-Laraque

Hamrlik-Spacek
Gill-Gorges
Bergeron-O'Byrne

Extra : Markov

I'm not the biggest D'agostini fan but with Sergei and Gomez he should be able to shot the puck from great spot on the ice, this line needed a finisher so badly. And Metropolit on the 4th line awesome move

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/288208.html

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 11:29 AM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
Metropolit 4th line awesome move? He's 4th for goals and points on the team..

Last edited by Watsatheo: 12-15-2009 at 02:06 PM.
Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 11:32 AM
TinordiandSubban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
line at practice today

Cammalleri-Plekanec-A. Kostitsyn
S. Kostitsyn-Gomez-D'Agostini
Pacioretty-Lapierre-Moen
Pyatt-Metropolit-Laraque

Hamrlik-Spacek
Gill-Gorges
Bergeron-O'Byrne

Extra : Markov

I'm not the biggest D'agostini fan but with Sergei and Gomez he should be able to shot the puck from great spot on the ice, this line needed a finisher so badly. And Metropolit on the 4th line awesome move

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/288208.html
Metro on the fourth is punishment for taking stupid penalties late in the game.

If it gets him to stop doing that then yes it is an awesome move.

TinordiandSubban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
One Trick Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey View Post
Metropolit 4th line awesome move? Are you a mental patient? He's 4th for goals and points on the team..
But he takes bad penalties so now we all hate him

One Trick Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DDIHH

Quote:
Metropolit 4th line awesome move? Are you a mental patient? He's 4th for goals and points on the team..
Yeah but Martin send a message: "Don't become a MetroBegin or you'll get less ice time."

DDIHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 11:33 AM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
You missed the end of the last two games or what.

Old
12-15-2009, 11:33 AM
One Trick Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by inBobwetrust View Post
Metro on the fourth is punishment for taking stupid penalties late in the game.

If it gets him to stop doing that then yes it is an awesome move.
I don't see why he would take less penalties on the 4th line..

Old
12-15-2009, 11:35 AM

With Gionta & Pouliot around the corner and Sergei playing well with Gomez...This is D'Agostini's chance to determine whether or not he's going to be a spare part this year or be a key member of the Habs top 9 forwards this year.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 11:36 AM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliash View Post
Less icetime to take them in.

Glad to see d'Ago being put on the second line. Lapierre really doesn't belong there, and d'Ago has been in the coach's doghouse for... well, I'm not sure. Maybe getting someone on that line who can shoot well will help.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 11:36 AM
shutehinside

Quote:
Less ice time = less opportunity to take dumb penalties.

Martin said after the game last night that he can't properly discipline the players he wants due to all the injuries. Once he has a full roster, Markov, Gio, Pouliot etc back he can deal with a stronger fist.

shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 11:38 AM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
you know that the coach have to send message sometime???

Old
12-15-2009, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post

Glad to see d'Ago being put on the second line. Lapierre really doesn't belong there, and d'Ago has been in the coach's doghouse for... well, I'm not sure. Maybe getting someone on that line who can shoot well will help.
D'Agostinin was in the doghouse for alot of the same reasons Latendresse was in his doghouse as well as AK46 was.

He's not using his main assets which is his speed and shooting ability.

AK46 wasn't using his shot earlier in the year...he went down to the 4th line and started being alot more counscious about using his shot, result? Well you can see them now

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 11:39 AM
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
With Gionta & Pouliot around the corner and Sergei playing well with Gomez...This is D'Agostini's chance to determine whether or not he's going to be a spare part this year or be a key member of the Habs top 9 forwards this year.
Pretty much. If he can't secure a stop, I wouldn't be surprised to see him shipped outta town like Chipchura. Not that I think it's the best solution, but we're gonna have a logjam in our top 9 and D'Ags might be the odd man out.

Turtleneck Plek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 11:40 AM
saints96

Quote:
if you were metro and you know you got demoted to the fourth line because you ve been taking stupid penalties. Would you not start taking fewer penalties?? Self explanatory dont ya think?

saints96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 11:41 AM
zzoo

I like that second line. We need someone to shoot the puck.

zzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 11:43 AM
One Trick Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
Less ice time = less opportunity to take dumb penalties.

Martin said after the game last night that he can't properly discipline the players he wants due to all the injuries. Once he has a full roster, Markov, Gio, Pouliot etc back he can deal with a stronger fist.
I understand but it also means less goals/points, and it's bad considering he's one of our best scorers and was playing on a hot line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
you know that the coach have to send message sometime???
I'm pretty sure Metropolit himself knows that he took bad penalties, so I don't find a punishment necessary, as it won't teach him to not take penalties. And it's not like he takes a lot of them too, it just happened that he took 2 bad penalties that "cost" us 2 games in a row..

Old
12-15-2009, 11:45 AM
MathMan

Quote:
D'Agostinin was in the doghouse for alot of the same reasons Latendresse was in his doghouse as well as AK46 was.
The coach not knowing how to use a player?

Quote:
AK46 wasn't using his shot earlier in the year...he went down to the 4th line and started being alot more counscious about using his shot, result? Well you can see them now
Problem with this theory is, AK wasn't lacking for shooting back then, and is not really shooting more now. The puck going in is the big difference. He was shooting for 3% back when he was demoted. He's up to a more typical 12%, which tells you how hot his shooting has been over the last few games.

AK was going to start scoring the way he was playing, demoted to the 4th or not. Arguably, demoting him slowed down his recovery.

(Of course, to be fair to Martin, maybe he was demoted for things that didn't have to do with dearth of scoring, but judging from the coach's comments, that doesn't seem likely. Small wonder Andrei sarcastically suggested shooting from the red line.)

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
One Trick Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by saints96 View Post
if you were metro and you know you got demoted to the fourth line because you ve been taking stupid penalties. Would you not start taking fewer penalties?? Self explanatory dont ya think?
No.. he took 2 in the whole season people need to calm down. If we knew how to score we shouldn't worry about losing games by one goal always, or winning them by that margin too.. Some great players take bad penalties, I don,t see them getting demoted, especially if it's only for TWO of them.

Old
saints96

Quote:
I understand but it also means less goals/points, and it's bad considering he's one of our best scorers and was playing on a hot line.

I'm pretty sure Metropolit himself knows that he took bad penalties, so I don't find a punishment necessary, as it won't teach him to not take penalties. And it's not like he takes a lot of them too, it just happened that he took 2 bad penalties that "cost" us 2 games in a row..
thats 4 potential points we didnt get because of bad penalties. It hurt us.. im not saying were done, throw in the towel, but it did hurt us.

Old
12-15-2009, 11:48 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Anything that has Lapierre off the second line is a good thing.

Quote:
No.. he took 2 in the whole season people need to calm down. If we knew how to score we shouldn't worry about losing games by one goal always, or winning them by that margin too.. Some great players take bad penalties, I don,t see them getting demoted, especially if it's only for TWO of them.
If anyone needs to calm down it's you. It's not like this is a permanent thing but JM needs to send a message to Metro and the rest of the team that they can't be taking penalties that cost the team the game. Hell, Metro could be back playing with Moen and Pac during the next game but being put on the 4th line in practice and to start the next game should get the message across (hopefully).

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 11:48 AM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:

message for the team not only Metropolit, you can't take selfish penalties two time in a row at the end of a game.

I bet Metro was not the most popular player in the room yesterday

Old
12-15-2009, 11:49 AM
One Trick Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by saints96 View Post
thats 4 potential points we didnt get because of bad penalties. It hurt us.. im not saying were done, throw in the towel, but it did hurt us.
I don't know.. I mean.. we are one of the most penalized team in the league, but our PK saves us a lot of the times, but it's the first time this year that a player gets demoted because he was taking penalties.. I find it a little bit weird.. When a player takes a bad penalty in the 1st period and the other team scores, isn't that considered a bad penalty that could also cost us 2 points?

Old
12-15-2009, 11:49 AM
saints96

Quote:
Metro will not STAY on the 4th. If that were to happen however, then thats a bonehead move. Martin is not stupid, he's just sending Metro a message thats all, of course we need him on the 3rd alongside Pacthes and Moen. Metro will be back on the 3rd the game after.

Old
12-15-2009, 11:50 AM
One Trick Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Anything that has Lapierre off the second line is a good thing.

If anyone needs to calm down it's you. It's not like this is a permanent thing but JM needs to send a message to Metro and the rest of the team that they can't be taking penalties that cost the team the game. Hell, Metro could be back playing with Moen and Pac during the next game but being put on the 4th line in practice and to start the next game should get the message across (hopefully).
I'm not even angry, I just don't understand why we always have to blame ONE player for every loss.. that's it.

Old
12-15-2009, 11:51 AM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1340
Good changes. D'ago can score when given the chances, and Metro needs to get less icetime since it seems that's when he makes his biggest impact.

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote