HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Am I the Reason?

Old
12-17-2009, 10:02 PM
bl0ck

vCash: 500
Am I the Reason?

Before you look at my post count just hear me out and give me your opinions and suggestions.

I for one consider myself to me a very loyal habs fan from the day I learned what hockey was. I have always been the optimistic friend out of the bunch, but after tonights loss i had to evaluate myself as a fan. I'am very well aware of how superstitious players can be, so i got to thinking of myself. Have any of you ever noticed that when you turn on a game the habs get scored on? Well what happens when its every game you watch?

I try to watch every game possible but obviuosly with work and university it can become almost impossible. This season my Canadiens record while I have been watching are an astonishing:
(2 - 15 - 1)

That is including the dec.3 thrashing from the sabres which i attended with the wife....the 5 game losing streak we are currently on, and for the opposite i missed the 100 anniversary game against the bruins where we dominated...

So habs fans I must ask. Am i being silly? Or should i quit watching our habs play for a while?

bl0ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 10:04 PM
Travis Moen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl0ck View Post
Am i being silly?
Yes

EOT

Travis Moen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 10:09 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Interesting. Mind testing out your powers by cheering for the Bruins or Leafs as you watch one of their games? For scientific purposes of course and only 2 or 3 games. No one can withstand that much torture for extended periods of time.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 10:11 PM
Craig71

Quote:
Before you look at my post count just hear me out and give me your opinions and suggestions.

I for one consider myself to me a very loyal habs fan from the day I learned what hockey was. I have always been the optimistic friend out of the bunch, but after tonights loss i had to evaluate myself as a fan. I'am very well aware of how superstitious players can be, so i got to thinking of myself. Have any of you ever noticed that when you turn on a game the habs get scored on? Well what happens when its every game you watch?

I try to watch every game possible but obviuosly with work and university it can become almost impossible. This season my Canadiens record while I have been watching are an astonishing:
(2 - 15 - 1)

That is including the dec.3 thrashing from the sabres which i attended with the wife....the 5 game losing streak we are currently on, and for the opposite i missed the 100 anniversary game against the bruins where we dominated...

So habs fans I must ask. Am i being silly? Or should i quit watching our habs play for a while?
Have a drink my friend.

Craig71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 10:15 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
I know a guy who never watched hockey because the Habs "always lost" when he watch. Both times I saw games with him they won. I should watch with him more often, but sadly he lives in f'ing Trois-Rivières and is the most depressing person to hang out with you can find (really good guy tho, when he's not threatening to effing kill himself or something).

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 10:42 PM
Craig71

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
I know a guy who never watched hockey because the Habs "always lost" when he watch. Both times I saw games with him they won. I should watch with him more often, but sadly he lives in f'ing Trois-Rivières and is the most depressing person to hang out with you can find (really good guy tho, when he's not threatening to effing kill himself or something).
You sure he's not on this board?

Old
12-17-2009, 10:45 PM
goman

Quote:

I think it's not what you're doing, but what you're not doing. I'm going to suggest you stop watching until they win and when they win, don't shower until they lose. To clarify, while they're winning you also shouldn't watch. Finally, I'd suggest you stand on your head for 20 minutes after every loss in an attempt to "reverse" the team's fortunes. And keep a penny in your underwear.

goman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 10:45 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:

(2 - 15 - 1)

Yes it's you. GTFO and never watch a game in your life, you're ruining the season and....and my life.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 10:46 PM
Craig71

Maybe you are the COOLER.

Old
12-17-2009, 10:47 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Pure coincidence... but entirely possible

In the same way you can flip a coin 10 times in a row and get all heads (happens only about 1 in a thousand times though)

Keep watching... chances are the situation will reverse

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 10:49 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Am I the other reason?

Habs are 1-0 when I do the GDT.

Funny fact: That win was the last game of Carbo as a coach.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 10:50 PM
goman

Actually, now that I think about it, that makes the Habs 13-3-2 when you don't watch. You may actually be good luck. You should have a bunch of people come over to not watch.

goman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 10:52 PM
RE-HABS

Maybe I need to buy season tickets as the Habs are 3-0 every game I have attended!

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 10:57 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar View Post

funny fact: this is a brutal excuse for a thread

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 10:57 PM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

I'm 1-0 when doing the GDT too.

funny fact: it was our last victory.

Jee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 11:13 PM
Reiher

How about we apply quantum mechanics to this superstitiousness. I mean come on, the probability that you are effecting the outcome of the game by watching or not watching is ridiculous. I have watched a few games when I've had time, shouldn't have tonight as I have a final tomorrow but anyways. The chances are with the way the team is currently short staffed due to injuries you will watch more games resulting in losses than you will in wins. But each event is mutually exclusive. Thus don't be superstitious.

Reiher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 11:58 AM
angelo74

Make every effort to watch every second of every game.
This way we can get a shot at a #1 pick in the draft.

angelo74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 12:02 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

You remember that year where the habs where in first, or close to going into the Christmas break, then went downhill ? Well, around that time I got a shirt from my ex and they started to suck. A year later, when they did finish first, they went on a 3, or 4 game losing streak just after I got another shirt from my ex...

If anything, she probably sent me a shirt I haven't gotten yet...

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 12:05 PM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar View Post

Coach Killer.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote