HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Another tough loss...2-1 Devils

Old
12-16-2009, 08:41 PM
totalrecall

vCash: 500
Bright side, no shutout Brody,

I am somewhat happy

totalrecall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 08:42 PM
Hab-a-maniac

Leafs look like they're going to lose. Say the Panthers get at least a point in addition and we'll have the third worst winning % in the NHL after tonight's action. A few other teams also sit two games below .500 but with fewer games (Rangers at 33, Tampa at 33). Toronto's barely worse and Carolina has locked up the cellar for a while. People, this is no longer about holding onto 8th, it's about staying out of 14th. It's a dire situation that will spiral out of control unless we win tomorrow and then face down the Islanders and beat them in a huge game, almost a must-win at this point. They're better than us, if you didn't know. Now, with Gionta and Markov we are much better than this but still nowhere near dangerous enough to think of anything above 7th or 8th in the weak-ass Eastern Conf. Something's gotta give, one way or the other because we're on pace for a sadsack 78 pts. right now.

Hab-a-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Corgidequebec

That game was brutal. Price ruins a good performance with his patented "bad glove on shot over crossbar" move, Defense looks old and slow, offense looks young and boring. What a snooze-fest.

This experiment is exploding. Unfortunately it's time for Bob to go.

Corgidequebec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Randomhero

If MAB took a step forward and stuck his stick out, we would have gotten atleast a point!

Randomhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Leafs are coming back

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
holyhabs87

vCash: 2009
1 point tonight, 1 point monday. 1 point vs the caps at home where we lost in a shootout. 1 point vs the pens last week. i guess we can count the game vs the thrashers on saturday. thats 5 points.

what other games have we blown late that cost us at least 1 point?

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 08:43 PM
scottyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
For nearly 8 million a year he should be able to do more then what he has regardless of his linemates
Gomez has been playing bad but i never understand why people call him an 8 million dollard man when he's really closer to 7 million. Stop pulling L'antichambres.

scottyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 08:44 PM
bhuya71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
Plekanec???
yes plek but we can't consider him a franchise player...i am talking about a big center who uses his skill plus his body...and i am not convinced that pleks will be this awesome in the po's i am not being a pessimist i am just saying he can't control the boards as well as other big centers and won't always be able to do his little bank if off the boards thing he does without eventually being crushed...but i mean a franchise forward aka young...non cap restricting and ppg well before prime but thats me dreaming

bhuya71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

What a boring game,Habs didn't even try to win this one and Price well tonight kind of screwed it up.Ah well don't think it's going to be much better tomorrow night since the Wild are in town

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Puckclektr

Quote:
For nearly 8 million a year he should be able to do more then what he has regardless of his linemates
He is overpaid. But in Gomez's situation he is usless without good linemates. He makes linemates better and some just dont' have the hockey sense to play with Gomez. Gomez can't score worth ****, but when he was a Devil he was one of the better playmakers in the league.

Puckclektr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Magnum Crackoff

Price is not ready to be a good goaltender so lets tank this year. We'll miss the playoffs anyways... I truely hate the Habs, year after years they crap in my hands.

Yet I'm a hab fan....

Magnum Crackoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 08:45 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Sucks that CP's brain fart cost us at least a point. If he wants to go from a "good young goalie" to "one of the best in the NHL" he needs to stop giving up brain fart goals.

That being said, neither team deserved to win tonight, boring f#$%ing trapfest. Except for 2-3 dangerous shots I don't think the goalies would have needed a shower.

Not sure what it is with the one sided penalities the last few games, because our PK is doing well does it mean that we need to get called for 5 borderline F%^$#ing calls per game? How come White can get away with taking 12 strides and jumping to hit Pacioretty then cross checking another player into the boards and get no call? If that was one of our players he'd have sat twice.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyG View Post
Gomez has been playing bad but i never understand why people call him an 8 million dollard man when he's really closer to 7 million. Stop pulling L'antichambres.
7 million 8 million whats a million amongst friends haha
for what its worth he shouldn't be making more then 4 or 5 at beast

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
What a boring game,Habs didn't even try to win this one and Price well tonight kind of screwed it up.Ah well don't think it's going to be much better tomorrow night since the Wild are in town
The fact that Latendresse will be in town will make this game funny. I can't wait to see what people have to say.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 08:46 PM
Hab-a-maniac

Thinking back, this is easily the Habs worst record by mid-December since 2000-01. Bravo on the 5 year plan Gainey. And Martin comes with a big resume but sucks as much as inexperienced Carbo and AHL graduates Julien and Therrien. Since winning the cup our only decent coach seems to have been Alain Vigneault.

Hab-a-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Montreal Typical

Quote:
There can be a difference between a player's actual salary and his cap hit. Gomez is making eight million dollars this year.

Montreal Typical is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
Quote:
7 million 8 million whats a million amongst friends haha
for what its worth he should be making more then 4 or 5 at beast
Beast agrees.

4-5 reasonable money for third line centre to make.

Beast go sleep now.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 08:47 PM
e3263518

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar View Post
This is a team that knows how to win...talking about the devils of course.

They've played like this forever. This is why this organisation is so succesful, because no matter who steps into the ice, they play a system that simply doesn't fail, at all.
You said it mister.

e3263518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
nnynetpotato

No comment on the absolutely horrid error by Plekanec on the winner?

That was BB Midget defending.Jump on the ice,chase the puckcarrier, and let a guy skate by you on the boards.

nnynetpotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Stradale

Quote:
Forget it, thats the best we can get of Gomez now. Gomez can go 10 games without a point but he is skating well with the puck!!! And great defensively!!!

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 08:48 PM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
Because his salary this season is exactly $8,000,000

GoodKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Puckclektr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Sucks that CP's brain fart cost us at least a point. If he wants to go from a "good young goalie" to "one of the best in the NHL" he needs to stop giving up brain fart goals.

That being said, neither team deserved to win tonight, boring f#$%ing trapfest. Except for 2-3 dangerous shots I don't think the goalies would have needed a shower.

Not sure what it is with the one sided penalities the last few games, because our PK is doing well does it mean that we need to get called for 5 borderline F%^$#ing calls per game? How come White can get away with taking 12 strides and jumping to hit Pacioretty then cross checking another player into the boards and get no call? If that was one of our players he'd have sat twice.
Don't use that excuse. It went both ways. There were a few times where there should have been calls on Montreal and there wasn't. Perfect example was Andy Greene skating around his own net and then getting tripped in front of Marty. Pretty obvious non call.

Puckclektr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NoWhammyCammy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
yeah a top pick will give us a cup
in the long run , yes ... do you prefer Gomez , Spacek , D'agostini ? or a guy like Jeff Carter , Niclas Backstrom , Peter Mueller (8TH pick 2006) , Derick Brassard , Kessel , etc ....

Yeah , let's grab alot of old free agents

NoWhammyCammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Is it something in the visiting dressing room at the ACC, Bryzgalov can stone the top teams in the NHL but he looks like crap vs Toronto...17/20 .850 so far.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuya71 View Post
yes plek but we can't consider him a franchise player...i am talking about a big center who uses his skill plus his body...and i am not convinced that pleks will be this awesome in the po's i am not being a pessimist i am just saying he can't control the boards as well as other big centers and won't always be able to do his little bank if off the boards thing he does without eventually being crushed...but i mean a franchise forward aka young...non cap restricting and ppg well before prime but thats me dreaming
yeah because teams keep these kind of players.
Markov will be back soon we all remember what was our record without him last year

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote