HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs REKE Again!...Lose 3-1...but...

Old
12-18-2009, 08:55 AM
Jiggernaut

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyG View Post
Guys if we do tank how do you see it happening (say we trade everyone important what can we get for them) It's just a game so don't think i actually wanna trade everyone.

Markov= Young top 4 with top 2 potential + First round pick + Young top 6 with First line potential

Price= Keep him he's still young

Hamrlik= 1st round-2nd round or good prospect

Spacek= 2nd round pick + 3rd-5th round pick

Pleks= 2nd round pick or good prospect

Gomez= Bag of pucks

Gionta= See Spacek

Cammy=1st round pick + top 6 player

Laraque= 7th round pick or some random prospect

Think about it we will probably have a top 5 pick plus 3 other first round picks this year

Then we will have a total of 4 picks between round 2-3

And top 4 D-man and top 6 forward with first line/first pairing potential

Then voila your a contender for 10+ years
Not breaking all of these down, but essentially for our 'most valuable assets' you're willing to trade what we know we have: Markov (top 10 d man in the league arguably), Spacek (top 4 D on most teams), pleks (60-70 point guy), Cammy (35+ goal scorer), and Gionta (25+ goals), for what exactly?

I mean cammy's 27 and a 30+ proven goal scorer. Trade him for a top 6 guy? Why? Cammy's a Top 3 guy. And then roll the dice on what will be a low 1st round pick? Yah maybe you'll get lucky and pull out a Corry Perry or something like. Or probably you'll just get what most teams get. An average every day player.

Unless you're getting a Top 5 pick for any of these guys, what you're proposing is that we trade these guys now, so we can sit around and hope that the return they give us come close to being the players that we already have.

And the fact is, no team will part with a top 5 pick for any of these players.

Jiggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 09:18 AM
linp

Is it a coincident that Price's game is worsen when Bob wanting to trade Halak to the Flyer? Price still needs more maturing.

It is sad to realize that our team is not good enough to compete. We have to dress players like Laraque playing 1.59 minutes and Pyatt playing 3.00 minutes. Playing two nights in a roll with over 20 minutes per game, you can see that both Plekanec and Cammalleri looked tired in the 3rd period.

We have only one line that can score. No matter how JM changes the other 3 lines, they can't score anyway. Right now, Gionta is our only hope. Bob needs to make a trade for another sniper (with size). I hope Pouliot can play tonight and shows me something.

linp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 09:49 AM
BLONG7

Tough to watch for sure guys....but there is 46 games left, and we will have Markov and Gionta back soon....maybe the 7 game road trip will bring these guys together? All 7 games are winnable games...the trip is also broken up b a break at Xmas, so it's not that bad......I say 5-2 on the road will have the bipolar crowd happy again, sort of...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 09:52 AM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggernaut View Post
Not breaking all of these down, but essentially for our 'most valuable assets' you're willing to trade what we know we have: Markov (top 10 d man in the league arguably), Spacek (top 4 D on most teams), pleks (60-70 point guy), Cammy (35+ goal scorer), and Gionta (25+ goals), for what exactly?

I mean cammy's 27 and a 30+ proven goal scorer. Trade him for a top 6 guy? Why? Cammy's a Top 3 guy. And then roll the dice on what will be a low 1st round pick? Yah maybe you'll get lucky and pull out a Corry Perry or something like. Or probably you'll just get what most teams get. An average every day player.

Unless you're getting a Top 5 pick for any of these guys, what you're proposing is that we trade these guys now, so we can sit around and hope that the return they give us come close to being the players that we already have.

And the fact is, no team will part with a top 5 pick for any of these players.
markov maybe

subbanged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 10:19 AM
chris96

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
No, we'd just draft a "sure thing" American college defenseman...
yeah cause drafting Cam Fowler would be such a horrible idea

chris96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 11:34 AM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
And booing the team as they leave the ice... more like the worst.
I hate it when they do that but every arena boo their own players sometime

Last edited by Quarantesix: 12-18-2009 at 11:44 AM.
Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 11:42 AM
smon

Quote:
And booing the team as they leave the ice... more like the worst.
Yup, selling out the building every night is the sign of a horrible fanbase.

Call them the worst when the Canadiens have to engage in season ticket save-the-franchise drives.

smon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 11:59 AM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
I hate it when they do that but every arena boo their own players sometime
Not nearly so much. Although they're pretty demanding in Philly, too, but nowhere else compares.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smon View Post
Yup, selling out the building every night is the sign of a horrible fanbase.
The Habs' fanbase is really weird. I think they might be the only club who has a large chunk of the fanbase built around hating various parts of the club. Sometimes I think a lot of them are deep down rather pleased to see the club crash and burn.

It's a fanbase that likes to think it's knowledgeable and sophisticated, but in reality it's often just wrongheaded. Just look at where they get their information from.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 12:00 PM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:
How the hell was I 5 posts out of being top poster last night? I completely crapped out in the last period.

I went to go sit down on the couch to watch the game with my wife, and about two minutes in I was snoring. I got woken up by Minny's third goal, said "Well forget it, it's a done deal now" and turned on V For Vendetta (Which by the way has an ending of epic proportions).

Can't really comment much on it because I wasn't into the game too much, so I ask : ... The HELL happened? How come our team fails to show up for New Jersey and then we fly back home and have the same kind of night?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris96 View Post
yeah cause drafting Cam Fowler would be such a horrible idea
Ryan McDonagh wasn't such a bad idea either.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 12-18-2009 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Merge
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 12:07 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
How come our team fails to show up for New Jersey and then we fly back home and have the same kind of night?
This was more of a 'cannot buy a goal' type of loss than 'fail to show up' kind of loss.

Old
12-18-2009, 12:09 PM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:
Quote:
This was more of a 'cannot buy a goal' type of loss than 'fail to show up' kind of loss.
So they were firing from all cylinders and Backstrom was standing on his head?

Old
12-18-2009, 12:16 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
So they were firing from all cylinders and Backstrom was standing on his head?
I wouldn't say 'firing on all cylinders', but the Habs generated a good number of chances to tie the game but Backstrom went 30-for-31. It wasn't a case of a goalie standing on his head to steal the game, but with a bit more luck or a bit less of a hot goalie, the Habs would have tied it before the Wild's third goal.

Some of the wins the Habs have had lately were mostly on their goaltender. Even if it's far from perfect, it's kind of nice to see some flow going the other side, even if only because Minnesota went into a shell with a 2-1 lead.

Old
12-18-2009, 12:18 PM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:
Quote:
I wouldn't say 'firing on all cylinders', but the Habs generated a good number of chances to tie the game but Backstrom went 30-for-31. It wasn't a case of a goalie standing on his head to steal the game, but with a bit more luck or a bit less of a hot goalie, the Habs would have tied it before the Wild's third goal.

Some of the wins the Habs have had lately were mostly on their goaltender. Even if it's far from perfect, it's kind of nice to see some flow going the other side, even if only because Minnesota went into a shell with a 2-1 lead.
You know what's funny? The last time Montreal fired more then 30 shots was that 3-2 win against Carolina, who was the worst team at the time. Including last night, there's only been 2 games in the last 19 that we actually shot more then 30 pucks.

Old
12-18-2009, 03:11 PM
smon

Quote:
The Habs' fanbase is really weird. I think they might be the only club who has a large chunk of the fanbase built around hating various parts of the club. Sometimes I think a lot of them are deep down rather pleased to see the club crash and burn.

It's a fanbase that likes to think it's knowledgeable and sophisticated, but in reality it's often just wrongheaded. Just look at where they get their information from.
True, to some extent. The players run out of town by the zealous media and easily worked up fans over the years could probably ice a pretty good team themselves. It does seem sometimes that the solution to everything according to most fans is...dump this guy, etc, etc.

smon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 03:21 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by earl the habs fan View Post
The Clutterbuck Cluster****

I think peeps might have missed this gem...

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote