HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Petr Prucha

Old
12-17-2009, 12:24 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Petr Prucha

Has scored more goals than:

Brandon Dubinsky
Chris Drury
Sean Avery
Chris Higgins
Enver Lisin

He also has the same amount of goals as Kotalik and Prospal.

I have no idea why im posting this, its neither here nor there...but its interesting either way.

Always loved Petr, was sad we let him go.

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 12:25 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

He also has more balls than 97% of this team.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 12:26 AM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Chris Drury has only recorded 30+ goals in a season 1 more time then Petr Prucha.

Our intelligent GM decided to award him with 55+ goal scorer money

woo woo woo.

How much does Prucha make? LOL.

silverfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 12:27 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
How much does Prucha make? LOL.
$1.1M

Either way, the Prucha & Dawes for Morris trade = Fail. I'd rather have those two any day over half of these losers and I wasn't even that big on Dawes.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 12:33 AM
Rangerfans

Prucha and Dawes did nothing here. Wow, I can't believe the love that Petr Prucha gets, it's truly disturbing.

Rangerfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 12:35 AM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfans View Post
Prucha and Dawes did nothing here. Wow, I can't believe the love that Petr Prucha gets, it's truly disturbing.
I think it's time for a new avatar.

silverfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 12:35 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfans View Post
what can i say, i love players who give everything they have on every shift, and are willing to run through walls to make stuff happen on the ice.

kid had the heart of a lion, as gutless as this team is this year, he would be a refreshing alternative to wastes of talent like Kotalik.

Old
12-17-2009, 12:39 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
what can i say, i love players who give everything they have on every shift, and are willing to run through walls to make stuff happen on the ice.

kid had the heart of a lion, as gutless as this team is this year, he would be a refreshing alternative to wastes of talent like Kotalik.
You, like the rest of us, were ready to go in a new direction after those boring winning seasons of Renney hockey.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 12:44 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
You, like the rest of us, were ready to go in a new direction after those boring winning seasons of Renney hockey.
what does petr prucha have to do with Torts?

Old
12-17-2009, 12:47 AM
Rangerfans

Quote:

I'm not disagreeing with you. He did, as did (in my opinion) Jed Ortmeyer, Blair Betts, and Freddy Sho.

All of these players, I loved and - to some degree - wish they still wore that jersey. But they don't and for Petr, it's been a loooong time since he has. In my opinion, it just seems silly and pointless to even mention him. It's like saying I wish Jagr was on the team.

Rangerfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 12:47 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
what does petr prucha have to do with Torts?
He wasn't a Torts guy

Wheres Todd Harvey when ya need him, right Inferno?

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 12:51 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
He wasn't a Torts guy

He wasn't a Renney guy either, so it doesnt make a difference...actually i got the impression that he very much was a Torts guy, but they needed to bring in a defenseman to stabilize that last slot. Todd Harvey never scored more than 11 goals in an NHL season, Prucha has score over 20 twice. Obviously you need to produce, but i'd still take prucha over Kotalik, Lisin, Boyle, Brashear, Voros, etc.

Play Pruch on the 4th line for energy, he always gives you his all.

Old
12-17-2009, 12:55 AM
mess11mess

Quote:
He wasn't a Torts guy

Don't you mean "Heartbeat Harvey" Mr Muckler???

mess11mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 12:57 AM
Crease

Prucha stunk here because he was a quality bottom six guy who was asked to put up top six points.

I'd be thrilled to have him on our third or fourth line right now. An energy guy who can threaten to put up some points would keep the other team honest and (gasp) give our real top six guys an opportunity to skate against weak defenders from time to time.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 01:43 AM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
good riddance, like he'd have more goals than them on this team. Prucha is gone. So is Jed Ortmeyer. And Colton Orr. And Nigel Dawes.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 01:47 AM
Crease

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
good riddance, like he'd have more goals than them on this team. Prucha is gone. So is Jed Ortmeyer. And Colton Orr. And Nigel Dawes.
I don't understand.

Prucha > Voros
Jed Ortmeyer > Boyle
Orr > Brashear
Dawes > Christensen

I'd take all four of those guys over the four we currently have.

Old
12-17-2009, 01:59 AM
Edge

Sorry, but this conversation is silly.

Saying he has more goals than some of our guys owes more to their crappy play, rather Prucha's good play.

He scored 2 goals tonight (33% of his season total), but he doesn't look at all that different then he did when he was here.

He still gets knocked down a lot, thus limiting his ability as a bottom six forward. Yet he doesn't really score enough to stick as a top six forward.

To me, he appears as he has for a while, like a future journeyman. Good enough to find work, not really good enough to stick somewhere over the long haul.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 02:02 AM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
I don't understand.

Prucha > Voros
Jed Ortmeyer > Boyle
Orr > Brashear
Dawes > Christensen

To me it's splitting hairs.

Prucha and Dawes are clearly more talented, but they also aren't bottom six forwards.

Voros, Christensen and Brashear suck, but i don;t know if the results (in a bottom six role) would be much different with the other guys.

Old
12-17-2009, 02:04 AM
RangerFan10

Quote:
I don't understand.

Prucha > Voros
Jed Ortmeyer > Boyle
Orr > Brashear
Dawes > Christensen

Orr isn't better than Brashear, you throw away fighting which is a scratch and Brash is a better hockey player. Maybe not by much anymore, but he's better.

Boyle is a great value for us right now and I think he is, in fact, better than Ortmeyer, but the fact that everyone is in love with Ortmeyer's heart (why not Boyle's? He's done everything Ortmeyer did for us.)

And I'm also not sure why you're comparing those guys to our 4th line, considering they never spend much time on the 4th line, Orr excluded, and if you compare them to our 3rd liners...

Avery/Higgins = Dawes (you think he'd be putting up the #'s he's got in Calgary with our 3rd line?? No. Would've admittedly been interesting to see him with Gaborik instead of those two, but it's not that big a deal to me)
Drury = Ortmeyer. Much better value in Ortmeyer, but throw the contracts and bias against Dru away and they're the same player.
Anisimov>>Prucha

Old
12-17-2009, 02:08 AM
Crease

My point is on Stanley Cup contenders, you have energy guys with talent in your bottom six. If your bottom six have no scoring ability whatsoever, you allow your opponent to match their best defenders against your top six all game long.

Saying Prucha and Dawes aren't bottom six guys is unfair. They would make great third line players. Better than what we have now. There's a reason why our third and fourth line get 10 minutes of ice per game now.

Old
12-17-2009, 02:12 AM
Edge

Quote:
My point is on Stanley Cup contenders, you have energy guys with talent in your bottom six. If your bottom six have no scoring ability whatsoever, you allow your opponent to match their best defenders against your top six all game long.

Saying Prucha and Dawes aren't bottom six guys is unfair. They would make great third line players. Better than what we have now. There's a reason why our third and fourth line get 10 minutes of ice per game now.
Frankly, I don't think a legit cup contender has any of the names we're talking about playing on the third line. Not together anyway. You can probably get away with one of them, the Rangers problem is that they had all of them.

Old
12-17-2009, 02:13 AM
RangerFan10

Quote:

We had at least nine bottom six guys when they were dealt. Would you rather have dealt Anisimov? Dubinsky? Callahan? Avery?

Save Drury and Higgins because Drury isn't moveable and Higgins is a result of dumping Gomez that we just have to deal with until at the earliest the trade deadline.

Old
12-17-2009, 02:15 AM
RangerFan10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
Frankly, I don't think a legit cup contender has any of the names we're talking about playing on the third line. Not together anyway. You can probably get away with one of them, the Rangers problem is that they had all of them.
cup contenders may have the caliber players these guys are, but they can't all be clones of one another. Prucha, Dawes, Callahan, Avery, etc. are all very similar in terms of size and skillset.

There was no way we were going to tender these guys when they were RFA's, which was this past offseason in case anyone forgot, I'm not sure why everyone brings them up everytime they score a freaking goal.

Old
12-17-2009, 02:16 AM
Crease

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
We had at least nine bottom six guys when they were dealt. Would you rather have dealt Anisimov? Dubinsky? Callahan? Avery?

Save Drury and Higgins because Drury isn't moveable and Higgins is a result of dumping Gomez that we just have to deal with until at the earliest the trade deadline.
Fair point. I just hate seeing Dawes and Prucha **** on because they were put in roles they clearly weren't capable of handling.

Old
12-17-2009, 02:17 AM
Edge

I just don't know if any of these guys, save maybe Dawes, makes a difference.

This team has holes everywhere and can't seem to score.

A guy like Prucha isn't really the answer to that problem. I get the whole obsession with hustle on these boards (Prucha, York, Callahan, Ortmeyer) but we really have to be careful not to overrate the offensive potential of these guys just because they bust their ass.