HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Teemu Lassila

Closed Thread

Old
12-21-2004, 10:06 PM
bruins4777*

vCash: 500
Teemu Lassila

What do you think of this guy? I haven't seen him play, but according to hockeys future he seems fairly average. His numbers look good, so i don't see why he's rated so low? I know numbers don't always tell the story with netminders, but i dunno anybody seen him and what do you think?

Old
12-22-2004, 12:17 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruins4777
What do you think of this guy? I haven't seen him play, but according to hockeys future he seems fairly average. His numbers look good, so i don't see why he's rated so low? I know numbers don't always tell the story with netminders, but i dunno anybody seen him and what do you think?

HF, no disrespect toward them, didn't really have the exposure to him to write about him. Everything we've heard from Nashville goaltending coach Mitch Korn is that this kid is a stud and should be in North America very soon. Finnish fans also speak highly of him, calling him one of the top goalies in the entire finnish elite league. Most of us are pretty excited about him, and some believe he'll pass Finley in a manner similar to Vokoun passing Dunham.

Old
12-22-2004, 03:26 AM
Raimo Sillanpää

many G's develop late, so don't worry if people aren't high on him.

He has the potential to be an nhl number 1, and so far so good, he's on the right track.

Pekka Rinne has also been surprisingly good this season, Nashvile could have problems of too many G's in the not too distant future.

Old
12-22-2004, 05:43 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimo Sillanpää
many G's develop late, so don't worry if people aren't high on him.

He has the potential to be an nhl number 1, and so far so good, he's on the right track.

Pekka Rinne has also been surprisingly good this season, Nashvile could have problems of too many G's in the not too distant future.

I wish Rinne got more playing time, but being behind Backstrom can do that to you

Korn was complimentary of him too, but he said he wasn't quite as far along or polished as Lassila.

Old
12-22-2004, 05:43 AM
Diaboli

It might get tough fo Lassila, though. It's rumored, that if TPS won't get Recchi, they'll take Luongo, Biron or Lalime.

Old
12-22-2004, 05:53 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diaboli
It might get tough fo Lassila, though. It's rumored, that if TPS won't get Recchi, they'll take Luongo, Biron or Lalime.

uggh. it's great that you guys get so many NHLers, but it really stinks that so many native kids are getting screwed out of jobs by it. Who is Vokoun replacing for HIFK?

Old
12-22-2004, 06:52 AM
Diaboli

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
uggh. it's great that you guys get so many NHLers, but it really stinks that so many native kids are getting screwed out of jobs by it. Who is Vokoun replacing for HIFK?
A 26-year old Canadien called Dave Stathos. He sucked in the post-season last year, and hasn't really done anything special this year either. So no prospects were "hurt" via this.

It's quite funny, that HIFK got Vokoun for almost the same salary, they were paying Stathos.

I don't really see that the lockout has affected that much the Finnish prospects playing time. I mean, we don't really have THAT many big NHL'ers here. Sweden on the other hand is going to be in big trouble, if they won't start giving more icetime to their prospects.

Old
12-24-2004, 04:44 AM

Stathos was brutal in the playoffs two years in a row, so it wasn't a big surprise to see him being bought out of his contract. Still, I think we can add one more player to the club of bitter North Americans, who are pissed off because of the NHLers "stealing" their jobs in Europe.

But I can't wait to see Vokoun in action, one of the best goalies in the NHL, and most certainly won't choke in the playoffs. The cup is ours! Hopefully his arrival will boost Zidlicky's play too.

Closed Thread