HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

#34 - 12.17.09 | New York Rangers @ New York Islanders | 7:00 PM - MSG 2

Old
12-18-2009, 02:01 AM
Washington Capitals

vCash: 500
Gaborik should use his slap shot more.

Washington Capitals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 02:12 AM
mucker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dx3711 View Post
There was actaully more Islander fans but being we had nothing to cheer about the ranger fans were MUCH louder.

I went to both games at MSG you mostly heard Islander fans except for the "Fire Sather" Chant and when they scored.

But yea the Ranger fans were much much louder tonight for obvious reasons.
There defintely were tons more Rangers fans at the Maus than Isles fans at MSG.

I would say the Isles had 15% of MSG....while the Rangers had 40% of the Maus...they may have been muted since even though we won....this is still no time to celebrate too loud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
Yea that has alot to do with it.

But the fact we controlled at least 40% of their building on a bad night is still kinda funny.
Somebody said there were 40% BUF fans at MSG last Saturday which is laugable...it was 5-10% max....they just had a few vocal fans clusterred in one area.
We defintely bring more there.

mucker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 02:15 AM
EvilEmpire94

I was at that Buffalo game and they had maybe 5%, they were just the only ones making noise when buffalo scored. The rest of us were speechless at how bad this team is.

EvilEmpire94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 02:44 AM
mucker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEmpire94 View Post
I was at that Buffalo game and they had maybe 5%, they were just the only ones making noise when buffalo scored. The rest of us were speechless at how bad this team is.
I re-watched the game...and on their last goal you did hear a roar for some reason...amazing that 800 fans could make such noise.

Old
12-18-2009, 06:40 AM
mm11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Joe View Post
You hit it right on the head Inferno. Lundquist made some great saves and Roloson
let in 3 goals on 5 shots. It wasn't like the Rangers were dominating the game they just cashed in on some bad plays down low by the Isles.
The king stole the show. He played ELITE and that makes the differance in games played between two very poor NHL squads at this time. There is no doubt the blue shirts have more offensive talent, defensive talent and goaltender talent.

No coincidence Hank's numbers are getting better once Torts changed systems. The wide open Tampa system employed where the Bulin wall was so consistant holding the fort so guys like Vinny, Boyle and St louis would score enough to win did not test well with Hank unfortunately. Hank did not hold up well under the pressure. Torts either miscalculated Hank's abilities or miscalculated the his overall talent or it was a mix of both.

Hank was not consistant enough to lead the team in this system as it put alot pressure on him so Torts changes things up and the team has troubles scoring but the good news is Hank is warming up again. Year after year, Hank turns it on during the stretch drive. This may very well be the case this year if Torts does not expose him like he did to the Bulin wall. Two differant teams, Tampa had a better supporting cast obviously than the present blue shirts. It's a long season with many many ups and downs and one nice winning streak sometimes is all it takes to make it to the dance. The time may be coming soon enough.

In face of adversity comes opportunities. Whom will lead the way? Hank finally did what he is being paid to do. Be an ELITE NHL goaltender and come up big when the team needed him. Without that first period play by Hank its 3-0 Isles and the blueshirts are gripping sticks tight and steam is coming out of Tort's ears. Great job by the king. Now be consistant at it to be considered ELITE.

mm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 07:46 AM
King of cool
The winning hat

Wondering how this has not been "youtubed" yet.

King of cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 08:19 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by #97 View Post

lol, the only thing I can guess happened is what Lundqvist said. He hit his skate right as he was shooting.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 08:37 AM
King of cool
The winning hat

I'm not at all a Lundqvist hater or basher, but could he possibly be the worst goalie in history regarding stick handling? I mean each time he leaves his crease, we are all holding our breath waiting for something terrible to happen...

Old
12-18-2009, 08:43 AM
Levitate

Quote:
I'm not at all a Lundqvist hater or basher, but could he possibly be the worst goalie in history regarding stick handling? I mean each time he leaves his crease, we are all holding our breath waiting for something terrible to happen...
No, not even close. He's basically average at stickhandling. Tripping on a rut isn't an indication of how good or bad a goalie is at handling the puck

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 09:04 AM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
No, not even close. He's basically average at stickhandling. Tripping on a rut isn't an indication of how good or bad a goalie is at handling the puck
I agree. How many goals have actually been scored this season directly because of his poor stick handling? I can think of maybe like two. I've seen many, many other goalies maker dumber plays.

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 09:08 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
I agree that him falling has nothing to do with stickhandling, but I also don't think he's average in that respect. Every time he plays the puck is an adventure...it's been that way since he first broke into the league. I'd say he's a poor stickhandler, by goaltender standards.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 09:18 AM
King of cool
The winning hat

Yeah by stick handling, I was implying leaving the crease.

Old
12-18-2009, 09:22 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Lundqvist said he came out to play it, then noticed it was a little too far away so he started taking larger strides and just ended up taking a spill.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 09:24 AM
Bluenote13
20 down, 34 to go !

Quote:

I couldn't stop laughing, absolutly priceless play that i've never seen in all my years of hockey

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 10:01 AM
Levitate

I'm not a fan of making fun of players names and stuff like that, but I did get a laugh this morning at the gym where they showed the Rangers highlights on ESPN, and the closed captioning came up with "Dreary" instead of "Drury"

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 10:02 AM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
I couldn't stop laughing, absolutly priceless play that i've never seen in all my years of hockey
Wow that is a whole lot of 'suck' by two players on one play.

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 11:01 AM
LamoTheKid

Quote:
I'm not a fan of making fun of players names and stuff like that, but I did get a laugh this morning at the gym where they showed the Rangers highlights on ESPN, and the closed captioning came up with "Dreary" instead of "Drury"
Dear god I hope someone has a screencap.

LamoTheKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 05:03 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinforcer View Post
There defintely were tons more Rangers fans at the Maus than Isles fans at MSG.

I would say the Isles had 15% of MSG....while the Rangers had 40% of the Maus...they may have been muted since even though we won....this is still no time to celebrate too loud.

Somebody said there were 40% BUF fans at MSG last Saturday which is laugable...it was 5-10% max....they just had a few vocal fans clusterred in one area.
We defintely bring more there.
I would agree with both of the bolded statements, although if we were playing good that 40% easily turns into 50 or 60%.

The last statement is a joke. Who said 40% for Buffalo fans? It was 5% max, if that.

12-18-2009, 07:09 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
I dont think he was gonna beat Thompson to that puck anyway though, it was a bad decision to come out in that instance.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 07:12 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
BTW, I will continue to to praise Dan Girardi since people don't like to around these parts. He's been fantastic in his own zone lately. Making big plays on a regular basis.

Also, I don't think MDZ played bad. He was playing a physical game in his zone, being very chippy, which I like a lot.
Girardi played great, really threw his weight around.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 11:57 PM
mucker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
I would agree with both of the bolded statements, although if we were playing good that 40% easily turns into 50 or 60%.

The last statement is a joke. Who said 40% for Buffalo fans? It was 5% max, if that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSchrute217 View Post

Side note, Buffalo fans ****ing suck. Loud, annoying, and filled up 40% of the building tonight. Most of them were mid-age fat women in Miller jerseys too. Was I the only one who noticed those 3 idiots tonight in the 300s somewhere wearing helmets with orange flashing lights for when the Sabres scored?
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=713423&page=23

Post 574