HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs REKE Again!...Lose 3-1...but...

Old
12-17-2009, 08:44 PM
shutehinside

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
No, Sergei was called up to put a warm body in a top 6 position. Besides, Sergei we have nobody good enough for the top 6, especially when Gionta is injured.
I agree, but that's not what I was reffering to. The pro S. Kosty's and their fanatical fervour know to what I am talking about.

shutehinside is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 08:45 PM
HabsIn7

other than the return of Markov what is there to make us think they will turn this around?

HabsIn7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 08:46 PM
E = CH²

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Thank god the East is so bad. One 7-3 or 8-2 run and suddenly we're among the better teams.
We're going on a 7 game road trip though. And we're going to be missing Hamrlik, Markov and Gionta for a portion of that with a Price that seems to be lacking confidence. It doesn't bode well.

E = CH² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recchi29 View Post
other than the return of Markov what is there to make us think they will turn this around?
GIONTA and BYE BYE JM !

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post
Gomez looks like Kovalev did two years ago. A lot of skating that makes appearance of actually doing something productive.
yeah aside from the first goal which was a nice pass, I thought he was useless tonight, same way Cammy was useless last night. Nothing generated, lost his battles and no chemistry. Also he f'd up a lot of passes that would have been great scoring chances (put it in Dagostini's skate, really surprised me coming from him). I think it's fair to say we are
a) going to have to hope that Gionta-Gomez is a whole new beast
b) Pouliot becomes the finisher we need. He's of decent size right? Could he be Max Pac who can score (until Patches can actually do it himself...next season perhaps)?

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
scottyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
We are bad on so many levels......I see a trade or firing coming.....Brutal road swing coming and there is no way we keep loosing and everyone keeps their job.....This is a complete disaster on every level.
Guys if we do tank how do you see it happening (say we trade everyone important what can we get for them) It's just a game so don't think i actually wanna trade everyone.

Markov= Young top 4 with top 2 potential + First round pick + Young top 6 with First line potential

Price= Keep him he's still young

Hamrlik= 1st round-2nd round or good prospect

Spacek= 2nd round pick + 3rd-5th round pick

Pleks= 2nd round pick or good prospect

Gomez= Bag of pucks

Gionta= See Spacek

Cammy=1st round pick + top 6 player

Laraque= 7th round pick or some random prospect

Think about it we will probably have a top 5 pick plus 3 other first round picks this year

Then we will have a total of 4 picks between round 2-3

And top 4 D-man and top 6 forward with first line/first pairing potential

Then voila your a contender for 10+ years

scottyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HabsIn7

maybe we need Halak's agent to get back on Twitter

Old
12-17-2009, 08:47 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
However, not to start a language debate, but a coach that must speak both languages really thins out the pool for a coach.
I've been saying this for years.

It's not ****ing fair that in Montreal you HAVE to be bilingual to be coach/GM.

Honestly, after Bob..who in the hell is going to take over? I don't want to see Bob leave, but to be honest it's mostly because I don't know who on earth would take over. It's pretty scary.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Lately, it seems all coaches in Montréal are prone to the same stupid mistakes.

However, not to start a language debate, but a coach that must speak both languages really thins out the pool for a coach.
prone to same stupid mistakes or prone to having a group of players with the same flaws year after year?

The names on the jerseys have changed but the makeup of the team has the exact faults of the past.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HabsIn7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
GIONTA and BYE BYE JM !
They won't fire JM this year.

Old
12-17-2009, 08:49 PM
habfaninvictoria

The past 2 games have been brutal to watch. The team seems to play cautious which is understandable considering:

a/ Martin has shown a willingness to move/bench players who don't play his system.

b/ We seem to take penalties at will. 2 of the 5 losses are directly attributal to penalties. The inequity in penalties is brutal. I find it hard to believe that we commit that many more infractions than our opponents. The cumulative effect of this has to be demoralizing.

I'm not giving excuses for them, but I don't think its time to tank. With a couple bounces and a refs who had a clue we would have collected6-7 points in these games.

I'm not sure what can be done about the reffing. I don't subscribe to conspiracy theories but I'd like to see the game called equally.

I knew it would be a tough year but ... WTF ... we need to catch a break somehow with the reffing and injuries.

habfaninvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
linp

Every good team has four useful lines. We are playing only 3 lines. You can see that both Plekanec and Cammalleri looked tired in the 3rd period. They both had chances to tie up the game. We can't win by playing handycapped. Why are we dressing the 4th line? Also we have only one line who can score. Those are the two main reasons why we kept losing.

Also worrysome is that Price didn't look confident the whole game. The first goal was bad. He didn't react well the 3rd goal. Once the puck went behind the net, he should move over right at once.

linp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
I've been saying this for years.

It's not ****ing fair that in Montreal you HAVE to be bilingual to be coach/GM.

Honestly, after Bob..who in the hell is going to take over? I don't want to see Bob leave, but to be honest it's mostly because I don't know who on earth would take over. It's pretty scary.
Me too. People want him gone, but who's going to take over ?

Quote:
prone to same stupid mistakes or prone to having a group of players with the same flaws year after year?

The names on the jerseys have changed but the makeup of the team has the exact faults of the past.
Pretty much. That failure to land big top 6 forwards is what gets us. At least Cammalleri is a step in the right direction. I really like that signing, even if he's only 5'9

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 08:50 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
Oh I agree, but he still made a nice play on Kostitsyn's goal, and created some chances and had some decent shots on net. Eh, nothing exceptional, but you could pick about any of his last 10 games to bash him other than this one. He played a little bit better tonight than usual.
i think he was okay and made a few nifty passes. He had some shots but most were not dangerous at all.

The team in general seem robotic. This team just doesn't seem to really care that they are losing. They almost seem okay with it and its frustrating as hell.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 08:50 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
biggest need a big top 6 player.
but who? and who would they replace?
The first line is actually worth keeping together I think.
Gomez-Gio- "said player" ?

So then Pouliot with whom? Laps and Moen or Laps and Dago (actually that last line has fail written all over it)?

Old
12-17-2009, 08:51 PM
cap10bfl

Send a message via MSN to cap10bfl
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyG View Post
Guys if we do tank how do you see it happening (say we trade everyone important what can we get for them) It's just a game so don't think i actually wanna trade everyone.

Markov= Young top 4 with top 2 potential + First round pick + Young top 6 with First line potential

Price= Keep him he's still young

Hamrlik= 1st round-2nd round or good prospect

Spacek= 2nd round pick + 3rd-5th round pick

Gomez= Bag of pucks

Gionta= See Spacek

Cammy=1st round pick + top 6 player

Laraque= 7th round pick or some random prospect

Think about it we will probably have a top 5 pick plus 3 other first round picks this year

Then we will have a total of 4 picks between round 2-3

And top 4 D-man and top 6 forward with first line/first pairing potential

Then voila your a contender for 10+ years
and then timmins will pick some random americans from minnesota still in high school...

cap10bfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 08:51 PM
PK76

PK76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 08:52 PM
scottyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap10bfl View Post
and then timmins will pick some random americans from minnesota still in high school...
Cam Fowler?

scottyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 08:54 PM
LaurentHou*

Bad performance of Price, put Halak 3-4 games in a row please.

Gomez... I hate him.

LaurentHou* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
cap10bfl

Send a message via MSN to cap10bfl
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyG View Post
Cam Fowler?
how ironic, my name is cam...

cap10bfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
The fix is in, I call for a recount!
Haha...I actually didn't post much in the 3rd period. Hoping that I wouldn't finish in first.

12-17-2009, 08:56 PM
habtastic

Quote:
i think he was okay and made a few nifty passes. He had some shots but most were not dangerous at all.

The team in general seem robotic. This team just doesn't seem to really care that they are losing. They almost seem okay with it and its frustrating as hell.
ya that's more what I meant. I actually like Gomez as a player and I for one do like his end to end rushes, but when they generate nothing in the circumstance we are in, it's futile. There are a handful of plays he has right now.

Skate it right through the middle past 3 three guys, drop it to MAB and watch some timbits hockey

Skate down the left wing and take a hard slapper that goes above the net right side.

Keep it along the board then shoot it into the slot where there are 3 of the other team's players and one or none of our players, clearly not able to one time his passes

This I think will change with Gio and we'll see the same sort of in-sync game that Plek-Cammy have (and with AK working quite well I must say).

Old
12-17-2009, 08:57 PM
Reiher

You know, I though that today's game wasn't as bad as people are making it out to be. I mean it's becoming increasingly frustrating to watch us lose game in and game out. But man this was game # 4 this week right? I don't know how many of you have played in hockey tournaments. But it's not easy to stay competitive night in and night out. And Montreal tonight just could not buy a goal if their life depended on it. I think the game could have been very different. But this year reminds me of the flu year where Montreal had players constantly sick, this year everyone is constantly injured.

The team when totally healthy I think is going to be quite a good team. But the current schedule and injuries, well as much as it's a lame excuse to say we suck because of injuries. I think more than ever that's true. I mean we're not talking about just losing one key player.

Without Markov, Hammer, Gionta. That's taking a big chunk out of the team. Long term it will probably mean not making the playoffs if the injuries continue or do not stop. Unfortunately that's just part of the game.

Reiher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 08:57 PM
holyhabs87

vCash: 2009
clutterbuck 10 hits

montreal canadiens 12 hits

we so soooff

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 08:58 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
but who? and who would they replace?
The first line is actually worth keeping together I think.
Gomez-Gio- "said player" ?

So then Pouliot with whom? Laps and Moen or Laps and Dago (actually that last line has fail written all over it)?
I don't think we should touch the first line either, but we need a player like moen with a better scoring touch on the 2nd line.

Hartnell would be nice but no chance we land him IMO

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote