HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Has Halak requested a trade?

Old
12-15-2009, 04:49 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Year 101 View Post
Something I wouldn't take too seriously but albeit interesting.

http://*************.com/2009/12/aff...er-room-split/

This one is out of the bizarre rumor mill, however, a credible source told “thephillyfour” a possible affair could be the reason the Flyers locker room appears to be split this season.

According to the source Jeff Carter had an affair with Scott Hartnell’s wife and the entire locker room is split over the situation.

If this is true the question must be asked, could a trade of one of the two players be the only remedy for such a problem?

Also in other Flyers Wives gossip, Danny Brierre is rumored to be close to getting a divorce with his wife.

Too bad for Tiger Woods no one cares about hockey, this story could get just as ugly.
Schneider / Roy all over.

I guess they don't live by 'bros before hoe's"

If its the case, the odd man out is probably Hartnell, and that may be the reason why the lockeroom is divided, because some feel it should be Carter.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 04:50 PM
kovalost27

On the other hand: who needs a goalie? It seems that every team is pretty set.

kovalost27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 04:51 PM
InglewoodJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldmysoul2rocknroll View Post
but he obviously wants to be #1 and you have Price so aren't you afraid of losing him for nothing?
He's RFA. No one is loosing anyone.

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 04:52 PM
dfk711*
The real #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Year 101 View Post
Something I wouldn't take too seriously but albeit interesting.

http://*************.com/2009/12/aff...er-room-split/

This one is out of the bizarre rumor mill, however, a credible source told “thephillyfour” a possible affair could be the reason the Flyers locker room appears to be split this season.

According to the source Jeff Carter had an affair with Scott Hartnell’s wife and the entire locker room is split over the situation.

If this is true the question must be asked, could a trade of one of the two players be the only remedy for such a problem?

Also in other Flyers Wives gossip, Danny Brierre is rumored to be close to getting a divorce with his wife.

Too bad for Tiger Woods no one cares about hockey, this story could get just as ugly.
what?

Halak for Carter

dfk711* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 04:52 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
He has not really asked for a trade just to play more, whether here or somewhere else. I don't blame him, anyone would want to be able to play the most possible. I don't see Gainey move him unless the deal real makes sense for the Habs.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 04:54 PM
MELANDAN

I am a huge Price fan.... but I have often wondered if Montreal has ever treated a player worse than Halak . A few years ago he carried us down the stretch only to have Huet put in net the last game even though he had not played in a month due to injury . I saw one of the last games of the year when we beat Toronto and he was the first star . We honestly never really gave him a chance to prove himself . Maybe he should have a chance to shine somewhere else

MELANDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 05:04 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovalost27 View Post
On the other hand: who needs a goalie? It seems that every team is pretty set.
Nobody really needs him right now. However, GM's with a little foresight might see that snagging him now might not only give them their potential starter this year or in the next couple of years, but also save them a bundle. Don't forget that the cap will be doing in the next few years--Having a cheap yet effective goalie will be something highly sought after.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 05:04 PM
Year 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Schneider / Roy all over.

I guess they don't live by 'bros before hoe's"

If its the case, the odd man out is probably Hartnell, and that may be the reason why the lockeroom is divided, because some feel it should be Carter.
That could be the case, personally if I was in the lockerroom I would agree and want Carter out but that also raises the question if this were actually true would we want him in our lockerroom? He is a fantastic hockey player but as we have all learnt the locker room and player chemistry is extremely important

Year 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 05:05 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MELANDAN View Post
I am a huge Price fan.... but I have often wondered if Montreal has ever treated a player worse than Halak . A few years ago he carried us down the stretch only to have Huet put in net the last game even though he had not played in a month due to injury . I saw one of the last games of the year when we beat Toronto and he was the first star . We honestly never really gave him a chance to prove himself . Maybe he should have a chance to shine somewhere else
Wow over react much ? Halak goes to the rink to do his job, this is why they pay him $$. Have you ever had a boss ?

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 05:05 PM
Theosis
#freegalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfk711 View Post
what?

Halak for Carter
Halak + D'ago for Carter.

Theosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 05:07 PM
BeBen*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
Wow over react much ? Halak goes to the rink to do his job, this is why they pay him $$. Have you ever had a boss ?
How is he over reacting? this is just the undeniable truth that can be backed up by facts

He never had the chance to prove himself because he was always stuck behind someone else even if on short streaks he would save our ass over and over again

BeBen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 05:10 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeBen View Post
How is he over reacting? this is just the undeniable truth that can be backed up by facts

He never had the chance to prove himself because he was always stuck behind someone else even if on short streaks he would save our ass over and over again
Yawn, he doesn't have what it takes. Period !
He is not a #1 and will never be. He has one of the worst rebound controls i have ever seen. Besides he is a tad too small.

Old
12-15-2009, 05:16 PM
Habsfan18

Can a mod change the thread title to:

"Halak requests to start more games."

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 05:17 PM
Craig71

Halak has not yet had the responsibility of carrying a team, he has been the "backup" , but a good one, does that mean he can be a starter and carry the bulk of the workload? I question whether he can, even though he might not have gotten the respect some feel he might deserve, he has also managed to escape the mountain of pressure put on Carey Price, price plays a bad game and the sky is falling, halak plays a bad one and no biggie.....There are expectations with the number one job and very few with being a backup......Halak is a good goalie and a potential number one, but from where I stand, I see a goalie(Halak) with terrible puck skills (no confidence with the puck, makes our defence react differently on dump ins than when Price is playing.) He also has poor rebound control and a terrible time covering up the puck when he needs to(look back to last nights game). I wish him the best of luck, but I feel he has little trade value, maybe a prospect or draft pick....But definitely not Jeff Carter. Signed...Carey Prices Dad..

Craig71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 05:18 PM
Ghetto Sangria
The implication

Quote:
He is not a #1 and will never be. He has one of the worst rebound controls i have ever seen. Besides he is a tad too small.
He can be a number 1... but not a very consistent one. I am telling you, if we reversed the roles of price and Halak, Halak would be the scape goat. It is just common sense that with his rebound control, he will be so inconsistent. He might have a great year one year, then suck the next.

He might steal a game for us against SJ, standing on his head because he is athletic, but then his size and rebound control could have him losing to Carolina because they forcheck hard and stay in front of the net and score on the juicy rebounds he dishes.

Ghetto Sangria is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 05:18 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:

I kind of agree with both statements, the Habs do pay him to do a job which does pretty well for us. But at the same time, I've felt under appreciated in work place before, it's not cool.

But I agree with your statement as well since Halak was a HUGE reason we've made the playoffs (or been within a game) in the ONLY two seasons he's had stints as a starter. As a rookie (21, I think?) he came up and went 10-6. Unfortunately, he lost his last game against the Rags 5-2, but we still had a chance and Huet & Begin took care of that for us. .. and last year, he practically saved the season with his stint in February.

I'm all for trading Halak if gets us something to improve our team. If not, I'm sorry Jaro, but you need to be here since Price is, at this point in his career, inconsistent.

One Man Rock Band is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 05:19 PM
Brisk-Illusion

I do agree that Halak was never fully appreciated here, and that his career will probably get much better once he leaves Montreal,

That being said, there's never a good enough reason to let the press know you want to leave, if you want to request a trade, do it quietly.

Brisk-Illusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 05:19 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post

start more games request =trade me right now .........

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 05:20 PM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
He has not really asked for a trade just to play more, whether here or somewhere else. I don't blame him, anyone would want to be able to play the most possible. I don't see Gainey move him unless the deal real makes sense for the Habs.
Exactly, he didn't even confirm or deny that he requested a trade. He said he was happy here and that Carey is playing well and deserves to play.

...I guess that makes him a locker room cancer?

It would be a huge mistake to get rid of him... if we can get an impact player or unload a stupid contract, I'd be all for it, but not for a stupid 2nd rounder or future compensations.

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 05:20 PM
BeBen*

Quote:
5'11'' isint too far from 6', 6'1'' or 6'2'' which is the size of alot of starting goalies with good careers

So i don't buy the height argument

Rebounds well i think you exagerate by alot or don't remember David ''My pads are made of rubber'' Aebischer and he's still young, something that can be easily worked on.

BeBen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 05:23 PM
Habsfan18

www.tsn.ca/nhl

Look to the right. There's a video titled "Maybe I did, Maybe I didn't."

They talk to Halak and Cammy about the rumors.

I think Halak definitely does want out. He knows he won't get much playing time here with Carey.

So yeah, he probably did request a trade.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 05:26 PM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post

Or "Halak wants to play more".

But it basically equals "trade me". There's no way he gets #1 duties with a healthy Price on this team. Only if A. We never had Price or B. Price is injured, would Halak play more games then he has been lately.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 05:26 PM
Rickkins

Price has played well recently. I wonder what we could get for him...???

Rickkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 05:28 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
5'11'' isint too far from 6', 6'1'' or 6'2'' which is the size of alot of starting goalies with good careers

So i don't buy the height argument

Rebounds well i think you exagerate by alot or don't remember David ''My pads are made of rubber'' Aebischer and he's still young, something that can be easily worked on.
Wrong i am a coach and height counts. You are VERY wrong on this point.

Why the hell are you bringing Abeischer in the arguement ? I am now confused.

Old
12-15-2009, 05:28 PM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisk-Illusion View Post
I do agree that Halak was never fully appreciated here, and that his career will probably get much better once he leaves Montreal,

That being said, there's never a good enough reason to let the press know you want to leave, if you want to request a trade, do it quietly.
Gainey has also given out some details about the situation as well, which is surprising since he almost never does that.

These talks need to remain behind closed doors. Otherwise, the media and us fans on HF and around the world, will blow this right out of the water.

BTW your avi made me LOL.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote