HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Teemu Lassila

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-21-2004, 10:06 PM
  #1
bruins4777*
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,282
vCash: 500
Teemu Lassila

What do you think of this guy? I haven't seen him play, but according to hockeys future he seems fairly average. His numbers look good, so i don't see why he's rated so low? I know numbers don't always tell the story with netminders, but i dunno anybody seen him and what do you think?

bruins4777* is offline  
Old
12-22-2004, 12:17 AM
  #2
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,027
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruins4777
What do you think of this guy? I haven't seen him play, but according to hockeys future he seems fairly average. His numbers look good, so i don't see why he's rated so low? I know numbers don't always tell the story with netminders, but i dunno anybody seen him and what do you think?

HF, no disrespect toward them, didn't really have the exposure to him to write about him. Everything we've heard from Nashville goaltending coach Mitch Korn is that this kid is a stud and should be in North America very soon. Finnish fans also speak highly of him, calling him one of the top goalies in the entire finnish elite league. Most of us are pretty excited about him, and some believe he'll pass Finley in a manner similar to Vokoun passing Dunham.

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
12-22-2004, 03:26 AM
  #3
Raimo Sillanpää
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Espoo, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,202
vCash: 500
many G's develop late, so don't worry if people aren't high on him.

He has the potential to be an nhl number 1, and so far so good, he's on the right track.

Pekka Rinne has also been surprisingly good this season, Nashvile could have problems of too many G's in the not too distant future.

Raimo Sillanpää is online now  
Old
12-22-2004, 05:43 AM
  #4
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,027
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimo Sillanpää
many G's develop late, so don't worry if people aren't high on him.

He has the potential to be an nhl number 1, and so far so good, he's on the right track.

Pekka Rinne has also been surprisingly good this season, Nashvile could have problems of too many G's in the not too distant future.


I wish Rinne got more playing time, but being behind Backstrom can do that to you

Korn was complimentary of him too, but he said he wasn't quite as far along or polished as Lassila.

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
12-22-2004, 05:43 AM
  #5
Diaboli
Registered User
 
Diaboli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: City once voted as F
Posts: 1,371
vCash: 500
It might get tough fo Lassila, though. It's rumored, that if TPS won't get Recchi, they'll take Luongo, Biron or Lalime.

Diaboli is offline  
Old
12-22-2004, 05:53 AM
  #6
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,027
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diaboli
It might get tough fo Lassila, though. It's rumored, that if TPS won't get Recchi, they'll take Luongo, Biron or Lalime.

uggh. it's great that you guys get so many NHLers, but it really stinks that so many native kids are getting screwed out of jobs by it. Who is Vokoun replacing for HIFK?

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
12-22-2004, 06:52 AM
  #7
Diaboli
Registered User
 
Diaboli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: City once voted as F
Posts: 1,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
uggh. it's great that you guys get so many NHLers, but it really stinks that so many native kids are getting screwed out of jobs by it. Who is Vokoun replacing for HIFK?
A 26-year old Canadien called Dave Stathos. He sucked in the post-season last year, and hasn't really done anything special this year either. So no prospects were "hurt" via this.

It's quite funny, that HIFK got Vokoun for almost the same salary, they were paying Stathos.

I don't really see that the lockout has affected that much the Finnish prospects playing time. I mean, we don't really have THAT many big NHL'ers here. Sweden on the other hand is going to be in big trouble, if they won't start giving more icetime to their prospects.

Diaboli is offline  
Old
12-24-2004, 04:44 AM
  #8
1897
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Helsinki
Posts: 29
vCash: 500
Stathos was brutal in the playoffs two years in a row, so it wasn't a big surprise to see him being bought out of his contract. Still, I think we can add one more player to the club of bitter North Americans, who are pissed off because of the NHLers "stealing" their jobs in Europe.

But I can't wait to see Vokoun in action, one of the best goalies in the NHL, and most certainly won't choke in the playoffs. The cup is ours! Hopefully his arrival will boost Zidlicky's play too.

1897 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:22 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.