HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tortorella leans heavily on Rangers' top-six forwards

Old
12-16-2009, 01:22 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Has this team ever tanked? I can't ever remember being in the bottom 3 unless it was pre 1980's.
I'm just talk 4 other teams have the same number of points. And 7 points out of 5th. Tanking may not be all that easy.

12-16-2009, 01:57 PM
LamoTheKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
First of all, that gif is one of the dumbest looking things I've ever seen. Secondly, I don't see how pointing out that this team does not look good enough to make the playoffs translates into we should tank.
Take a look at the avatar. And I like the gif considering how smug all of this "TANK OR WE'LL BE MEDIOCRE" garbage thats being thrown around here.

And Singin, agreed, plus we have this Hank guy, who I really dont see willingly going along with a lose philosophy.

LamoTheKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 04:57 PM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by LamoTheKid View Post
Take a look at the avatar. And I like the gif considering how smug all of this "TANK OR WE'LL BE MEDIOCRE" garbage thats being thrown around here.

And Singin, agreed, plus we have this Hank guy, who I really dont see willingly going along with a lose philosophy.
You raise a good point, but I still find that gif kind of gross would appreciate not having to see it all over threads in the next couple of days.

I don't think the issue is that people want players to purposely lose games. That'd be kind of ridiculous (unless you're Pittsburgh ). I think the issue is that if the Rangers are going to suck, then fans might as well hope they suck badly enough to get a top pick instead of this missing the playoffs and picking 12 and later crap.

Zil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 05:21 PM
Nick00

Quote:
Originally Posted by LamoTheKid View Post

I don't know of a single poster here who wants the team to intentionally lose all of their games this season.
If there are a few, point them out specifically so that they can at least respond.
All that I see are fans begging for a proper rebuild, and maybe a top 5 pick when (and if) we're clearly out of the playoff picture.
I don't understand why fans who want us to sell and start over are less "true" or dedicated and should be bashed in every thread.

Nick00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 06:50 PM
turcotte8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
I think the issue is that if the Rangers are going to suck, then fans might as well hope they suck badly enough to get a top pick instead of this missing the playoffs and picking 12 and later crap.
Exactly.
Would you rather have made the playoffs last year and lose to Washington like we did or would you rather finish last and have Tavares or Hedman this year and for possibly the next decade?
I'd rather have the higher pick if we are not a legitimate contender for the Cup, which we are not.

turcotte8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 09:46 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
He's in a tough spot. If he overplays the top forwards now because the team is so top-heavy and that's where the most skill is (because he's under pressure to win now), then he'll exhaust these guys and they'll have nothing left come spring.

If he distributes the ice time more evenly in an effort to prevent running them into the ground, then the ice time has to go to guys who are much less likely to score. With all the pressure to win now can you blame him for being reluctant to put them on the ice as much?

This is the problem of a team with little depth.

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 10:37 PM
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR94 View Post
He's in a tough spot. If he overplays the top forwards now because the team is so top-heavy and that's where the most skill is (because he's under pressure to win now), then he'll exhaust these guys and they'll have nothing left come spring.

If he distributes the ice time more evenly in an effort to prevent running them into the ground, then the ice time has to go to guys who are much less likely to score. With all the pressure to win now can you blame him for being reluctant to put them on the ice as much?

This is the problem of a team with little depth.
The easy answer would be to not expect to win. But if all a franchise does is shoot for a playoff appearance, well they dig their own grave.

Does Dolan value the principles of good business? Of course he does. He just delegates to Sather. No big revolt has appeared from the fans, so he continues.

Why wouldn't he, after all he is making money.

Oops...sorry. Wrong thread. I'm just so sick of the name Sather, like he is here forever.

Last edited by trilobyte: 12-16-2009 at 10:58 PM. Reason: wrong thread
trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote