HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

#33: Penguins @ Flyers - December 17, 2009 - 7:00 PM (ET)

Closed Thread

Old
12-17-2009, 09:09 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
Procrastination from finals studying + heaps of coffee = late night banter with idiot Penguin trolls. Also, some idiot statements made by myself caused by the delirium of no sleep.
FYI, not getting the proper rest turns any finals studying into a total rest, because your brain doesn't take the time to keep the information. Best thing you can do is study 8-10 hours then get a good night's rest, with small breaks in between to rest your brain and relax.

Old
12-17-2009, 09:13 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
FYI, not getting the proper rest turns any finals studying into a total rest, because your brain doesn't take the time to keep the information. Best thing you can do is study 8-10 hours then get a good night's rest, with small breaks in between to rest your brain and relax.
I know... I was just under the gun to get any studying in because I had been studying the previous days for 2 harder finals. Taking one at 8am and one at 7pm on Wednesday didn't leave me a whole lot of time to study a lot for this one.

We got a sheet of notes for some reason and I just spent my time typing that/watching Joffrey Lupul send the Caps home in '08.

*sigh* Memories.

Old
12-17-2009, 09:21 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Eugh, that Crosby/Zidlicky fight was awful. Stupid refs didn't even let them get started.

Tonight, guys have jobs on the line. If that doesn't get a fire lit under their *****, I dunno where we go next. Auction off their wives until they play better?

Old
12-17-2009, 09:22 AM
Orange Crush 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigw99 View Post
Good luck fellas... Looking forward to all the "Crosby Sucks" chants!
What was the resell value of that tank you guys were driving the early part of this decade?

Old
12-17-2009, 09:33 AM
chimrichalds18
the key

Crosby has this habit of preempting people when he fights. Like his gloves are off way ahead of time, it seems.

Old
12-17-2009, 09:35 AM
mypunkrock

I'll be at the game tonight, courtesy of my little sis getting me tickets for my birthday. Still suffering from really bad jet lag, so we'll see how I'm feeling.

I was really hoping Powe would be back tonight, but I guess he's coming back Saturday. I'm worried about Betts returning, and wondering if he should have had more done to the shoulder.

We need to play a very physical game tonight - hard forecheck, not giving up the blueline, guarding the redline, hitting anything near the crease. One of those nights. That is the start of what we need to turn this around. If anyone can't toe that edge, they're benched.

Lots of traffic around Fleury. For a large portion of the lineup, this is what has their Flyers season on the line.

Regards,
Rick

Edit - Section 216. Row 13. Stop by and say hi. I'll probably be in Flyers and AXP gear.

Last edited by mypunkrock: 12-17-2009 at 12:36 PM.
Old
12-17-2009, 09:37 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimrichalds18 View Post
Crosby has this habit of preempting people when he fights. Like his gloves are off way ahead of time, it seems.
Sid Crosby pre-emptive fight: "Sidney is exhibiting his grit and showing everyone why he deserves to be the captain of the defending world champions."

Dan Carcillo pre-emptive fight: "A classless goon on a classless team. 4 games and 29 minutes! Off to the box with ye, dirt-stasched heathen!"

12-17-2009, 09:42 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Sid Crosby pre-emptive fight: "Sidney is exhibiting his grit and showing everyone why he deserves to be the captain of the defending world champions."

Dan Carcillo pre-emptive fight: "A classless goon on a classless team. 4 games and 29 minutes! Off to the box with ye, dirt-stasched heathen!"
That's the way of the league and how they baby him. I'm sure some day it'll go to the extent of the Pens getting a goal for being scored on because he was involved.

Old
12-17-2009, 09:49 AM
Cleary84

If Crosby was to ever go with a Flyer. Who would it be? Giroux?

I know he wont go with Richards.

Old
3Fs

I went to Tuesday nights game and was so sad at what I saw. There was just so much that was wrong. I hope they show what they have tonight and it turns their season around.

I went to the game with wife and in laws and took a serious beat down. Time for paybacks

Last edited by 3Fs: 12-17-2009 at 10:35 AM.
Old
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:

I just remembered that Crosby "fight" and it is crazy he didnt get suspended. Carcillo threw one punch, Crosby just assaulted a guy repeatedly

Old
12-17-2009, 09:51 AM
Hollywood Couturier

God Help Us

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
12-17-2009, 09:53 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleary84 View Post

Briere.. Giroux is not a softy..

Old
12-17-2009, 09:55 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Briere.. Giroux is not a softy..
I wouldn't be surprised if he got mad and started to beat up Gerbe in the next game against the Sabres and only get a $1000 fine and that's it. You do know how tall he is right?

Old
12-17-2009, 09:55 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Lets not suck... alright that might be alittle hard, so lets not suck too much!

Old
12-17-2009, 09:56 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleary84 View Post

I was thoroughly amused at that Giroux-Svatos tilt. It was actually a damn good one!

Old
12-17-2009, 09:59 AM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
I was thoroughly amused at that Giroux-Svatos tilt. It was actually a damn good one!
I love how the linesman is holding Sid, comforting him and telling him it will be alright. I did the same with my kids when they had a scary dream.

Old
12-17-2009, 10:01 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post
I love how the linesman is holding Sid, comforting him and telling him it will be alright. I did the same with my kids when they had a scary dream.
I thought I could read his lips... Something to the effect of, "throw another right! Yeah, right in the back of the neck. Now knee him in the groin! You're doing great, kid! Big Gary is gonna love this!"

Old
12-17-2009, 10:02 AM
Teezax

Early Prediction:

Flyers will come out hard, bruising bodies and taking bad penalties.
Penguins will score early on a PP.
Flyers will play chase hockey the rest of the way.

Flyers lose.

Hartnell and or Coburn are gone tomorrow
Book it!

Old
12-17-2009, 10:05 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezax View Post
Early Prediction:

Flyers will come out hard, bruising bodies and taking bad penalties.
Penguins will score early on a PP.
Flyers will play chase hockey the rest of the way.

Flyers lose.

Hartnell and or Coburn are gone tomorrow
Book it!
Can't comment on the Hartnell/Coburn thing, but I could definitely see your other predictions coming true. Especially since that's the way the Flyers have played the Pens for a while now.

Old
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
I think the Flyers have been DENNISing us.

Demonstrate Value - Franchise with a lot of history, good young players, lots of fighters etc.
Engage Physically - With the aforementioned physicality, the clutch 07-08 season when they bounced back.
Nurture Dependence - The 07-08 playoff run where we made the ECF and then lost without our 2 best d-men, we all bought in to this core group of players.
Neglect Emotionally - Pretty much the 2nd half of the 08-09 season where we sucked and then the PO series against the Pens where we didn't show up for half of it.
Inspire Hope - We trade for Pronger, get Emery, JVR and Giroux going to have full seasons with the team.
Separate Entirely - This latest run of ass-sucking culminating in getting absolutely embarrassed by our greatest rivals.

Yeah, we're getting Dennised.

Old
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if he got mad and started to beat up Gerbe in the next game against the Sabres and only get a $1000 fine and that's it. You do know how tall he is right?
Briere would utilize his stick very next shift and spear Crosby in his nutzzz..

he is done it before, you know!!

Old
12-17-2009, 10:07 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post

Demonstrate Value - Franchise with a lot of history, good young players, lots of fighters etc.
Engage Physically - With the aforementioned physicality, the clutch 07-08 season when they bounced back.
Nurture Dependence - The 07-08 playoff run where we made the ECF and then lost without our 2 best d-men, we all bought in to this core group of players.
Neglect Emotionally - Pretty much the 2nd half of the 08-09 season where we sucked and then the PO series against the Pens where we didn't show up for half of it.
Inspire Hope - We trade for Pronger, get Emery, JVR and Giroux going to have full seasons with the team.
Separate Entirely - This latest run of ass-sucking culminating in getting absolutely embarrassed by our greatest rivals.

Quote of the Year.

Old
12-17-2009, 10:08 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Quote:

I guess it's working?

Old
12-17-2009, 10:10 AM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:

Closed Thread