HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"Thunderstruck" - 12.15.09 - Tampa Bay at Nashville 7:00 CST

Old
12-15-2009, 09:23 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

vCash: 500
Vinny with another goal, do we give up another?

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 09:23 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

So far ten goals and three fights. Think anyone at Versus is kicking him or herself over not airing this game?

edit: make that eleven

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 09:26 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Ugh. I hope jones is ok

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 09:26 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Woooo Erat!

Old
12-15-2009, 09:31 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
Woooo Erat!

Woot. How did he score?

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 09:36 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
Woot. How did he score?
No clue, was away and just came back to hear Crispy saying Erat scored

Gotta go for lunch, go Preds

Old
12-15-2009, 09:37 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
Woot. How did he score?
He shot the puck it got past the goalie into the net and the red light went on

Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 09:41 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

i *love* it when we get outshot at home

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 09:48 PM
OpenWheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
He shot the puck it got past the goalie into the net and the red light went on
Are you saying he shot the puck and good things happened?

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 09:50 PM
OpenWheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conando View Post
i *love* it when we get outshot at home
Not if you count blocks and misses. And not if you count 'in net' rather then just 'on net'. And on net was even over the second and third, even though we had a lead to protect a bit. First period was like 13-6 though...

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 09:59 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Don't look now, but after 34 games for each team Nashville is only two points behind Conference-leading San Jose. Let's hope the Hawks lose the in-hand games.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 10:03 PM
irisheyes555

thought we were headed for another one of these when it got to be 6-2. remember the calgary coach got fined for sending the goon squad out when they were down a couple of scores with 3 seconds left.

irisheyes555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 10:16 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I remember that brawl....one of the few times, the other being the Bertuzzi incident, where I was infuriated as a fan.

12-15-2009, 11:15 PM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
They needed Tootoo in this game in a bad way to take care of some of the crap that was happening on the ice. Trotz just couldn't put Belak out there to make amends. He did how ever put him out there to finish the game...

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 12:32 AM
predfan24

I wasn't able to make it to the game so I had a few questions for those that were there.

1. I watched the highlights of the game on the Preds offical Website. Peks looked really awkward on the goals he gave up. Did he have an off night?

2. I saw he had an assist which is awesome but how did Spaling fair in his all around game.

Lastly, 15K on a Tues against Tampa? How the hell did that happen? Hopefully we can keep that up a bit more from here on out.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 01:35 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Don't look now, but after 34 games for each team Nashville is only two points behind Conference-leading San Jose. Let's hope the Hawks lose the in-hand games.
We're two points back of the Sharks, but they aren't in first place anymore. Not that I blame you: the Kings being first just feels weird.

We scored seven goals. Seven goals. I will not complain about anything that happened in tonight's game.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 04:38 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Great second/third periods. First, not so much. Tampa really came out hard and fast, almost like they were trying to get a jump on a team that should be tired from playing a tough divisional game the night before... (like we should have done to Detroit, yes I'm still a little upset).

I don't know what they did or said in the lockerroom after the first period, but man the second period was awesome. The pucks were just going into the net. Almost every loose puck a Pred player got to and put it towards the net. Guys just chipped pucks toward the net that went in, tips went in, point shots went right in. Nitty and Smith looked bad. We almost had another, the puck got past Nittymaki and was rolling towards the line and a TB player swept it away just as it got to the line.

During the first intermission people in the hallway were all mad and complaining about how bad the team looked. What a difference 20 minutes can make! Second intermission everyone's laughing and talking about getting a frosty.

Totally sat back in the third period. They went back to trying to make the cute passes and going for the pretty goal, resulting in turnovers going the other way. Next thing you know it's 6-4. Tampa was pressing but Erat's very timely goal took all their life away.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 05:54 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
We're two points back of the Sharks, but they aren't in first place anymore. Not that I blame you: the Kings being first just feels weird.

We scored seven goals. Seven goals. I will not complain about anything that happened in tonight's game.
I can really only say two things:

1. Stamkos is very good. Easily the best player last night on a team that features MSL and VLC. Of course, part of that is that he looked like the only one interested in playing.

2. Victor Hedman was taking dirty, cheap shots all night, and on top of that wasn't doing anything special defensively. Kurtis Foster impressed me more.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 08:20 AM
WartracePred

Cup of coffee, highlights from last night, and a quick peek at the Western Conference standings and my day has started rather nicely.

Take a look back to our first few weeks in October and tell me how the hell we wind up at the top of the conference standings. I know, I know, we'll likely hit the skids at some point. But we are building a little separation from the teams that will be fighting for a spot in the playoffs.

One final note -- I am four hours from Nashville and didn't get to the game last night, but I am having a frosty today!!!

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 09:04 AM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
I wasn't able to make it to the game so I had a few questions for those that were there.

1. I watched the highlights of the game on the Preds offical Website. Peks looked really awkward on the goals he gave up. Did he have an off night?

2. I saw he had an assist which is awesome but how did Spaling fair in his all around game.

Lastly, 15K on a Tues against Tampa? How the hell did that happen? Hopefully we can keep that up a bit more from here on out.
1. I wouldn't really say an off night. The first goal was a breakaway and I think he thought Stamkos was going to tip it or try and chip it and overplayed/overthought the play. The second goal was just an absolute blast from Vinny. The third goal from Foster, he was completely screened on the play. Still might should have saved it though... The fourth goal was Vinny on a breakaway -- I have always said you can't fault a goalie for allowing a goal on a breakaway, but he did look kind of awkward against Vinny.

2. He played a good gritty game. He was throwing some hits out there and showed his speed. Each breakout pass to him in the middle of the ice with speed he received them well and got the puck out to his wings to break into the zone with speed. I didn't really see much from him on the offensive end in terms of his shot. But I don't remember seeing him look lost like Smithson/Fiddler/Nichol always did.

3. Do not quote me on the attendance, but I think the night was a comp'd night. Not a lot of them, but I do think there were some. But either way, people in Nashville would rather see Tampa play than Toronto...

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 09:06 AM
Jonesey
Sons of Anarchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by utmfisher19 View Post
1. I wouldn't really say an off night. The first goal was a breakaway and I think he thought Stamkos was going to tip it or try and chip it and overplayed/overthought the play. The second goal was just an absolute blast from Vinny. The third goal from Foster, he was completely screened on the play. Still might should have saved it though... The fourth goal was Vinny on a breakaway -- I have always said you can't fault a goalie for allowing a goal on a breakaway, but he did look kind of awkward against Vinny.

2. He played a good gritty game. He was throwing some hits out there and showed his speed. Each breakout pass to him in the middle of the ice with speed he received them well and got the puck out to his wings to break into the zone with speed. I didn't really see much from him on the offensive end in terms of his shot. But I don't remember seeing him look lost like Smithson/Fiddler/Nichol always did.

3. Do not quote me on the attendance, but I think the night was a comp'd night. Not a lot of them, but I do think there were some. But either way, people in Nashville would rather see Tampa play than Toronto...

I'm sure the 2 for tuesdays was a big help with attendance. The upper bowl was pretty filled, the closest seats to mine were in row J, which is up at the top.

Jonesey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 09:37 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

There was a definite "i don't normally come to games" vibe among a lot of the people there. A lot of people not really paying attention except when goals were scored, and I'd estimate that 3-4000 left the game with 10 minutes to go. What can ya do.

That Stamkos goal was a near mirror image of the Bertuzzi breakaway on Saturday. Seems like "slowing it down" is the way to beat Pekka...either in the speed of approach, or the shot itself. Both of those goals came via backhand "slips"

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 09:53 AM
Soundgarden

Man, I can't find decent highlights, the ones at TSN kinda suck, and I couldn't get them at NHL. Seems like a good game, but I wouldn't know, because I watched the mighty Pens beat the awesome Flyers.

Soundgarden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 09:58 AM
Pattypred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
Man, I can't find decent highlights, the ones at TSN kinda suck, and I couldn't get them at NHL. Seems like a good game, but I wouldn't know, because I watched the mighty Pens beat the awesome Flyers.
Try the Predators website. I believe they have highlights available.

Pattypred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 10:13 AM
Soundgarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattypred View Post
Try the Predators website. I believe they have highlights available.
Thanks, I found them.

Soundgarden is online now   Reply With Quote