Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL

Official QMJHL Trade Period Thread

Old
12-19-2009, 08:57 AM
nolman29

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwell7 View Post
Bradley MacDonald has been traded from Victo to PEI. Not sure who / what is going the other way.
Done deal, I think.

Brandon Street goes to Victo.

nolman29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2009, 09:31 AM
Mathletic

http://legrandclub.rds.ca/profils/170008/posts/48899

from Stéphane Leroux

Gabriel Bourque traded from BC to Moncton in return of 1st round pick Raphael Bussières + this year's 1st and if Bourque comes back next season BC receives another 1st round pick

David Gilbert traded to Acadie-Bathurst from Quebec in return of Christopher Giroux, who's playing for Baie-Comeau but was about to get traded to AB to complete the Renaud trade. The Remparts also receive a 2nd round pick.

Nicholas Champion traded from Acadie-Bathurst to Rouyn-Noranda in return of Zach O’Brien + 2nd round pick in 2010 and 1st in 2011

rumors

Emmanuel Boudreau going from Rimouski to Victo

Deschamps and Lagace could be going to Victo as well but Moncton entered the mix

talks continue between the Juniors and the Sea Dogs concerning Jake Allen; Alex Wall could be going with Allen as well

Could Domingue be traded now that Riopel is back?

Trade period ends January 7

Mathletic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2009, 10:16 AM
cantwell7

vCash: 490
Apparently Domingue asked for a trade. He was not dressed last night vs CB. He was at the rink , but something is up with him for sure.

cantwell7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2009, 11:20 AM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

if rimouski wouldn't had traded Cormier to rouyn i think it would have been a good fit with moncton and Louis Domingue

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2009, 11:32 AM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Guillaume goulet traded to victoriaville for 17yo d-man Maxime Lamarche and 2nd rd pick in 2010

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2009, 11:43 AM
cantwell7

vCash: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
Guillaume goulet traded to victoriaville for 17yo d-man Maxime Lamarche and 2nd rd pick in 2010
They also get a first if Goulet plays in the Q at 20.

cantwell7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2009, 02:21 PM
jefff

Seadogs aquired 19 year old defenseman Christian Morin from Val-d'Or for Benjamin Lecomte.

jefff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2009, 02:46 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Futur is bright in Baie-Comeau but the end of the season will be very hard...

SergeConstantin74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2009, 03:04 PM
Alpine

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
Futur is bright in Baie-Comeau but the end of the season will be very hard...
With this one trade, I'd say Moncton is going for it.
Can't wait to see what else happens between now and Jan 7.

Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2009, 06:34 PM
DTUCKER16

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvenStrengthHockey View Post
I hear that the Bourque to Moncton is a done deal
I'm hearing the price is to high for Cormier.The asking price for Allen hs gone up too with Moncton getting Riopel back........don't besurprise if the Seadogs stand pat.....

DTUCKER16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2009, 08:15 PM
BobbyRyan9
Let's Go Bruins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTUCKER16 View Post
I'm hearing the price is to high for Cormier.The asking price for Allen hs gone up too with Moncton getting Riopel back........don't besurprise if the Seadogs stand pat.....
I heard in an interview with Saint John's coach that they aren't going to sacrifice too much of their future to try and get a guy like Allen. He sounded pleased with how the team has been performing and an addition might not be necessary. Saint John has been satisfied with Gelinas' play so far in the season. My guess if Allen becomes too pricey for Saint John, they aren't going to go for it. We won't know for sure anyways until after the WJC tournament is over.

If all the trade rumors about Victoriaville and Moncton are true, both teams are going to be scary good down the stretch. Saint John will definitely have a tough time taking out either team in the playoffs. Prior to the trading period, it seemed as though Saint John's competition would be fairly weak, with only Drummondville and Victoriaville being threats. I expect Drummondville to stay put and possibly go for a championship next year when everyone on the roster is a year older and have a bit more experience under their belt.

BobbyRyan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2009, 08:24 PM
BobbyRyan9
Let's Go Bruins!

Not sure if this trade has been mentioned yet, but Shawinigan has traded Kevin Fiset to Baie-Comeau for Ryan Labrie in return. Looks like Baie-Comeau is trying to build a strong team for next season. Whether the team is mature enough by next season remains to be seen. But they should be a good squad for the next couple of seasons.

Old
12-19-2009, 09:09 PM
patsbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyRyan9 View Post
I expect Drummondville to stay put and possibly go for a championship next year when everyone on the roster is a year older and have a bit more experience under their belt.
That is exactly what we are expecting here. No big splash are forseen. But, we do hear Ricard is talking to free agents (2 to be precise) from NCAA, just like he did last year with McKiernan (from USHL this time). Not to forget Didomenico could still be sent back to junior by TML. The problem with the Volts is between the posts....

patsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2009, 09:22 PM
BobbyRyan9
Let's Go Bruins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsbury View Post
That is exactly what we are expecting here. No big splash are forseen. But, we do hear Ricard is talking to free agents (2 to be precise) from NCAA, just like he did last year with McKiernan (from USHL this time). Not to forget Didomenico could still be sent back to junior by TML. The problem with the Volts is between the posts....
McKiernan has been a great pickup so far for Drummondville. Maybe you guys will get a couple of other players who bring a high level of talent to the team. It is a good way to go about getting new additions to the team because you aren't losing anything to get the players. I think Drummondville will still be a competitive team and could upset some of the more stacked teams. They've only recently started to slip, but they've shown that they can compete with the top teams. Plus, the addition of DiDomenico would be a huge boost for the team. I don't think anyone would count out a team who is at the sixth spot on the CHL rankings, even if the rankings are debatable. But with that said, the team should be at their strongest next season if Dumont and Vachon come back as overagers.

Old
12-19-2009, 09:45 PM
patsbury

Quote:
McKiernan has been a great pickup so far for Drummondville. Maybe you guys will get a couple of other players who bring a high level of talent to the team. It is a good way to go about getting new additions to the team because you aren't losing anything to get the players. I think Drummondville will still be a competitive team and could upset some of the more stacked teams. They've only recently started to slip, but they've shown that they can compete with the top teams. Plus, the addition of DiDomenico would be a huge boost for the team. I don't think anyone would count out a team who is at the sixth spot on the CHL rankings, even if the rankings are debatable. But with that said, the team should be at their strongest next season if Dumont and Vachon come back as overagers.
Pretty sure they will. No reason for Vachon to quit, and Dumont will not go pro next year (I think). Add to that Couturier which red hot right now, Ricard could go after a goaltender for christmas shopping next year (sorry, I really hate Tardif and Piché )

Will other teams go after US players? Or Drummondville's playing alone in that department?

Old
12-19-2009, 11:42 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Quote:
I heard in an interview with Saint John's coach that they aren't going to sacrifice too much of their future to try and get a guy like Allen. He sounded pleased with how the team has been performing and an addition might not be necessary. Saint John has been satisfied with Gelinas' play so far in the season. My guess if Allen becomes too pricey for Saint John, they aren't going to go for it. We won't know for sure anyways until after the WJC tournament is over.

If all the trade rumors about Victoriaville and Moncton are true, both teams are going to be scary good down the stretch. Saint John will definitely have a tough time taking out either team in the playoffs. Prior to the trading period, it seemed as though Saint John's competition would be fairly weak, with only Drummondville and Victoriaville being threats. I expect Drummondville to stay put and possibly go for a championship next year when everyone on the roster is a year older and have a bit more experience under their belt.

If Saint John decides to keep Gelinas, Allen's value will go down that's for sure. Rouyn-Noranda has Champion, Victoriaville has Poulin, Moncton has Riopel, etc... Who else in the contenders needs a goaltender? Val D'Or? Quebec? Vincent said that if he didn't have a big return for Allen, he wouldn't trade him. But can he afford it? I mean... Allen is the only player who has that much value in Montreal, keeping him and risk losing him for nothing would be insane. Lewiston did a mistake by not trading Bernier, Montreal can't make the same mistake, even if they don't get the price they want.

There's a rumour about Brian Dumoulin leaving Boston College and going to Victoriaville. They drafted him in the 10th round in 2008. He was Carolina's second round draft pick in 2009. He seems to be doing great as a rookie defenseman in the NCAA, he has 7 assists in 15 games. That would be a huge addition to Victo's roster... for a 10th round pick!

Another NCAA defenseman, David Warsofsky from Boston University, is rumoured to have talks with the Remparts. He is a friend of Ryan Bourque and this summer he tried to convince him to join Quebec but he decided to stay in Boston. However, there's a rumour that he might be interested now. He a Blues' fourth round draft pick and they want him to turn pro next year, so they think that playing more games in junior would be beneficial for him. He wasn't drafted by any QMJHL team though, he's free to go where he wants.

Last edited by SergeConstantin74: 12-19-2009 at 11:50 PM.
Old
12-21-2009, 01:11 AM
patsbury

Quote:
If Saint John decides to keep Gelinas, Allen's value will go down that's for sure. Rouyn-Noranda has Champion, Victoriaville has Poulin, Moncton has Riopel, etc... Who else in the contenders needs a goaltender? Val D'Or? Quebec? Vincent said that if he didn't have a big return for Allen, he wouldn't trade him. But can he afford it? I mean... Allen is the only player who has that much value in Montreal, keeping him and risk losing him for nothing would be insane. Lewiston did a mistake by not trading Bernier, Montreal can't make the same mistake, even if they don't get the price they want.
I would add Drummond....Tardif is so inconsistent. But I agree with you, Montreal have to trade Allen, Bérubé is still in their system for 2 more years, so goaltending shouldn't be their biggest issue.

Quote:
There's a rumour about Brian Dumoulin leaving Boston College and going to Victoriaville. They drafted him in the 10th round in 2008. He was Carolina's second round draft pick in 2009. He seems to be doing great as a rookie defenseman in the NCAA, he has 7 assists in 15 games. That would be a huge addition to Victo's roster... for a 10th round pick!

Another NCAA defenseman, David Warsofsky from Boston University, is rumoured to have talks with the Remparts. He is a friend of Ryan Bourque and this summer he tried to convince him to join Quebec but he decided to stay in Boston. However, there's a rumour that he might be interested now. He a Blues' fourth round draft pick and they want him to turn pro next year, so they think that playing more games in junior would be beneficial for him. He wasn't drafted by any QMJHL team though, he's free to go where he wants.
Awesome, thanks for the heads up!

Old
12-21-2009, 11:49 AM
EvenStrengthHockey

Trades on Day 3

To Rouyn-Noranda: Nicholas Champion(1990-05-02) & 1st round euro in 2010

To Bathurst: Zach O'Brien (1992-06-29) , 1st round pick in 2011, 2nd round pick in 2010, 1st round euro in 2010

---------------

To Shawinigan: Olivier Ouellet (1990-04-19) & 6th round pick in 2010

To Saint John: 5th round pick in 2010

---------------

To Quebec: 6th round pick in 2011

To Shawinigan: No compensation

---------------

To Bathurst: Christopher Giroux (1992-08-15)

To Baie-Comeau: 3rd round pick in 2011 (Baie-Comeau)

-------------

To Quebec: Christopher Giroux (1992-08-15), 2nd round pick 2010 (Moncton) , 3rd round pick 2010, 5th round pick in 2011

To Bathurst: David Gilbert (1991-02-09) , 3rd round pick in 2010 (Cape Breton) , 5th round pick in 2010 (Saint John) , 6th round pick in 2011

Last edited by EvenStrengthHockey: 12-22-2009 at 08:46 AM.
EvenStrengthHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 02:20 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Quote:
To Rouyn-Noranda: Nicholas Champion(1990-05-02) & 1st round euro in 2010

To Bathurst: Zach O'Brien (1992-06-29) , 1st round pick in 2011, 2nd round pick in 2010, 1st round euro in 2010
The 1st pick in 2011 is rumoured to come back in Rouyn for Gabriel Lévesque at the draft this summer.

Quote:
To Quebec: Christopher Giroux (1992-08-15), 2nd round pick 2010 (Moncton) , 3rd round pick 2010, 5th round pick in 2011

To Bathurst: David Gilbert (1991-02-09) , 3rd round pick in 2010 (Cape Breton) , 5th round pick in 2010 (Saint John) , 6th round pick in 2011
Today 02:11 AM
Basically it's Gilbert vs Giroux+2nd pick.. the extra 6th round pick is a compensation for the Samuel Lachance vs Frederick Roy-Cote trade. Roy-Cote didn't show up in Bathurst.

Quote:
To Quebec: 6th round pick in 2011

To Shawinigan: No compensation
Quebec gave a 6th round pick in 2010 to Shawi for Sacha Guimond but he didn't make the team.

Old
12-21-2009, 11:50 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Ryan Bourque and David Warsofsky have both made Team USA. I hope Bourque convinces Warsofsky to join Quebec in January... he would be a great help for free!

---

I guess there won't be any other important trades until January 7th...

Old
12-22-2009, 07:45 AM
The Q professor

what about deschamps and lagage? Will they move before the dead lline?

The Q professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 07:56 AM
rick1042

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Q professor View Post
what about deschamps and lagage? Will they move before the dead lline?
Rumor is that Victoriaville really wants both and are in discussions with Chicoutimi.

rick1042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 10:33 AM
lazsloo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTUCKER16 View Post

Sea Dogs will not stand pat, Rumour has it they are trying to land Olivier Roy and Luke Adam.

I believe this could happen before the Jake Allen trade, this is how i see it happening

Saint John trades

Mike Kirkpatrick (at the draft)
Steve Anthony (at the draft)
Zack Phillips and Pierre Durepos
1st rounder, 2nd rounder 2010

CB trades

Olivier Roy
Luke Adam

I think it is a better deal than what the Allen trade is and rumour also has it Allen deal was backed oput of and he is going to quebec

lazsloo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 10:57 AM
torontosports10

Roy has been garbage this year, I hope not.

If we can get Adam and Allen without having to give up Huberdeau I do it. Hes my only untouchable. (That said hes also the first name other teams bring up when talking about trading a star)

torontosports10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 11:19 AM
lazsloo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by torontosports10 View Post
Roy has been garbage this year, I hope not.

If we can get Adam and Allen without having to give up Huberdeau I do it. Hes my only untouchable. (That said hes also the first name other teams bring up when talking about trading a star)

yes Roy has not been his typical self this year, however it is a better situation having him and Gelly, Than Gelly and St.Laurent. I think Roy on this team and rotating Gelly and Roy will give us an edge come playoffs for well rested goalies. I believe Huberdeau is not available everytime he is brought up the Dogs brass laugh... that is why i believe the Allen deal will not and is not happening. Then all you need is a Dman and Saint John will be tough. with Adam,Roy and a Dman (which i would go after Gelinas from Lewiston as it wouldnt cost an arm and a leg) and he is one big tough hockey player and stay at home...... But i aint the GM.....

lazsloo* is offline   Reply With Quote