HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#34 - 12.17.09 | New York Rangers @ New York Islanders | 7:00 PM - MSG 2

Old
12-17-2009, 11:15 AM
OverTheCap

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Declan View Post
I don't really have a problem w/ benching Redden. But he needs to get off Kotalik already. The guy plays what 2 minutes a game and he's the reason why they lost?

I think this is ridiculous that this was built up to be a major shake up.

Bench Drury already, I'm sick of this crap. Yes, he can kill penalties. So can Brian Boyle, Blair Betts, Fred Sjostrom and 75% of the 4th liners in the NHL making 10% of what Drury makes!

Captain my ass, bench him already. The guy shows no emotion and it's sickening to see him play game after game. He's done
Kotalik has been awful lately. Two shorthanded breakaways in the last few games has been his responsibility. He hasn't scored a goal since November 5th. For someone who supposed to be good on the PP, he's been mediocre at best in the past month and a half.

Drury probably won't see a lot of ice time, 12 minutes last night.

OverTheCap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 11:16 AM
Section311

I cant believe that Rosy and Drury are still playing. If torts wanted to make a statement than drury would have been sitting.

Section311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 11:18 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section311 View Post
I cant believe that Rosy and Drury are still playing. If torts wanted to make a statement than drury would have been sitting.
What are you going to do, call up all of hartford? You cant bench everyone at once.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 11:19 AM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceBear86 View Post
same here. I'm still tired from this bullcrap idea of staying awake to watch this trash team.
staying awake? are you narcoleptic? the games are over by 930, actually the games are over by 745 usually. that said, i feel your pain.

GeorgeHamiltonsTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 11:21 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
But he needs to get off Kotalik already.
He should cut some slack to the guy who gave up SH GW'ers in back-to-back games?

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 11:22 AM
17futurecap

Hank in net.

http://twitter.com/stevezipay

17futurecap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 11:22 AM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

what was everyone expecting, take a pick from the long list of 3rd liners on this team, does it really matter? Sure torts took the easy way out on beating up on kotex, again does it really matter? there are a liine of 3rd liners there to fill in. If you think about it there arent any real shocking benchings/moves that can be made with this team, it is what it is.

Old
12-17-2009, 11:25 AM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

Well obviously if there was to be a big impact a few things would need to happen. Waive Redden, Roszival, Kotalik...

They can rot in the minors until any takers are found.

Drury can be a healthy scratch and stripped of the captaincy.
Call up a few young players... These players won't get better and will not be worth their dollars.

Line up:
Higgins-Dubinsky-Gaborik
Prospal-Anisimov-Lisin
Avery-Locke-Callahan
Voros-Boyle-Byers/Brash etc

defense
Staal-Del Zotto
Gilroy-Girardi
Sanguinetti-Heikkennen.

Sure the line ups not pretty, once drury is traded they can use the cap space to make a few deals to get a bit of depth here and maybe 1 blockbuster to get some secondary scoring.

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 11:28 AM
dccuse

Ice Time

Quick Stat:

Rangers had 5 forwards play less than 10 minutes last night, including Anisimov ?????

Islanders had 0 play less than 11 minutes, including John Sim.

What's a surefire way to secure Hall/Seguin/Kabonov/Fowler??? Have Gaborik, who hasnt played a full season in years, play a full season worth of minutes by the time the olympic break is over.

You can fire Sather, you can bench Redden, but at what point do we start to shift the blame to Tortorella?

dccuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 11:28 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

What a shake up. I can see the pucks filling the net already.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 11:29 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan68 View Post
Well obviously if there was to be a big impact a few things would need to happen. Waive Redden, Roszival, Kotalik...

They can rot in the minors until any takers are found.

Drury can be a healthy scratch and stripped of the captaincy.
Call up a few young players... These players won't get better and will not be worth their dollars.

Line up:
Higgins-Dubinsky-Gaborik
Prospal-Anisimov-Lisin
Avery-Locke-Callahan
Voros-Boyle-Byers/Brash etc

defense
Staal-Del Zotto
Gilroy-Girardi
Sanguinetti-Heikkennen.

Sure the line ups not pretty, once drury is traded they can use the cap space to make a few deals to get a bit of depth here and maybe 1 blockbuster to get some secondary scoring.

That has the be the worst NHL roster I have ever seen. Thats a tank roster whether you are trying to or not.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 11:32 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
What a shake up. I can see the pucks filling the net already.
yeah well what is he gonna do. The coach only has so much power. He's sitting one of the big name guys who's been bad recently but oh no, that's not enough for the fanbase who wants half the team benched.

Levitate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 11:32 AM
Declan
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
He should cut some slack to the guy who gave up SH GW'ers in back-to-back games?
Maybe pull him off the PP for a few games.

The guy is playing minimal minutes and then he's expected to jump on the ice and light the lamp on the PP? Yeah, I cringed at that gaff last night too (which thankfully didn't result in a goal). But, really what's the point in benching a guy who you are already punishing by only playing him 4th line minutes.

Want to send a message then you bench the veteran players who are playing like ****. Redden hasn't been good, can't say he's been awful though (yes that play last night on the NYI 1st goal was abysmal). But, IMO the forwards are the main problem....17 of the past 21 goals the team hasn't scored more than 2 goals. The main problem is the team's inability to stick the puck in the net. Not one forward outside of Prospal & Gaborik has been consistent this season.

I though Tort's whole rant last night was about it being unacceptable and needing a better effort. Well, bench the guys who you rely on who aren't doing squat....maybe it'll wake them up.

First on my list - the Captain

Declan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 11:33 AM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
That has the be the worst NHL roster I have ever seen. Thats a tank roster whether you are trying to or not.
It would need to be followed with a few trades. I'd like to see Corey Locke looked at though. You never know right.
Even if it is to get Lecavalier or something bottom line is get the trash off the books... Getting rid of Redden Rozy and Kotalik would free so much salary and if a taker could be found for Drury we'd be sitting on 20+ million in cap space.
So what we don't do well this year, maybe the kids surprise, next years free agency we have a chance to retool and maybe Slats will either be gone, or smart this time and sign the right players.
We'll have more NHL ready kids and hopefully a player named Ilya Kovalchuk.

Do you really think that these players can't fill the production of Kotalik and Drury over the last little while?
We're a tank roster right now. Hopefully getting some new faces will change things. and like i said before Corey Locke deserves a shot.

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 11:34 AM
Levitate

what's the point in playing a guy who can't play even strength minutes, and now can't even play the PP because he's too busy giving up shorties and being ineffective?

Old
12-17-2009, 11:38 AM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

Quote:
Here's when you find out just what the 2010 New York Rangers are made of.

we didnt know the answer to this question already?

Old
12-17-2009, 11:39 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Maybe pull him off the PP for a few games.
Which is essentially the same as benching him.

Kotalik's been on the radar for a couple of weeks as a guy who's "not getting it" according to Torts, whatever that means. His failed keeps are just the straw that broke the camels' back.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 11:41 AM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

The only reason Redden hasnt been benched in his career is because Renney didn't bench him when he should have (any game last season for example).

There's only one message we (and the team) can take from this... Torts isn't gonna do anything. Sather can't do anything.

Game over

Riche16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 11:42 AM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dccuse View Post
Quick Stat:

Rangers had 5 forwards play less than 10 minutes last night, including Anisimov ?????

Islanders had 0 play less than 11 minutes, including John Sim.

What's a surefire way to secure Hall/Seguin/Kabonov/Fowler??? Have Gaborik, who hasnt played a full season in years, play a full season worth of minutes by the time the olympic break is over.

You can fire Sather, you can bench Redden, but at what point do we start to shift the blame to Tortorella?
bingo bango bongo...thank you!

Old
12-17-2009, 11:42 AM
kennglin13

You know things are bad in Rangerland when Redden finally gets scratched and the fans are still just as angry as ever

Guys it's a start... and if I am Drury or Rosi... this wakes me up because I could be next.

Plus, by benching these guys isn't that Torts sending a message to Sather???????

kennglin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 11:43 AM
Levitate

Quote:

Kotalik's been on the radar for a couple of weeks as a guy who's "not getting it" according to Torts, whatever that means. His failed keeps are just the straw that broke the camels' back.
One of the things about Kotalik that annoys me is that Buffalo fans said that he's good along the boards.

Dude has been absolutely terrible along the boards (well, the whole team has really). It wouldn't bother me so much if he didn't score even strength all the time if he just contributed something else, but he's not even doing the other thing he was supposed to be good at

Old
12-17-2009, 11:45 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeHamiltonsTan View Post
staying awake? are you narcoleptic? the games are over by 930, actually the games are over by 745 usually. that said, i feel your pain.
Not if you live in Germany, like the poster you quoted.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 11:48 AM
Declan
HFB Partner

Quote:

Or put him back out there playing 3rd line minutes, not on the PP, at least for a game or two. He got in Torts' dog house a while ago and hasn't received decent minutes since. I'm not a huge Kotalik fan but I just think that there are other players that have to be held just as accountable. I don't want guys like Drury to think that because Kotalik has been getting benched & scratched that he's the reason why the team is losing.

The team is losing because they can't score more than 2 goals a god damn game. The same problem that Renney seemed to have last season when everyone was calling for his head.

Declan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 11:49 AM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennglin13 View Post
You know things are bad in Rangerland when Redden finally gets scratched and the fans are still just as angry as ever

Guys it's a start... and if I am Drury or Rosi... this wakes me up because I could be next.

Plus, by benching these guys isn't that Torts sending a message to Sather???????

id say...not really.
im pretty sure sather is aware of just how aweful redden is.

Drury is who he is, a 3rd liner and pker, hes been just that.
rosi is who he is a marginal at best dman who is afraid to touch anyone, perhaps a germaphobe? i duno. benchings and media hype arent going to make drury start pouring in goals when he doesnt get any pp time or make rosi start hammering guys through the boards. its insane to think otherwise.

Old
12-17-2009, 11:51 AM
ak10r
HFBoards Sponsor

Wishful thinking from the local paper up here……

Former Alaska Nanooks goalie Chad Johnson may make NHL debut tonight

FAIRBANKS -- According to a report by Tim Wharnsby of CBC Sports, former Alaska Nanooks goalie Chad Johnson might make his National Hockey League debut today with the New York Rangers as they take on the New York Islanders at 3 p.m. AST.

http://newsminer.com/pages/full_stor...w_left_bullets

ak10r is offline   Reply With Quote