HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"Let It Snow" - 12.17-09 - Nashville at Edmonton 8:30 CST

Old
12-18-2009, 07:03 AM
smitty10

vCash: 500
Wow Goc already has 5 goals! Thats over double more than he had all last season!

Seriously though, It is good to see him producing and taking well to that 3rd line role. I'd have to say that IMO he is one of the best bottom 6 forwards in the league. Great defensively, a good skater who is good with the puck along the boards and is a decent checker as well. I would think that there will be a few teams looking at this guy in the offseason if he doesn't re-sign in Nashville. Especially now that he is getting a few points.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 08:47 AM
OpenWheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCpredator View Post
I'm an Arny apologist. I make excuses for his lackadaisical manner on the ice e.g. he's pacing himself because of his age and the length of the season, he has an uncanny ability to be in the right place at the right time, fantastic ability to take away the puck when opponents are breaking out, etc...
If Arnott felt like bringing it every night he'd be a regular 30+ g 70 points man most years, instead of those being his high water marks. I love it when he gets angry, because a goal soon follows.

But he's survived 17 seasons and still going good. So it's easy to say a guy should play hard in the tough game known as NHL hockey. A lot harder to do. I don't know of many players who don't take some shifts off once in awhile. I wish Arnott always played with that fire he sometimes brings though. He's scary good at those times. But I also want him to play at whatever pace he can sustain and stay healthy.

His even keel demeanor doesn't seem too bad for this years team. I used to think he needed to be a more vocal demonstrative captain, which isn't really his style.

Last edited by OpenWheel: 12-18-2009 at 08:57 AM.
OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 09:52 AM
jstreet
Sad McDavid

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
This has to be a joke. NHL.com has the three stars as 3) Dan Ellis with a .955 SV%, 2) Patric Hornqvist with 3 pts (2G 1A), and 1) Robert Nilsson with 2 goals?!?!

Not to take anything away from Nilsson. I think he earned a star, but first star? Really? Oh well... home ice advantage I guess.
yeah I watched a sports highlight show that went something like this:

Roll the tape, Nilsson with great speed! SPLITS the D! Scores, and here is another!......

....but the Preds went on to win 6-3. Onto the next game.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 10:27 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
So that's how Guiness is made...
Amazing isn't it?

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 01:33 PM
shaner89

Leaf fan here.

I must say i do root for the Preds when they play. They always seem to be the underdog, yet there really not... hard to explain.

Patric Hornqvist is outstanding. I love this kids game and he continues to improve. I noticed when he plays with Arnott and or Dumont, he is extremly dangerous. I hope he can hit the 20-25 goal mark this yr. He is a future 35 goal scorer.

shaner89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 02:27 PM
jstreet
Sad McDavid

vCash: 50
so what changed for Hornqvist?

Last year it was weak wristers from the dot that would make any goalie laugh, this year he's standing in the crease and banging it right through.

What got in to him?

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 02:39 PM
Jonesey
It's almost time..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstreet View Post

Last year it was weak wristers from the dot that would make any goalie laugh, this year he's standing in the crease and banging it right through.

What got in to him?
Not wanting to be back on the bus.

Jonesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 02:51 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstreet View Post

What got in to him?
Trotz was saying the main thing is confidence. He apparently didn't expect the game to move as quickly as it did, last season...and as such, he doubted his game and couldn't figure out what was going on or how to keep up. He was given some things to work on, and some time in Milwaukee in which to work on them...and now you see the difference. I think he's figured out that he's never going to be a sniper...but he could make a good living in the NHL as a 20-30 goal Ryan Smyth type....something our team has lacked since Hartnell left.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 03:08 PM
OpenWheel

I hope Trotz continues to find ice time for Hornqvist. It seemed not long ago his ice time had been ridiculously low for several games.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 03:15 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post
I hope Trotz continues to find ice time for Hornqvist. It seemed not long ago his ice time had been ridiculously low for several games.
well, even now, he's really only seeing icetime on the PP. ES, he's alternating with Jones on the fourth line with Belak. his recent icetime increase really only lends itself to Tootoo's injury.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 09:05 PM
Webersmashpuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
well, even now, he's really only seeing icetime on the PP. ES, he's alternating with Jones on the fourth line with Belak. his recent icetime increase really only lends itself to Tootoo's injury.
He played more against the Oilers even strength. Probably more ice time than Dumont or really close.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote