HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

HFSens Thread Directory - **Check Here First**

Old
06-25-2009, 07:43 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

vCash: 500
Figured I post this year, instead of making a topic to take up space from the draft.

How many of you will be entering in the CBC play on ball hockey tournament this Saturday and Sunday ?

I will be there with a few others. My team name is Renfrew Silver Seven.

Analyzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2009, 09:51 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

vCash: 50
links have been updated. I was bored.

09-09-2009, 02:21 PM
Allsmokenopancake

Guys,
Question for you. I'm going to be in Ottawa this weekend. My wife is a bridesmaid in a wedding. I see that the Sens start training camp on the 12th, and will be on the ice on the 13th (sunday). My wife will be needed for wedding duties from 8am on the Sunday, which gives me essentially the day to myself until about 3 or 4 pm.

I was hoping to swing by Scotiabank place and catch training camp and had a couple of questions.

1. Is it far from the Fairmont hotel
2. Does it cost anything to get in
3. If it's not walking distance from the hotel, what's the best way to get there (bus/taxi etc)
4. Is it even open to the public.

I'm from Ireland, but living in Washington DC for the past 9 and a bit years, so am a caps fan, but would love to see some training camp/hockey in Canada. I'll be wearing my Irish hockey jersey if anyone feels like saying hello (and not my caps gear)

Allsmokenopancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 04:02 PM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allsmokenopancake View Post
Guys,
Question for you. I'm going to be in Ottawa this weekend. My wife is a bridesmaid in a wedding. I see that the Sens start training camp on the 12th, and will be on the ice on the 13th (sunday). My wife will be needed for wedding duties from 8am on the Sunday, which gives me essentially the day to myself until about 3 or 4 pm.

I was hoping to swing by Scotiabank place and catch training camp and had a couple of questions.

1. Is it far from the Fairmont hotel
2. Does it cost anything to get in
3. If it's not walking distance from the hotel, what's the best way to get there (bus/taxi etc)
4. Is it even open to the public.

I'm from Ireland, but living in Washington DC for the past 9 and a bit years, so am a caps fan, but would love to see some training camp/hockey in Canada. I'll be wearing my Irish hockey jersey if anyone feels like saying hello (and not my caps gear)
No its not walking distance by car with no traffic your looking at around 30 minutes.I am not sure if its open to the public you woul db best to call and find out.

wjhl2009fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 05:02 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

My experience has been if the practises are at Scotiabank it is usually closed to the public but if it is at the Sensplex it is open. The Sensplex is very close to the arena, I forget the name of the street but it runs parallel to Paladium Drive.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 02:50 PM
Mellington

Send a message via AIM to Mellington Send a message via Yahoo to Mellington
Ok so I was thinking I wanted to come watch Pascal play .. So be honest with me how hard is it to get tickets to a weekend game ??? and are some teams harder then others to get ? please and thank you

Old
09-24-2009, 03:36 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellington View Post
Ok so I was thinking I wanted to come watch Pascal play .. So be honest with me how hard is it to get tickets to a weekend game ??? and are some teams harder then others to get ? please and thank you
http://ev9.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncomme...ller=&appCode=

many still available, 20% off for tickets in coke zero zone. (warning, family zone, no booze allowed)

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 04:29 PM
Mellington

Send a message via AIM to Mellington Send a message via Yahoo to Mellington
Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
http://ev9.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncomme...ller=&appCode=

many still available, 20% off for tickets in coke zero zone. (warning, family zone, no booze allowed)

If I come it wont be for the Jackets Game I dont get those things called Vacation days but I will check out that site for other games thanks

Mellington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 02:14 AM
broadway514

Rangers Game Saturday

Was hoping to drive over to see the Rangers game this Saturday but not sure which is best way to go about getting tix. Can't do the Kiji/CL thing since I'm not a local and the Scotiabank site doesn't have the location I want. Are there any scalpers at SBP and if so, how are they to deal with (from MTL so used to some real scum on this end)?

Also, how long before 2PM gametime should I get there to find parking?

Cheers,

BW514

broadway514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 11:34 AM
moz
Gute Post

Yes there are scalpers, but I don't know that that's the most reliable way especially if you're driving in from out of town and want a specific section.

You could try stubhub but they don't have many section available either.

If you want to watch the warmup, you want to be at the parking lot by 1:15-20, and you'll get to your seats shortly before warmups.

12-20-2009, 12:34 PM
AK

Hey, guys.

I'm coming up to Ottawa in a few weeks for the Bell Cup hockey tournament, and I have a few questions. Any help is appreciated.

I have tickets to the Avs-Sens game on 12/30. Is there any advice regarding what to do around Scotiabank Place? I know the parking is a nightmare, but are there any minor excursions or good places to eat around the arena?

Also, is the canal usually frozen around that time of year?

Thanks for the assistance.

AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 01:07 PM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letang58 View Post
Hey, guys.

I'm coming up to Ottawa in a few weeks for the Bell Cup hockey tournament, and I have a few questions. Any help is appreciated.

I have tickets to the Avs-Sens game on 12/30. Is there any advice regarding what to do around Scotiabank Place? I know the parking is a nightmare, but are there any minor excursions or good places to eat around the arena?

Also, is the canal usually frozen around that time of year?

Thanks for the assistance.
There is a major shopping centre 5 minutes away as well as smaller malls all around the area.As for resturants there is around 7 right in the major mall has a good selection.As for the canal its possilbe keep checking the ncc web site it gives daily updates.Aslo there is a womens hockey game on new years day usa-canada.

Old
12-20-2009, 02:06 PM
AK

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjhl2009fan View Post
There is a major shopping centre 5 minutes away as well as smaller malls all around the area.As for resturants there is around 7 right in the major mall has a good selection.As for the canal its possilbe keep checking the ncc web site it gives daily updates.Aslo there is a womens hockey game on new years day usa-canada.
Thanks again. I really hope the canal freezes up.

AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 02:21 PM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letang58 View Post
Thanks again. I really hope the canal freezes up.
What arena is your kids team based out of.

Old
01-05-2010, 06:04 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

vCash: 106
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
Not much about Hockey, but did anyone (in the West End) see green flashes in the sky? around 6:30-6:40...

OmniSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 11:48 AM
the watcher

Hey guys, thinking of comming down on the 30th for the hockey day in canada matchup. Looking for 4 tickets if anyone has spares. or a great place to find 4 tickets!

thx!

the watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 12:05 PM
Pancakes Pancakes

vCash: 1100
Looks like Melnyk has been listening to people's complaints about the scoreboard.

http://communities.canada.com/ottawa...ppy-owner.aspx

Pancakes Pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 12:38 PM
IndyDave

Question on tickets - my 14 year-old and I are going on a Spring Break hockey trip. The April 1 game with Carolina will be the last of our four games (Buffalo, Toronto and Montreal before Ottawa).

In looking at the available tickets, I see the Coke Zero Lower tix at $35 each - tickets in 314, Row D are coming up. Is this the fourth row of the upper level? Is there a walkway in this level? Anyone sit around here and have any advice.

I do see tickets for The Ledge as well. It appears these are above the 300 level seats, correct?

We were able to sit in the restaurant in Washington for a Caps game last year, but it was at the top of the lower level. I am guessing the view from The Ledge isn't the greatest?

Thanks for your help. I figure I am going to pay an arm and a leg for tickets in Toronto (saturday night game) and Montreal, so kind of looking to keep the cost down a bit here.

IndyDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 03:12 PM
moz
Gute Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyDave View Post
Question on tickets - my 14 year-old and I are going on a Spring Break hockey trip. The April 1 game with Carolina will be the last of our four games (Buffalo, Toronto and Montreal before Ottawa).

In looking at the available tickets, I see the Coke Zero Lower tix at $35 each - tickets in 314, Row D are coming up. Is this the fourth row of the upper level? Is there a walkway in this level? Anyone sit around here and have any advice.
Yes, these are the fourth row of the upper level. There are walkways on either side of your section 4 rows down. These seats are right behind the away net (so you are closest ot the Senators offensive zone for periods 1 and 3). A word of warning, these seats are alcohol-free.

Quote:
I do see tickets for The Ledge as well. It appears these are above the 300 level seats, correct?
Yes, these are up in the fourth level (press box area) directly above 314 I believe. I think it's a restaurant/bar type thing but I have never sat there so I can't comment on the food or view.

moz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 03:31 PM
IndyDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by moz View Post
Yes, these are the fourth row of the upper level. There are walkways on either side of your section 4 rows down. These seats are right behind the away net (so you are closest ot the Senators offensive zone for periods 1 and 3). A word of warning, these seats are alcohol-free.

Yes, these are up in the fourth level (press box area) directly above 314 I believe. I think it's a restaurant/bar type thing but I have never sat there so I can't comment on the food or view.
Thanks for the info - alcohol free not an issue. Think I am just going to grab the Coke Zero tix.

IndyDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 12:09 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5700
Hey guys, just saw this pop up on Kukla's Korner:

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.ph...rnoon_line204/

I hope it wasn't someone on this board, lol

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 12:42 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Hey guys, just saw this pop up on Kukla's Korner:

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.ph...rnoon_line204/

I hope it wasn't someone on this board, lol
Quote:
"A woman came up to me at the grocery store and chewed me out, telling me if I thought I was going to take Mike away from Ottawa, I had another thing coming, and she wasn't kidding," says Carrie. "She let me know she loved him and he was going to stay here, period, no matter what I said. She might have been kidding, but she wasn't being funny."

so that's where silvercup has been...

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 12:56 PM
Ghost in the Shell
#WeLikeOurKarlssons

vCash: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
so that's where silvercup has been...
I would understand if this involved Volchenkov, but I couldn't see it happening with Fisher.

Ghost in the Shell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 03:21 PM
Golden
Börk Börk Börk

vCash: 375
Brandi...

That's pretty hilarious though. Poor Carrie.

Golden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 02:01 PM
playasRus

I work at McARthur Bowling Lanes and apparently Kovy and kids came in to play yesterday. I'm told his very young kids are amazing bowlers. Anyone know how old they'd be?

playasRus is offline   Reply With Quote