HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Elkins, Martinez, Moller and Parse

Old
12-18-2009, 03:12 PM
Rommel

vCash: 500
Elkins, Martinez, Moller and Parse

Quote:
Corey Elkins, Alec Martinez, Oscar Moller and Scott Parse have been assigned to Manchester today which, if nothing else, gives them a chance to get in a couple games while the Kings are off. It’s not known how many of those players will be coming back after the break. Also, Ryan Smyth has been activated from injured reserve, the last hurdle before his expected return on Dec. 26.
http://lakingsinsider.com/?p=2546

Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 03:14 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

I would expect atleast Parse to get recalled when we come back from the break.

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 03:16 PM
Johnny Utah

I don't know Parse's play has slipped as late and he hasn't been on the ice much during the 3rd periods....

It could easily be...

Williams-Kopitar-Smyth
Brown-Stoll-Frolov
Purcell-Handzus-Richardson
Moller-Elkins-Ivanans

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 03:23 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
I don't know Parse's play has slipped as late and he hasn't been on the ice much during the 3rd periods....

It could easily be...

Williams-Kopitar-Smyth
Brown-Stoll-Frolov
Purcell-Handzus-Richardson
Moller-Elkins-Ivanans
Flip Frolov and Brown, Smyth and Williams to their natural wings, and you got it.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 03:24 PM
Rommel

I hate Purcell. For me, Parse continues with the Kings.

This is my lineup:

Smyth-Anze-Williams

Frolov-Stoll - Brown

Parse-Handzuš-Moller

Ivanāns (?) -Elkins-Richardson

Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 03:31 PM
Shellz

I don't really care what the line ups look like as long as Ritis isn't on the first 3. Purcell has had a good couple games, but has done nothing to actually help the team. I would like to see him gone. Parse put in his spot in the second line with Stoll and Brown. But, I also like seeing Richie and Brown together. Anyways, I'm done watching Teddy fail. I had more patience for Richie than I do Teddy. Is that weird?

Rich Hammond :

Quote:
The post-surgery update on Simmonds was that Simmonds would be evaluated again a week after the surgery, at which point a timetable might be set.

http://lakingsinsider.com/?p=2384

Monday will be one week since the surgery.

Last edited by Shellz: 12-18-2009 at 03:40 PM.
Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 03:36 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Smart move, Manchester could use the firepower.

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 03:44 PM
dabeechman

Anybody else get a little tingle in the pants seeing "Ryan Smyth has been activated from injured reserve?"

It will be nice to see a full roster again.

dabeechman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 03:48 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
everything depends on Simmonds.......

Handzus is not working as offensive center...

so..

Smyth - Kopitar - Williams
Frolov - Richardson - Brown
Moller - Handzus - Purcell
Parse - Elkins - Segal
or something

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 03:57 PM
MxK1NGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post

so..

Parse - Elkins - Segal
or something
So who does Jarret Stoll play for?
FYI, Segal is on IR. Well he was the last time I checked.

MxK1NGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 04:10 PM
Ollie Weeks

Parse, and possibly Moller, should be returning for December 26th.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 04:18 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
I would expect atleast Parse to get recalled when we come back from the break.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. I really don't see a need for anyone else at the moment.

I'd be interested in seeing how Parse does back at manchester. He must have gained a ton of confidence playing up here with the big boys.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 04:26 PM
DapperDan
Bad Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post

so..

Parse - Elkins - Segal
or something
I know you got your opinions and all but you have NO reason to hate on Stoll the way you do. He has done everything he has been expected to and more. He plays physical, wins face-offs, uses that booming shot of his pretty well from the point (it has been responsible for plenty of goals this season already), and has scored 25 points in 33 games (outscoring centers around the league that are considered more talented in that regard). And while I like Richardson and appreciate his game as of late, there is no way he does all that at this point in his career. I've said this time and time again, our need for a "true" #2 center isn't as great as some of you may think. Stoll is the kind of utility player I want anchoring a line that gets a lot of minutes. And with our secondary scoring stepping it up (and Smyth coming back to re-ignite the 1st line), we don't need him to be a Lecavalier, or a Zetterberg, or a Brad Richards.

DapperDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 05:22 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Parse will probably be the only one recalled after Christmas.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 06:53 PM
Shellz

All the boys will be playing tomorrow night for the Monarchs just heard it from the announcer. Which is very good for the team.

Edit: The announcer came back and said HOPEFULLY they will be back.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 09:06 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Maybe i'm reading too much into this, but as i said on rich's blog it seems a bit odd for the Kings to send Parse down to Manchester for just one game, and that maybe this could mean Simmonds is way ahead of schedule.... (Simmonds is listed as week to week) Once Simmonds is back then we'll have a fully healthy team. But with that said hopefully Parse is coming back up, as i like him better then Ivanans, Harrold, or Purcell

Last edited by CTKingsFan: 12-18-2009 at 09:12 PM.
CTKingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 09:32 PM
Johnny Utah

By the way, Im watching the Hawks game and they are loaded...All 4 lines have good players on it...No Peter Harrold or Drewiske's at forward....Kings really need to solve that 4th line issue soon and get some guys to help Richardson-Ivanans....not a scorer like Purcell who is demoted....

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 10:20 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelle121 View Post
All the boys will be playing tomorrow night for the Monarchs just heard it from the announcer. Which is very good for the team.

Edit: The announcer came back and said HOPEFULLY they will be back.
I'll definitely be watching tomorrow's game. Hopefully, Parse and the boys will have a good showing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingOmatic View Post
Maybe i'm reading too much into this, but as i said on rich's blog it seems a bit odd for the Kings to send Parse down to Manchester for just one game, and that maybe this could mean Simmonds is way ahead of schedule.... (Simmonds is listed as week to week) Once Simmonds is back then we'll have a fully healthy team. But with that said hopefully Parse is coming back up, as i like him better then Ivanans, Harrold, or Purcell
Not so much Simmonds as perhaps Stoll. With Smyth back and probably Stoll, maybe Parse will stay down there for the remainder of the year. It's not out of the question I suppose.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 10:59 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
By the way, Im watching the Hawks game and they are loaded...All 4 lines have good players on it...No Peter Harrold or Drewiske's at forward....Kings really need to solve that 4th line issue soon and get some guys to help Richardson-Ivanans....not a scorer like Purcell who is demoted....
You crack me up with that fourth line stuff

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2009, 12:47 AM
Hollywood

I just wish we had a true 2nd line center so we could move Stoll to the 3rd and then lose Handzus and his 4.25 million dollar contract.
Parse Moller Purcell would have been a nice line to try out as Moller and Purcell worked very well together out there except it was with Ivanans...
be interesting to see what happens...

Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2009, 01:03 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
I just wish we had a true 2nd line center so we could move Stoll to the 3rd and then lose Handzus and his 4.25 million dollar contract.
Parse Moller Purcell would have been a nice line to try out as Moller and Purcell worked very well together out there except it was with Ivanans...
be interesting to see what happens...
I personally would much rather get rid of Stoll and keep Handzus. Given how bad our goals against is, I don't even want to attempt to imagine it without Handzus in the lineup. This team needs to strengthen it's defense before they start giving away it's top defensive players.

Old
12-19-2009, 01:18 AM
Hollywood

Telos,
You are aware that handzus was forced to become a defensive player since he joined the Kings? He was signed as an offensive option and clearly this was not possible for him anymore after his knee injury. As a defensive player he has his shortcomings also in that he is the slowest player in the league. PK players are generally faster having to cover more ice for the lack of a player...
We have no dominant centre in the faceoff circle either(in fact stoll is our best), which is why we get scored on off of faceoffs at key times, remember the other night... do you think Kopitar would have taken that draw if we had a better faceoff man? Answer is no...
I completely disagree with your assessment of Handzus.
I will give him credit as he has scored a few timely shootout goals for us but as a 4.25 million dollar player that is defensive that doesn't do a good job on the 2nd line PP and that is not good on draws and that is slow as all hell?
that said, I do think he does a good job on the 3rd line but....not at his value...

Old
12-19-2009, 02:47 AM
ru4reals

I just hope Kopi can get out of this slump now that Smyth is back. My goodness he's been hard to watch at times without Smyth. This eight day break will help all the guys, but now I just hope they don't come back flat after such a long break.

ru4reals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2009, 03:46 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Telos,
You are aware that handzus was forced to become a defensive player since he joined the Kings?
He was always a two-way player.

Quote:
He was signed as an offensive option and clearly this was not possible for him anymore after his knee injury.
Far-reaching speculation. He put up similar numbers last season to what he did with the Flyers the season before his injury.

Quote:
As a defensive player he has his shortcomings also in that he is the slowest player in the league.
Exaggeration. You must be clocking him after he has spent 1:30 as a rock on a PK shift.

Quote:
PK players are generally faster having to cover more ice for the lack of a player...
Someone needs to tell this to the entire team, maybe defining a PK is what some of them need to improve our kill percentage.

Quote:
We have no dominant centre in the faceoff circle either(in fact stoll is our best)
And Handzus is the second best. I think a loss of ~5% in the faceoff circle is worth the large defensive capability Zues has over Stoll. Zues is 50th in the entire NHL with a 50.5% faceoff percentage, and Stoll is 14th with a 54.6%... 4.1% difference.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...ewName=summary

Quote:
which is why we get scored on off of faceoffs at key times, remember the other night... do you think Kopitar would have taken that draw if we had a better faceoff man? Answer is no...
I don't understand your logic here. You just said Stoll was our best, then you follow up that Kopitar wouldn't have taken the draw if he wasn't our best... But, you just said Stoll is the best... Oh yeah, Zues is better than Kopi in the circle too. Kopi is 75th with a 46.4%

Quote:
I completely disagree with your assessment of Handzus.
I will give him credit as he has scored a few timely shootout goals for us but as a 4.25 million dollar player that is defensive that doesn't do a good job on the 2nd line PP and that is not good on draws and that is slow as all hell?
that said, I do think he does a good job on the 3rd line but....not at his value...
His job is to stand in front of the goaltender and be a grease man. Which he does, while also being above average along the boards... Maybe your powerplay criticism should go to the philosophy of maintaining the puck around the left side of the boards and cycling forever and not taking shots on goal. Not even Kopitar has been setting the world on fire on the powerplay since Smyth went down. Hard to criticize Zeus for our problems when our star isn't even performing on the primary unit.

As for his value, what does it matter? He is getting paid $600k more than Stoll, but he does a million more than Stoll in the defensive zone. He can put up similar offensive numbers as Stoll if he was given the same opportunities on the second line that Stoll receives, he is just way more valuable in a two-way role. Either way, the Kings aren't hurting on cap and can afford overpaid veterans, especially an extra $600k if we had to choose between the two...

Last edited by Telos: 12-19-2009 at 03:51 AM.
Old
12-19-2009, 11:10 AM
Hollywood

You make some good pts but my point regarding the faceoff circle is that we don't have a good faceoff man. Stoll was injured so I don't see how he could have taken that draw? do you? Therefore, down to Handzus and Kopitar and I guess Murray decided to go with Kopi...
As for his value I guess we can agree to disagree but I don't see him having a role on this team especially at 4 million after this contract.
I am not all down on him either as I said he has done some timely things for us this year... i just feel at his price..no thanks..
To the thread, I was pretty impressed with Elkins so far... Hope to see him again before years end...