HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Boucher on NHL live

Old
12-17-2009, 02:55 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
Both Miami and OSU had some good hockey players come out of them.

How do you like Ohio?

I wasn't born there, thank God. I can't stand it there, neither can my parents.
Not too big a fan. Oxford is pretty cool since it is its own little town, but the rest I'm not to high on. I plan to go to a couple CBJ games after Christmas break, though. I can't take the love affair with OSU football around here.

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 03:01 AM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
Not too big a fan. Oxford is pretty cool since it is its own little town, but the rest I'm not to high on. I plan to go to a couple CBJ games after Christmas break, though. I can't take the love affair with OSU football around here.

They LOVE OSU football there.

I respect their love for it. I like OSU but not as much as they do.

How can you blame them? I mean, look at what they've had.

NFL--Browns and Cinci

NBA--Do they?

NHL--The newest, and is doing well I believe?

They've loved OSU since....welll forever!

When was the last time, Ohio has one a championship in pro sports..It's been a long ass time.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 03:45 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post

They LOVE OSU football there.

I respect their love for it. I like OSU but not as much as they do.

How can you blame them? I mean, look at what they've had.

NFL--Browns and Cinci

NBA--Do they?

NHL--The newest, and is doing well I believe?

They've loved OSU since....welll forever!

When was the last time, Ohio has one a championship in pro sports..It's been a long ass time.
NBA - another one of my hated love affairs - the Cleveland LeBrons.

My girlfriend is from Cleveland, and ironically, loves Mo Williams, I'm cool with that. But LeBron James has become a bane of my existence in day to day Ohio life. You should've heard the buzz when ESPN mentioned he was considering playing for the Browns or whatever that malarky was all about.

Old
12-17-2009, 04:43 AM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
Going to school in Ohio, I've seen A LOT of Jackets hockey (my roommate being a huge fan) and Rick Nash is something else. He is a game-changer. If JVR can get onto his level, he could be the exact piece our team needs to really excel.
It is impressive to score 40 goals and still have the common courtesy to share the spotlight with the other team's players by allowing them to score 50.

Defensive just something that other people do. He part of a PK unit that generally negates all of the positives of the PP unit. Sure he has 2 SHG but he's been on the ice for 3 or 4 SHGA. People go through all kinds of hoops trying to say that he isn't as bad defensively as his stats suggest but he is. He really is.

At the very least he is a very quiet superstar... one that needs to be made better by his teammates rather than one that makes his teammates better.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 08:46 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
It is impressive to score 40 goals and still have the common courtesy to share the spotlight with the other team's players by allowing them to score 50.

Defensive just something that other people do. He part of a PK unit that generally negates all of the positives of the PP unit. Sure he has 2 SHG but he's been on the ice for 3 or 4 SHGA. People go through all kinds of hoops trying to say that he isn't as bad defensively as his stats suggest but he is. He really is.

At the very least he is a very quiet superstar... one that needs to be made better by his teammates rather than one that makes his teammates better.
I've sort of adopted them as my 2nd team over the last few years. They're very likable, a lot of good character guys such as Umberger and Commodore. One of my favorites to watch has been Raffi Torres. Despite not living up to his draft pick, the guy plays with so much heart and energy. Now THERE is a guy I'd love to see in the O&B. Gritty to the max.

Old
07-26-2011, 03:22 PM
zamboni88

I suspect Brian Boucher may have leaked the dry island story. Thinking back to when I started this thread, I remember thinking he was referring to Richards.

zamboni88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 05:06 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

I think he is a definite suspect. I would bet leino is the other one.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 07:09 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Flyer View Post
No offense to Boucher (or any other Flyer), but I'm tired of hearing and reading the same tired old quotes.

Win some freakin' hockey games already. Hell, I'd settle for a streak of 5 games or so where we aren't completely embarrassed.

Yes, get some rest, control your energy level, and stop lookin' pathetic on game day. Good idea.
That issue isn't as much the players as it is the media. They say something off the cuff and the media rips them apart. So what do the players do? They say the same **** over and over so that they don't have to deal with the media and can focus on playing hockey.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote