HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mtl -cbj

Old
12-18-2009, 02:06 PM
habsfans333*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy1 View Post
I think the Blue Jackets fans will laugh at you. But thanks anyways
Laugh?

Plekanec is a front runner for Selke Trophy.

2nd forward in the league for SH TOI
6th forward in the league for SH/TOI
7th in the LEAGUE for Assists
Top-25 for Points
One of the best PKer of the league

Versus

Molotov Ruskov who dodged away from his team...Who didn't showed he could play on both end of the ice in the NHL.

habsfans333* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 02:10 PM
habsfans333*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper11 View Post
No way can I see CBJ giving up Filatov for 3 months of Pleks.

Yes, Pleks is having a very good year. But that is coming off of a bad year. He just isn't the kind of player that you are going to get a prime asset for as a rental. He doesn't have the proven track record that makes him worth that much for a short-term fix.

I think Montreal's best bet is to try and resign him. He will be worth more to Montreal that way than anything they could get for him as a rental. If they can't resign him, and aren't in the playoff hunt at the deadline, I think you will be pretty disappointed by the return. You are probably looking at something like the 2nd round pick that Antropov returned last year, maybe a mid-level prospect thrown in.
Are you trying to compare Antropov and Plekanec?

Plekanec doesn't have a proven track? He have a 29 goals and 69 goals seaosn under his belt... Three 20+ goals season in a row, and currently in a career year.

He would fetch a top tier prospect or a 1st round at the deadline.

habsfans333* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 03:14 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed View Post
Core is like the guys you will have on your team for the long haul. They are the identity of your team. It's not just "good players". This is Cammalleri's FIRST year with Montreal, he hasn't had ANY 80 point seasons with you. If we weren't a budget team we could have spent money on guys like that, but we can't.

If you understood what "core" meant you would understand that EVERY team only has a handful of guys in it. Instead you think you know everything and try very poorly to attack Columbus. Your core players would include Markov, Price, Pacioretty....maybe Plekanec...MAYBE Akost but with all of the trade offers with him involved I'm not convinced. that's about it. the rest of the guys won't be in MTL for their careers. Our core is Nash, Mason, Voracek, and Brassard. That's probably it. the number of players will be similar for EVERY team.

and btw, the guy you quoted isn't a Columbus fan. So you lashed out on the CBJ for literally no reason. good going.

My sincere apologies. I was truly simply trying to show him what an ___ he was being, and turned into a bigger one. I stand corrected, and you are right on all levels. I thought he was a Columbus fan trashing the Habs, but two wrongs do not make a right. Sorry (especially since I actually like the CBJ! Sigh...my temper and mouth run away from my mind at times...).

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote