HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sam Stop Whining!

Old
12-15-2009, 03:45 PM
dtrap

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to dtrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
have you? how is that relevant?
actually yes I have...NCAA Division 1...

my point is that...you are complain about something that every single play-by-play guy does...

it's a pretty standard thing to do...especially when said team writes your paychecks...

its Sam's job to explain why the team's record is so bad...not to make them sound worse...

dtrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 03:49 PM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrap View Post
actually yes I have...NCAA Division 1...

my point is that...you are complain about something that every single play-by-play guy does...

it's a pretty standard thing to do...especially when said team writes your paychecks...

its Sam's job to explain why the team's record is so bad...not to make them sound worse...

sorry, um no. I've listening to play by play my whole life and to Sam
for the last 15+ years I don't hear them repeating the same criticism all game long. maybe the NYR drove him to it, but Sam whines all the time now.

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 05:04 PM
satrabyk

I dont really care for our announcers. They do not bring enough in depth detail or anything any of us does not know. I mean they are so dreadfully politically correct, and i know they cannot be to critical for there sake, but cmon i mean i here analysts critique player much more than ours. The only thing they do is criticize obvious things but not the roots of the problem.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 05:09 PM
WheresBarnaby

This thread is pretty ridiculous. I guess Sam does whine a bit sometimes, but at least he's not wearing Ranger colored glasses. Nothing's worse than homer announcers, which brings us to Joe, and his wanting to have Gaboriks love child. Not saying I don't like Joe, but come on already.

I like them both, but Sam's a legend who's seen the Rangers at their best and worst, and Joe is just ok. I think Sam's just feels the same things we do except he can't yell about it during the game or come here, so perhaps it comes out as whining IDK. Either way nobody watching these games is happy, this thread is misdirected IMO. Who has Glenn Sather's number?

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 06:21 PM
allstar3970

Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
I dont really care for our announcers. They do not bring enough in depth detail or anything any of us does not know. I mean they are so dreadfully politically correct, and i know they cannot be to critical for there sake, but cmon i mean i here analysts critique player much more than ours. The only thing they do is criticize obvious things but not the roots of the problem.
I think we all wish for this, but it could be MUCH worse. Ours are definitely less homer-ish than a lot around the league.

Think we also have to keep in mind that the announcers have to pander towards the "casual fan" as they end up making up a lot of the TV viewership. This is not the hardcore fan that knows the game (or posts here) and often things need to be explained in simpler terms, even if its beating a dead horse to 99% of the posters here.

allstar3970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 06:43 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

I personally stopped watching MSG because here in Oklahoma they only play the road games on HD.

Only when they play the Pens, Bruins (the worst tandem in NHL history) or Devils or Florida (Goldberg is HORRIBLE), I force myself to watch non-HD MSG.

Sam is OK. I'm used to him. He's always been like this. In 1991, the Rangers closed out the season playing terribly and Sam would not shut up about how they needed to play more like the Giants LOL.

Anyway, I like watching the other guys to see how they scout the Rangers and also to hear what they say about players I'm interested in.

Micheletti is marginal and I'm not a fan of his on Rangers games. On national broadcasts I think he's good.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote