HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Post-Game #32: Flyers @ Penguins - December 15, 2009

Old
12-16-2009, 10:57 PM
whatthef
Failure is an Option

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyphan25 View Post
Bring Betts Back.

Earlier today you had to bet 1000 to win 100 on the Pens, with this news, you now have to bet 1000 to win 100 on the Flyers. Does this Betts have as many goals as Gretzky? Did they sign him for under 10M?
This year Betts has 1 more goal than Gretzky, and for only $550,000!

whatthef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 11:43 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Tuesday was just a special teams disaster save the goal by Carcillo.
2 shorties allowed and we came within seconds of allowing a 3rd to Staal.
Remember last years team didnt allow one until the final day of the season?
Do we lead the league in shorties allowed this season?
When was the last time a Flyer team allowed 2 shorties in one game?
FAIL

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 11:49 PM
Garbage Goal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
That's even more hilarious because training regimens change during the season so the players that are actually, ya know, playing can't maintain their bench press strength. Meanwhile, OKT is worthless and can spend all day in the gym. I guarantee that it's the **** players on every team that are physically the strongest when strength is gauged based upon metrics such as that.
Ivanens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
Jesus, look around the board and tell me not to take things so seriously? I'm usually Mr. Negativity around here, but it's hilarious how badly people are reacting over this team right now.

It's a pet peeve of mine, same with people yelling "shoot". I'm sure you and every other ******* on this board have pet peeves that I think are dumb, too.
So it's my fault that you freaked out over a pet peeve and decided to not tell anyone that it was simply a pet peeve?

I have pet peeves, but I don't ***** about them and then act like I wasn't *****ing about something completely pointless. I also usually go out of my way to point out a pet peeve when I'm *****ing about it (which you didn't).

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 11:57 PM
whatthef
Failure is an Option

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireHolmgrenDotCom View Post
Tuesday was just a special teams disaster save the goal by Carcillo.
2 shorties allowed and we came within seconds of allowing a 3rd to Staal.
Remember last years team didnt allow one until the final day of the season?
Do we lead the league in shorties allowed this season?
When was the last time a Flyer team allowed 2 shorties in one game?
FAIL
We do lead the league in short handed goals against with 6. Minnesota and San Jose are behind us with 5 against.

whatthef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 12:11 AM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatthef View Post
We do lead the league in short handed goals against with 6. Minnesota and San Jose are behind us with 5 against.
That's a surprising one. Then again, Chicago probably has a lot to do with that.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 12:19 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatthef View Post
6. jesus. they were 4 seconds away from 7 with that 2nd Staal goal

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 12:34 AM
Mr Oysterhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPin View Post
So what do we do differently to beat the Pens.
Defend the blue line better. Pass better in all three zones. Score.

Bottom line, Pens are much better than we are now. This is gonna be a tough one to win.

Mr Oysterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 02:06 AM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UseYourAllusion View Post
It's not ****ing lazy analysis. It's simply a cliche (not my favorite, you won't see me using it) that people use to describe a player who's not making the positive impact he should. Nothing more, nothing less.

I'm sorry I opened this can of worms.
I go on a lot of meaningless rants on meaningless topics. Helps me vent off the frustration of ****** games. You've been around long enough to shrug it off. Don't take things too literal, right? I've wished people death before because of a hockey game. I didn't see anyone saying "you shouldn't do that" because it's just a rant.

Sorry to those I offended who really love the phrase "he was invisible".

Last edited by Dig Out Your Soul: 12-17-2009 at 02:13 AM.
Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 04:46 AM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
I go on a lot of meaningless rants on meaningless topics. Helps me vent off the frustration of ****** games. You've been around long enough to shrug it off. Don't take things too literal, right? I've wished people death before because of a hockey game. I didn't see anyone saying "you shouldn't do that" because it's just a rant.

Yeah, Kyle Calder will do that to people.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 05:31 AM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
mike york

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 12:24 PM
claude boivin lives
flat out spectacular

Quote:

Yeah, it's alright, I totally know what you mean. For instance, I've seen a bunch of people suggest that Richards is a "poor man's Zetterberg." I don't understand. What would a poor man have to do with Zetterberg? Or Richards? Are they trying to say that Richards is poor? Or are they trying to say that some poor man is the owner of Zetterberg? How could it be possible for any person, let alone some poor man, to be the owner of Zetterberg? Do people seriously think that could be true? Jesus. And even if that is the case, it still doesn't explain where Richards fits in.

But anyway, I pointed all that stuff out to some Detroit fans that were discussing it on their board. One of them told me to "mind my own business." I didn't understand. I don't own a business. Does that guy think I own a business? How the hell would he know if I own a business or not? How would it be possible for him to know that? And even if he was right, I'm trying to have a discussion about Richards, so why the hell should I go do that? Jesus.

But whatever, those Detroit fans are kind of dumb, really. Really low level hockey fans.

claude boivin lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 12:29 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by claude boivin lives View Post
Yeah, it's alright, I totally know what you mean. For instance, I've seen a bunch of people suggest that Richards is a "poor man's Zetterberg." I don't understand. What would a poor man have to do with Zetterberg? Or Richards? Are they trying to say that Richards is poor? Or are they trying to say that some poor man is the owner of Zetterberg? How could it be possible for any person, let alone some poor man, to be the owner of Zetterberg? Do people seriously think that could be true? Jesus. And even if that is the case, it still doesn't explain where Richards fits in.

But anyway, I pointed all that stuff out to some Detroit fans that were discussing it on their board. One of them told me to "mind my own business." I didn't understand. I don't own a business. Does that guy think I own a business? How the hell would he know if I own a business or not? How would it be possible for him to know that? And even if he was right, I'm trying to have a discussion about Richards, so why the hell should I go do that? Jesus.

But whatever, those Detroit fans are kind of dumb, really. Really low level hockey fans.
It's good to hold grudges on the internet. I must've really hurt your feelings.

Old
12-17-2009, 12:33 PM
Talbetts

Quote:

Hilarious! Thanks for the laugh.

Talbetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 12:38 PM
claude boivin lives
flat out spectacular

Quote:
It's good to hold grudges on the internet. I must've really hurt your feelings.

Who has a grudge? I was simply having a blast with this hilarious situation, at your expense. I probably wouldn't have done that to you had you just manned up and admitted to your gigantic blunder. But no, no, you had to dig in and keep being tough and defending yourself.

I don't mean "dig in" literally.

Old
12-17-2009, 02:47 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:

Who has a grudge? I was simply having a blast with this hilarious situation, at your expense. I probably wouldn't have done that to you had you just manned up and admitted to your gigantic blunder. But no, no, you had to dig in and keep being tough and defending yourself.

I don't mean "dig in" literally.
How is it a blunder? I hate when people say that. It's not a ****ing blunder to hate something.

Old
12-17-2009, 09:39 PM
claude boivin lives
flat out spectacular

Quote:
How is it a blunder? I hate when people say that. It's not a ****ing blunder to hate something.
Dude, seriously? Maybe you should reread what you wrote...
Quote:
Know what I find amusing? People who say "so and so" didn't show up, he was invisible, I hardly noticed him, didn't hear his name said by the announcers, blah blah blah. I've never understood. Weren't you watching? How is it possible to watch a hockey game and not see every player? How is it possible to watch a hockey game and not see Mike Richards playing? I saw a lot of that in this thread. He's been bad for the last month, but honestly, how do you not see him out there? Do you just watch the puck and depend on the announcers to tell you who's around? Jesus.
Everything about the above is a big old ****ing blunder. You were blathering on like you were because you clearly didn't understand that those phrases weren't meant to be taken literally. I thought the previous comparisons I made two posts ago would've gotten that message across, but here's a definition.

And then there was the pricelessly ironic ending to your post, which was definitely good for a laugh.

I'm far from having any type of grudge, or being hurt or angry, or however else you'd like to spin it. All that's happened here is I read a trainwreck of a post that was alluding to something I previously said, so I commented on it. That's how messageboards go.