HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nyi -chi

Old
12-17-2009, 09:36 AM
disles1

vCash: 500
Nyi -chi

A trade proposal that would occur at the trade deadline.

NYI get Barker, Byfuglien & Skille
CHI get Weight, Sutton & Bergenheim & 3rd pick

Chicago saves 5 million in cap space for next year, adds a second line center, and a young LW. Sutton is a stay at home Dman who is playing well this year & will help in the playoffs.

Isles get a top 4 dman, tough guy in Buff and take a chance on Skille's potential

Helps Chicago for this years playoff run, next years salary cap and still leaves a young tough player in Bergie

Fair? Thoughts??

disles1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 10:05 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

I don't think that this Trade will happen. Chicago's players are more worth than these three Islanders. And give a Buffy and Barker for only Weight and Sutton isn't fair.

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 11:09 AM
kasper11

I understand that Chicago needs to cut salary, but they won't do it by giving good players away. I think they would rather just keep Barker and Buf for the season, then move them for picks/prospect/cheaper players in the offseason if they need to.

kasper11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 12:16 PM
HyeDray
HFB Partner

I would be surprised in Weight is traded. John Tavares is living in his house, and they want Weight around for off ice support to JT as well as the other young Isles centers.

Further, I agree that the Hawks might want some cap relief, but they are not going to give players away.

HyeDray is offline   Reply With Quote