HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

EKLUND: Flyers on the brink of pulling trigger on MAJOR deal

Old
12-16-2009, 04:14 PM
IrishSniper87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
I thought everyone hates the Flyers.

How many trades have been posted over on the main with at least one Flyer, since we've started this skid.
Every other thread, at least.

All of them have us underselling Carter or flat out GIVING AWAY Giroux or JVR.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 04:17 PM
Wolfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
You aren't a Flyers fan and this is a Flyers board. That's was ****ing wrong you little pissant. This is our place to rant and rave. Not yours. Even you want to follow the progress of a single player, that's fine. But you can do it on the main board like everyone else who wants to discuss the play of a single player. Just create an OKT thread and hope that someone else comes to discuss a mediocre 7th d-man with you. You post in here because you have what is tantamount to a captive audience. But piss off because this is for fans of the team. You aren't a fan. So you don't get to post here day in and day out.
Your idea obviously failed already. Being a flyers fan doesn't mean I have to say how great the team is in every post. More crap coming from you and you hit my ignore list.

Wolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 04:19 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post

Meh. Most of the ones where we're basically getting ripped off are stupid Montreal proposals anyway.

Quote:
You aren't a Flyers fan and this is a Flyers board. That's was ****ing wrong you little pissant. This is our place to rant and rave. Not yours. Even you want to follow the progress of a single player, that's fine. But you can do it on the main board like everyone else who wants to discuss the play of a single player. Just create an OKT thread and hope that someone else comes to discuss a mediocre 7th d-man with you. You post in here because you have what is tantamount to a captive audience. But piss off because this is for fans of the team. You aren't a fan. So you don't get to post here day in and day out.
Yeah, I don't mind a person choosing a team based on the players (or in this case player) that person likes, but he doesn't even root for the team. He roots for Tollefsen. There's a big difference between the two.

I wouldn't even mind it either if he was at least sane in his comments, but every other post he makes seems either deluded or ********.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 04:20 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Isn't it fun when everyone is now at each other throats being dumbasses?

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 04:20 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
Your idea obviously failed already. Being a flyers fan doesn't mean I have to say how great the team is in every post. More crap coming from you and you hit my ignore list.
Of course not. The rest of us are fans, have you seen anyone praise this team in a month? They ****ing blow and I bleed O&B.

You, sir, are not a fan. It's not because you don't blow the team in every post. You only care about one player and it's wearing thin on a lot of people who would kill for this organization.

Ex Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 04:23 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
It has nothing to do with the positive or negative nature of your comments. YOU AREN'T A ****ING FLYERS FAN YOU IGNORANT ****!

Every post you make could be rosy and optimistic but it doesn't change the fact that you should not be here because you aren't a fan of the team. Hell, you seem to like the Pens more than the Flyers in half your posts. Go away. Discuss OKT on a general board. Don't do it here.

Please ignore me. I'll still post witty comments after yours posts and others that you did not ignore will quote said comments and you'll have to see them anyway.

Go away. I say again, go away. This is the Flyers board. You are not a Flyers fan. I did take formal logic but I am assuming that you could see the logical connections here as well. You need to go back to the island of misfit ****.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 04:24 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Isn't it fun when everyone is now at each other throats being dumbasses?
Yeah, it is Mr. "I can't even spell Philadelphia correctly in a downright awful trade proposal I posted on the main board for everyone to see".

It's great being at each others throats.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 04:25 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Yeah, it is Mr. "I can't even spell Philadelphia correctly in a downright awful trade proposal I posted on the main board for everyone to see".

It's great being at each others throats.

Meh. I make mistakes. I'm human. For that proposal, I posted it, regretted it, unsubscribed to it in the first 11 posts.

Old
12-16-2009, 04:38 PM
captainpaxil

Quote:

the most frustrating part is watching guys undersell great players and i have to admit im guilty of it as well.

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 04:47 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
It has nothing to do with the positive or negative nature of your comments. YOU AREN'T A ****ING FLYERS FAN YOU IGNORANT ****!

Every post you make could be rosy and optimistic but it doesn't change the fact that you should not be here because you aren't a fan of the team. Hell, you seem to like the Pens more than the Flyers in half your posts. Go away. Discuss OKT on a general board. Don't do it here.

Please ignore me. I'll still post witty comments after yours posts and others that you did not ignore will quote said comments and you'll have to see them anyway.

Go away. I say again, go away. This is the Flyers board. You are not a Flyers fan. I did take formal logic but I am assuming that you could see the logical connections here as well. You need to go back to the island of misfit ****.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 04:47 PM
Wolfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
Of course not. The rest of us are fans, have you seen anyone praise this team in a month? They ****ing blow and I bleed O&B.

You, sir, are not a fan. It's not because you don't blow the team in every post. You only care about one player and it's wearing thin on a lot of people who would kill for this organization.
Of course I care about him more than I care about the team, it's only natural. Let's just put it the other way. If I'm not a flyers fan I wouldn't care much about him either. Now end this silly discussion and stay on topic, I'm not going anywhere.

Old
12-16-2009, 04:49 PM
SolidSnakeUS

...Can we close this thread? It's almost becoming civil war on this thread.

Old
12-16-2009, 04:51 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Quote:
Of course I care about him more than I care about the team, it's only natural. Let's just put it the other way. If I'm not a flyers fan I wouldn't care much about him either. Now end this silly discussion and stay on topic, I'm not going anywhere.
But that isn't the case? You're his friend. You have one motivation for being here. That would be fine if you just posted some random inside info posts. But you preach things like you're a fan of the team and know them better than we do. It's getting under almost everyone's skin.

Don't go anywhere, doesn't matter to me. It's entertaining watching people cut you down.

Ex Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 04:51 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
...Can we close this thread? It's almost becoming civil war on this thread.
You werent here during the Carcillo vs Upshall thing. NOW THAT was a civil war . Ahh good times good times.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 04:55 PM
Valhoun*

Quote:
Of course I care about him more than I care about the team, it's only natural.
Dude, seriously, that's like serial killer logic.

Old
12-16-2009, 04:56 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
You werent here during the Carcillo vs Upshall thing. NOW THAT was a civil war . Ahh good times good times.
Still, something like this shouldn't be just going. If this was closed, it can help with dealing with the yelling and complaining about each other. I was kind of there for it, but I didn't pay close enough attention. Now considering everyone is at each others' throats on a thread about a rumor, it makes it worse. I know there is tension, but we need to just calm down, put our heads down... and maybe let a one-cheek-sneak out and laugh a bit .

Old
12-16-2009, 05:21 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Still, something like this shouldn't be just going. If this was closed, it can help with dealing with the yelling and complaining about each other. I was kind of there for it, but I didn't pay close enough attention. Now considering everyone is at each others' throats on a thread about a rumor, it makes it worse. I know there is tension, but we need to just calm down, put our heads down... and maybe let a one-cheek-sneak out and laugh a bit .
Well it was an Eklund rumour so there wasn't much to talk about in the first place. It's not like his rumours ever have any legs to stand to on.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 05:31 PM
Valhoun*

http://hockeybuzzhogwash.com/rumourgen.htm

Old
12-16-2009, 05:31 PM
Black Ice

If you guys keep fighting a rumor will start that you're sleeping with each other's wives.

Black Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 05:33 PM
Valhoun*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Ice View Post
If you guys keep fighting a rumor will start that you're sleeping with each other's wives.
You mean "having prayer meetings."

Old
12-16-2009, 05:39 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
I heard Ed Snider is stepping in and trading Homer for Kovalchuk and also the Phoenix Coyotes and he is going to merge the Flyers and the Coyotes and then build the complete Death Star out of LEGOS that he got for his birthday.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 05:39 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Quote:
Bwhaha

yessssssss!

I'm going to start a rumor site now.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 05:40 PM
Wolfy

Quote:
Well I'm always laughing, try it...you'll live longer. I'm also very cool, takes a lot to get wolfy off balance, guess it comes with my job

The rumors are interesting, because it's next in line for Homer. If a change of the coaching staff failed there isn't much else he can do.

Old
12-16-2009, 05:58 PM
BackWithaVengeance

vCash: 50
Trade Braydon Coburn for Peter Mueller.

Trade Jeff Carter for T.J. Oshie and Barret Jackman/Jarret Stoll and Jack Johnson or Ryan Kesler and Kevin Bieksa (these 2 would probably need more coming the other way).

There you have your desperation moves and a major shake-up.

BackWithaVengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 06:09 PM
Jester

Anyone advocating trading for Kovalchuk: he's on an expiring contract and looking at massive money...and there's no guarantee you're going to re-sign him. Want no part of that.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote