HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Coyotes @ Maple Leafs (12/16/09)

Old
12-16-2009, 10:18 PM
Jakeman

vCash: 500
Love the win and the good spirits on our coyotes board, us fans deserve it after suck a crappy spring and summer. I hope the fans soon come back too, this team is for real.

Jakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 11:00 PM
last row purple

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky View Post
I was going to comment after the thread turned into a Phoenix has a fan? joke. Decided not to bother. The maple laughs and their fans can be pretty hard to take.

They are complaining that 4 of the goals were questionable and obviously the refs have it out for them.

to be fair, 1 goal was clearly offside and another barely crossed the line (if at all). I agree with you about the *****ing and moaning though. Some of my fellow Leafs fans sound like a bunch of fools after losses.

last row purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 11:24 PM
ducky

So...Mueller sits. Schenn sits.

1 for 1 trade in the works?

ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 11:31 PM
CanadasTeam
HFBoards Sponsor

Congrats to the Coyotes I anticipated them to be fired up tonight, Bryz is a good goalie. sadly the leafs didn't play a full 60.

Kudos to the players for remaining focused and not allow themselves to be distracted with all the media talks. Heard your coach on the radio this morning and he's class act. Best wishes to your team.

CanadasTeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 11:38 PM
last row purple

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky View Post
So...Mueller sits. Schenn sits.

1 for 1 trade in the works?
Schenn has been a healthy scratch for the last 3 games. The Leafs started the season playing him on his off side and he took a while to adjust. He's been making alot of "young" mistakes.

Pretty sure he'll be back in on Friday night (now that we have lost a game).

last row purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 12:02 AM
LaLaLand

Coyotes are going to make the playoffs this year Bryzgreezy is playing like a man possessed.

LaLaLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 06:44 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeman View Post
Mueller will be a healthy scratch , per TSN for tonights game. I don't understand this, I thought he was coming around.
He is just so, so, so painfully SOFT. He looked like a scared little ***** in Detroit. His effort level has improved, and he's creating more chances. No arguing that. He's giving second efforts and playing with purpose. We can all be happy about that. He hasn't done so since he was a rookie. Still, he's probably the softest player in the NHL. He gets pushed off the puck so easily for a big kid. He shies away from contact, and will panic, making a bad play, rather than take a hit to make a good play.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 08:03 AM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
...Still, he's probably the softest player in the NHL. He gets pushed off the puck so easily for a big kid. ....
Granted the operative word being NHL, but no way he is worse than Turris was in the department of getting pushed off the puck. Yes Turris has the weight, age etc...just saying.

Maybe that Concussion last year was more damaging? IDK, how do you put that behind you and get your edge back?

As for the game, TORs defense is more porous than swiss cheese. How ever much Komeserik is paid it's way too much. I never watched much of him in MTL, but he was just slow, in bad position all night long. Whats the love affair with the guy back east? Just a bad game for him?

Howl!

TeamTippett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 09:25 AM
zz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTurris View Post
Granted the operative word being NHL, but no way he is worse than Turris was in the department of getting pushed off the puck. Yes Turris has the weight, age etc...just saying.
Utter nonsense. Turris is a light weight, but he's far from soft. The kid has balls of steel. I never saw him shy away from contact. He's got a crash-the-net goal scorer instinct. Yes, he does fall down a lot. Until he gets stronger, not much he can do about it. But calling him soft?

Mueller has a big body. Mueller is much older. Mueller is fully grown. There's no reason for him not to fight for pucks. Mueller's problem is not that he doesn't win battles. It's that he scared of even getting into a battle.

zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 11:13 AM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Quote:
Originally Posted by last row purple View Post
Am I the only one that thinks coaching has a lot to do with the improvement of this team?
Nope...I knew this team had alot more talent and potential if they had a better coach than you know who.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 11:25 AM
52G228PIM*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGM97 View Post
Nope...I knew this team had alot more talent and potential if they had a better coach than you know who.

Agreed.. This years additions are helpful, but it is not like we brought in Crosby and Malkin.. This former discombobulated gaggle is now a pack of ONE..

The DAVES RULE!!

52G228PIM* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 01:22 PM
yakko

It was a fun game to watch with the play moving quickly up and down the ice most of the time. I'm pretty surprised that the Laffs are that porous in their own zone though. I've only seen the one game, but that seems like a coaching problem to me.

yakko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 02:56 PM
Lukko4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoyotesVisitor View Post
Sounds like Biz's dad gets his first chance ever to see his boy play an NHL game tonight. Tip's tough on the boys, but it's the holidays: He's no scrooge.
Flew down from Montreal to see the game and catch up with some old buddies in Z and Verb and had the absolute pleasure of sitting right beside Mr. Bissonnette & Family. Chatted it up with him for the entire game and couldn't have been happier to see Paul pot one for his pops. Great moment.

Excellent game from the Coyotes, just one of those games where the bounces go your way, take the 2 points and run.

I will say though, there were a few 'fans' making Hamilton comments and anti-American stuff, of course, they ignore the fact that just about all of the Coyotes support there last night, was in fact Canadian, the comment was made from our side that if Hamilton were to get an NHL team, that Toronto would probably want one too, and one drunken moron who at 5-1 Coyotes kept proclaiming that the Coyotes suck (if a team that sucks is beating you 5-1, how bad are you?) and when the Leafs made it 5-2, he turned around, clutching his jersey and raising a finger (as in number 1), however we pointed out that he should be raising 3 fingers cause that's how many goals he was behind...

...Anyways a lot of fun, was great to see some good friends, and make some new ones. Always fun to wear a Coyotes jersey on the road

Lukko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 03:15 PM
krepitch
Coyote Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukko4 View Post
the comment was made from our side that if Hamilton were to get an NHL team, that Toronto would probably want one too
LOL! Well done!

krepitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 03:21 PM
RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTurris View Post

Maybe that Concussion last year was more damaging? IDK, how do you put that behind you and get your edge back?

As for the game, TORs defense is more porous than swiss cheese. How ever much Komeserik is paid it's way too much. I never watched much of him in MTL, but he was just slow, in bad position all night long. Whats the love affair with the guy back east? Just a bad game for him?

Howl!
I think Komisarek is the consummate stay-at-home, shutdown defenseman, and plays that game very well. But Toronto doesn't play that style. All their D-men push up the ice into the offensive zone and simply get caught out of position and don't have the speed to get back. It's why they give up so many odd-man rushes.

I'm sure Burke likes Komisarek for his physical play, but when you ask him to be overly aggressive in the offensive zone, you're going to get burned more often than not.

Signing Beauchemin made sense. Komisarek did not, IMO.

RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 03:29 PM
RR

Quote:
Flew down from Montreal to see the game and catch up with some old buddies in Z and Verb and had the absolute pleasure of sitting right beside Mr. Bissonnette & Family. Chatted it up with him for the entire game and couldn't have been happier to see Paul pot one for his pops. Great moment.

Excellent game from the Coyotes, just one of those games where the bounces go your way, take the 2 points and run.

I will say though, there were a few 'fans' making Hamilton comments and anti-American stuff, of course, they ignore the fact that just about all of the Coyotes support there last night, was in fact Canadian, the comment was made from our side that if Hamilton were to get an NHL team, that Toronto would probably want one too, and one drunken moron who at 5-1 Coyotes kept proclaiming that the Coyotes suck (if a team that sucks is beating you 5-1, how bad are you?) and when the Leafs made it 5-2, he turned around, clutching his jersey and raising a finger (as in number 1), however we pointed out that he should be raising 3 fingers cause that's how many goals he was behind...

...Anyways a lot of fun, was great to see some good friends, and make some new ones. Always fun to wear a Coyotes jersey on the road
I saw something that really impressed me about Leafs fans. When Vrbata scored the empty-netter to make it 6-3 with <30 seconds to go, the cameras took a wide shot of the stands. Still almost full, and in unison they got up and started leaving the building. Down 5-3 with seconds to go and virtually all of them were still there. It took a 6-3 margin to get them to say, "OK, this one is over." That was very impressive to me.

Old
12-17-2009, 04:48 PM
Lukko4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR View Post
I saw something that really impressed me about Leafs fans. When Vrbata scored the empty-netter to make it 6-3 with <30 seconds to go, the cameras took a wide shot of the stands. Still almost full, and in unison they got up and started leaving the building. Down 5-3 with seconds to go and virtually all of them were still there. It took a 6-3 margin to get them to say, "OK, this one is over." That was very impressive to me.
Actually, I found a lot of people had left with about 4-5 minutes to play, there wasnt too much left at the end when Verb potted the ENG

Old
12-17-2009, 05:20 PM
yakko

Quote:
I think Komisarek is the consummate stay-at-home, shutdown defenseman, and plays that game very well. But Toronto doesn't play that style. All their D-men push up the ice into the offensive zone and simply get caught out of position and don't have the speed to get back. It's why they give up so many odd-man rushes.
You might be right. I will say that Komisarek did his job in Montreal. I don't know if it is the system, as you say, or something else but Komisarek looked nothing like a consummate stay-at-home defender in this game.

yakko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 10:02 PM
Rob

Quote:
, they ignore the fact that just about all of the Coyotes support there last night, was in fact Canadian,
Well as you know many Canadian fans will cheer for any Leaf opponent.

Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2009, 05:09 AM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakko View Post
It was a fun game to watch with the play moving quickly up and down the ice most of the time. I'm pretty surprised that the Laffs are that porous in their own zone though. I've only seen the one game, but that seems like a coaching problem to me.
I'm watching the game now. To call the leafs inept in their defensive zone would be the understatement of the century.

The leafs in their defensive zone are the 'short yellow school bus' of the NHL.

::edit::

Finger and Blake are horrible in their defensive zone.

Last edited by Dolemite: 12-19-2009 at 05:36 AM.
Dolemite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2009, 10:34 AM
RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakko View Post
You might be right. I will say that Komisarek did his job in Montreal. I don't know if it is the system, as you say, or something else but Komisarek looked nothing like a consummate stay-at-home defender in this game.
I've watched a lot of Leafs games this year on CI and I'm convinced it is the system. Maybe he will eventually adjust, but we're almost already halfway in. He's looked healthy to me, but maybe there is nagging injury that he's playing through.

Old
12-19-2009, 10:39 AM
RR

Quote:
Actually, I found a lot of people had left with about 4-5 minutes to play, there wasnt too much left at the end when Verb potted the ENG
Sure didn't look that way from the TV shot. If you were there you'd know better so I'll take your word for it and retract my praise for Leafs fans.

Old
12-19-2009, 01:41 PM
Lukko4

Quote:
Sure didn't look that way from the TV shot. If you were there you'd know better so I'll take your word for it and retract my praise for Leafs fans.
Good call...hehe no one like the Leafs