HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Post-Game #33: Penguins @ Flyers - December 17, 2009

Old
12-17-2009, 11:43 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 691
Post-Game #33: Penguins @ Flyers - December 17, 2009

Prior thread reached 1,000 posts.

This thread is open.

MiamiScreamingEagles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 11:47 PM
PhilaFlyers

vCash: 500
Big winning streak needs to start now.

PhilaFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 11:57 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Don't know if this was posted. So they announced the 3 stars of the game. Carter got 3rd. Fleury got 2nd..and skates onto the ice. That **** pisses me off. Get off the ice, you're not at home! Then they announce the 1st star..."With the winning shoot out goal...Kris Letang!" -- just as Crosby steps on the ice. He heard Letang's name and promptly turned around.

At least that made me laugh.

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 12:28 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

I hate shootouts with a passion.

12-18-2009, 12:49 AM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Probably been said numerous times already, but good effort tonite. Team looks much more cohesive. IMO Jeff Carter is about to go on a real tear.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 01:00 AM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Didn't see much but they took it to the skills competition. Not a bad effort at all.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 01:04 AM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
Boucher is worse than Biron in shootouts.

DeadPhish5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 01:48 AM
claude boivin lives
flat out spectacular

I can probably excuse Boosh more on Letang's goal than Crosby's. He may have totally gotten his jock handed to him on Letang's goal, but Letang made a dirty move that probably would've beaten most goalies.

Crosby's goal, while I know it fluttered and was unexpected, I had a little trouble understanding why Boosh didn't still have time to react and glove it.

On our end, really sucks that Briere couldn't keep the frigging puck on his stuck as he had Fleury totally beat. And Giroux, who got in way too close to Fleury with the puck still on his stick, needs to be a little less concerned with the shake 'n bake, and more concerned with making sure he gets a shot off.

claude boivin lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 02:14 AM
Mike Richards 18

Briere would have been too lazy to roof it and would have hit Fluery directly in the pads. our players are famous for having the whole top of the net to shoot at in the shoot out and to lazy to get it a foot and a half off the ice let alone roofing it.

Mike Richards 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 02:19 AM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
On the other GDT someone brought the point up on, no look passing. I've seen that a lot with this team. Even when Stevens was still in as coach. I agree we need to stop doing those, they always come to bite us in the ass. Almost every time..

Glad to hear Betts had a good game. We missed him very much.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 02:34 AM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules801 View Post
Don't know if this was posted. So they announced the 3 stars of the game. Carter got 3rd. Fleury got 2nd..and skates onto the ice. That **** pisses me off. Get off the ice, you're not at home! Then they announce the 1st star..."With the winning shoot out goal...Kris Letang!" -- just as Crosby steps on the ice. He heard Letang's name and promptly turned around.

If you're a fan who never gets to see your team play on home ice, you appreciate the road players who step on the ice when they've been named one of the 3 stars.

When the Flyers annihilated the Canucks in Vancouver two years ago, all three stars were (obviously) Flyers and all three came on the ice; it was fantastic.

Tonight's game was a step in the right direction. Most guys played their role well and a lot of the mistakes were little things that Laviolette will (hopefully) address and help correct as he adjusts the team to his style.

The JVR-Giroux-Asham line was excellent, Carter was excellent, the defensive combinations, while fresh, looked cohesive and Boucher was very solid. Richards had more fire than I've seen in the last few games, so maybe his 'devastation' at the loss of Stevens has waned some.

CanadianFlyer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 02:38 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
That was a winning type of effort. Good to see. I don't mind an OTL given the way things are going. Now it is time to stick it to the Rangers.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 07:06 AM
Opus

Note for fans of visiting teams,

I don't deal well with trolls, so think before you post.

Regards,

Opy.

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 07:35 AM
infidelappel*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules801 View Post

Screw that. They know they have fans even in our building. I appreciate them putting it out there in the face of certain booing for the fans they do have, even if they are the Pens.

Also, after the game Fleury played and the saves he made, he deserved the right to hop on for his little twirl on the ice. He robbed us a number of times.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 08:51 AM
Orange Crush 89

I was at the game, a ton of fun. Flyers would have (should have) won if it wasn't for that phantom penalty call that ended up tying the game. I'm completely shocked how well Carcillo is playing, considering how much I haven't liked the guy since he came here. If he keeps this up he might become a favorite. If everyone was playing with a fire under their ass like he is the Flyers would be destroying everyone.

Orange Crush 89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 08:55 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by infidelappel View Post
Screw that. They know they have fans even in our building. I appreciate them putting it out there in the face of certain booing for the fans they do have, even if they are the Pens.

Also, after the game Fleury played and the saves he made, he deserved the right to hop on for his little twirl on the ice. He robbed us a number of times.
I'm with you - I am a hockey fan first, and I like the chance to applaud a good performance by an opposing player if it's earned. And last night, Fleury earned it.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 09:00 AM
Orange Crush 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPhish5858 View Post
Boucher is worse than Biron in shootouts.
And shootouts are still the dumbest way to end a hockey game, ever.

Orange Crush 89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 09:03 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Crush 89 View Post
And shootouts are still the dumbest way to end a hockey game, ever.
Well being honest, even if I do sorta agree, what do you do? Go until someone scores? Impossible since teams play back to back games. I guess you can go back to ties. Those are kinda boring though. The idea of shootouts are to bring excitement to the end of the game. Its a ****** way to lose, but personally, I do think its fun to watch.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 09:13 AM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
yeah shootouts are necessary, but I think it should be 5 shooters, and maybe a 10 minute OT first

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 09:27 AM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
If you're a fan who never gets to see your team play on home ice, you appreciate the road players who step on the ice when they've been named one of the 3 stars.

When the Flyers annihilated the Canucks in Vancouver two years ago, all three stars were (obviously) Flyers and all three came on the ice; it was fantastic.
Agreed! I would love to see them skate out after beating the Laffs if I were at the game. However, they lost both games last year and I can't remember if any of them were selected as stars. But after a win, I would definitely want to see them.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 09:30 AM
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Well being honest, even if I do sorta agree, what do you do? Go until someone scores? Impossible since teams play back to back games. I guess you can go back to ties. Those are kinda boring though. The idea of shootouts are to bring excitement to the end of the game. Its a ****** way to lose, but personally, I do think its fun to watch.
You let games finish 3-3 or whatever. There's no need to have a winner in each game, except for the playoffs.
I like the 5 min OT, let's leave it there.

Vikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 09:32 AM
MsWoof

I was not going to watch last night because I thought it was going to be another massacre, but was very happy with the way they played. They didn't give up and while guys like Carcillo still are our best players, nobody really stood out as being bad. They played hard for the full game and can really build on this. Give Laviolette a chance to implement his changes and the guys to learn them and then if he thinks a trade is needed, do it in the new year. They can't un-do all the bad stuff in one week.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 09:44 AM
chimrichalds18
the key

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
yeah shootouts are necessary, but I think it should be 5 shooters, and maybe a 10 minute OT first
Yep, 10 minute 4-on-4. Open that ice up and get that back and forth hockey going. Pretty entertaining.

chimrichalds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 10:19 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimrichalds18 View Post
Yep, 10 minute 4-on-4. Open that ice up and get that back and forth hockey going. Pretty entertaining.
I've been all for 10 minute 4 on 4 and a 5 person shootout since the start of the second post-lockout season.

Last edited by JLHockeyKnight: 12-18-2009 at 10:26 AM.
JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 10:47 AM
JSTAFF

Hey guess what. The flyers ****ing suck. Until we get a superstar we'll never win.

JSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote