HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Carter, Lecavalier and Selanne

Old
12-20-2009, 07:53 PM
EmDeeZee4MVP

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scipio Africanus View Post
Carter is being dangled to bring a goalie back. At least that's what i think. Carter is a young guy just removed from a 40-goal season. He will coast a lot. While I think we do have the assets to make that trade, I don't think philly wants or needs to m ake a deal with a rival.

OTOH, Philly needs to restock their cupboard. All their young guys are with the big club and they've lost some draft picks from trades.

For s&g's, I'll offer Dubinsky, Girardi a 1st and 2nd for Carter. If they dont like Girardi they can have Mcdonagh.
That package alone could land us Kovy, pending of course if Atlanta looks to trade him.

EmDeeZee4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 07:54 PM
MAYO

Again, I am all for working around the "kids", but you do need some proven NHLers, veterans that can show the boys what it takes on and off the ice. We can't move Gabby, and I am sorry, but Avery has to stay as well. I watch this team, and we are only two, maybe three key players away from being a dangerous team come playoff time.

MAYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 07:56 PM
D713B

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAYO View Post
A player with a NMC is not a major problem when his team doesn't have a chance in hell to go anywhere and in Lecavaliers' case, I am sure he is tired of seeing his name linked to every trade rumor out there! And again, never said I was interested if it's going to cost us a good number of our young talent.
Actually it is a major problem. Vinny just signed an 11 year contract with a NMC. A player doesn't sign a contract for over a decade with a NMC only to actively pursue a trade months later, especially after they've spent the previous decade there. His team is also four points, with two games in hand, from a playoff spot. Their top six is legit and Nittymaki proved that with a goaltender their team is a solid opponent.

Two out of the three players mentioned here have NMC's. One has stated umpteen times that he will only play for one franchise and will likely retire after the season. The other just signed a mega contract to be the face of a franchise. I fail to see how this is anymore than, I'm assuming, Bruce Garrioch needing attention.

D713B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 07:57 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turcotte8 View Post
Lindros?
Fair enough, but that was a different set of circumstances.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 07:58 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOWRanger View Post
you'd be insane to give all of that up.
All that???

Dubinsky or Anisimov are really the only 2 pieces of significant value that would be going the other way (and its either/or, not both)

Carter and Coburn would, quite clearly, be the two best players in the deal.

I think Philly laughs at that offer.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 08:04 PM
The Lunatic Fridge

Send a message via AIM to The Lunatic Fridge Send a message via MSN to The Lunatic Fridge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
All that???

Dubinsky or Anisimov are really the only 2 pieces of significant value that would be going the other way (and its either/or, not both)

Kotalik
Anisimov/Dubinsky
Lisin
Girardi
Sangs

Ok so our lines become

Carter-Prospal-Gaborik
Avery-Drury-Callahan
Boyle-Anisimov-Parenteau
Byers-Brashear-Voros

Redden-Gilroy
Roszival-MDZ
Heikkinen-Staal

Yeah our offense definetly looks EVEN MORE BALANCED.

The Lunatic Fridge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 08:05 PM
EmDeeZee4MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
All that???

I thought I heard our broadcast mention, when we played Anaheim that Selanne said he will hang up the skates after the season.

EmDeeZee4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 08:05 PM
MAYO

Let me help some of you guys out! there are other sources of media besides the New York Post and what MSG has to say. Hockey Night in Canada has a segment called the Hotstove where they discussed what the Ottawa paper reported, and you guys should log onto TSN Sports and read Bob McKenzie, this guy knows his hockey and seem to be spot on when reporting rumors and speculations. Man, supporting this team as a Montrealer is hard enough, I don't need flack from fellow fans on this site! I to am proud to say I BLEED BLUE!

Old
12-20-2009, 08:06 PM
D713B

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmDeeZee4MVP View Post
I thought I heard our broadcast mention, when we played SJ that Selanne said he will hang up the skates after the season.
It's no secret that he's mentioned retiring after this season but the biggest detractor to this "rumor" is that he's said for the past 3 or 4 years that he'll only play for Anaheim.

Old
12-20-2009, 08:12 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOWRanger View Post
Kotalik
Anisimov/Dubinsky
Lisin
Girardi
Sangs

Ok so our lines become

Carter-Prospal-Gaborik
Avery-Drury-Callahan
Boyle-Anisimov-Parenteau
Byers-Brashear-Voros

Redden-Gilroy
Roszival-MDZ
Heikkinen-Staal

Yeah our offense definetly looks EVEN MORE BALANCED.
Kotalik and Lisin are absolute garbage. Carter is such an upgrade over Anisimov and Dubinsky thats its not even funny. If you put Gaborik and Carter on the 1st and 2nd lines, it really doesnt even matter who plays with them because youll really have 2 legitimate scoring lines for the first time in ages.

You also didnt even include Coburn on defense, who would automatically become one of our best defensemen.

Like I said, Philly laughs at giving up, by far, the two best players in the deal for a decent center and a load of crap we're looking to unload.

Just to add, I think the Carter rumor is total crap. I see no reason why Philly would want to unload him.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 08:12 PM
MAYO

As for Selanne, keep in mind that the Ducks also made the playoffs for the last three years, and surely don't look like a team destined for a playoff run this year, so him moving to a team heading for the "second season" might not be so far fetched if this truly is his last year.

Old
12-20-2009, 08:13 PM
D713B

Quote:
Let me help some of you guys out! there are other sources of media besides the New York Post and what MSG has to say. Hockey Night in Canada has a segment called the Hotstove where they discussed what the Ottawa paper reported, and you guys should log onto TSN Sports and read Bob McKenzie, this guy knows his hockey and seem to be spot on when reporting rumors and speculations. Man, supporting this team as a Montrealer is hard enough, I don't need flack from fellow fans on this site! I to am proud to say I BLEED BLUE!
I'm not giving you flack, just a dose of reality. When was the last time a trade was completed in this league with two players possessing NMC's? For that matter who was the last player traded with a NMC? Not saying there hasn't been one but I'm just drawing a blank.

I'm sorry but nothing about this makes sense. Selanne is 40, plans on retiring, has a NMC, only wants to play for Anaheim and his cap hit isn't even remotely close to the other two players mentioned. Lecavalier just signed an 11 year contract with a NMC. All trade talk involving him has been from the media, not a single peep from him or the organization. I also don't see how Philly benefits in any fashion from trading their goal and point leader from the past two seasons for anything other than a number one goaltender.

Old
12-20-2009, 08:20 PM
MAYO

Perhaps, and I am just throwing this out here, but perhaps these guys signed a contract with that clause to protect themselves, but in the end, if an offer was made to them to go to a "big stage" team, who's to say they would not waive the clause? I am sure there a few fans in Ottawa that are still in shock that Heatley is gone.

Old
12-20-2009, 08:22 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
As for Selanne, keep in mind that the Ducks also made the playoffs for the last three years, and surely don't look like a team destined for a playoff run this year, so him moving to a team heading for the "second season" might not be so far fetched if this truly is his last year.
The Ducks have 35 pts, same as Rangers and they have been picking up the play lately I wouldn't count them out just yet.

No to all three at this point.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 08:24 PM
D713B

Quote:
Perhaps, and I am just throwing this out here, but perhaps these guys signed a contract with that clause to protect themselves, but in the end, if an offer was made to them to go to a "big stage" team, who's to say they would not waive the clause? I am sure there a few fans in Ottawa that are still in shock that Heatley is gone.
The Dany Heatley scenario has nothing in common with the three players mentioned. When was the last time any of these guys refused to play for a coach and alienated themselves from their teammates? The guy has had two fresh starts in his short NHL career.

Old
12-20-2009, 08:24 PM
MAYO

pretty sad that in the West 33 points is only good enough for last place and here in the East it puts you tied with 5 teams for like 9th!!

Old
12-20-2009, 08:28 PM
The Thomas J.*

I think Selanne would cost the least, I would make a deal for him if possible.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 08:28 PM
MAYO

Hold on a second.....didn't the Flyers just make a coaching change?!?!? sometimes a teams performance on the ice is also reflective on just how they feel about their coach! Players don"t have to verbally tear apart a coach to the media for management to realise that the players don't like thier coach! Besides, we are desputing for no reason, I am against trading away our young talent at this point, I want us to dump salary in the AHL and use that cap space wisely to build around what we have worth while keeping!

Old
12-20-2009, 08:31 PM
t3hg00se

Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
Out of those three, I want Carter the most, and then Lecavalier. But it's close, I love both players.

t3hg00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 08:33 PM
pete3589

Honestly, As someone said I can only see Carter leaving and a high profile goaltender coming back.

I can't see anything else the Flyers would want at this point, and we obviously don't want to do that.

pete3589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 08:34 PM
D713B

Quote:
Hold on a second.....didn't the Flyers just make a coaching change?!?!? sometimes a teams performance on the ice is also reflective on just how they feel about their coach! Players don"t have to verbally tear apart a coach to the media for management to realise that the players don't like thier coach! Besides, we are desputing for no reason, I am against trading away our young talent at this point, I want us to dump salary in the AHL and use that cap space wisely to build around what we have worth while keeping!
You're grabbing at straws. You said multiple outlets are reporting such rumors and now you don't need the media to speculate that a player is on the trading block?

I can't find anything from McKenzie mentioning these guys either and you've yet to provide the original Ottawa article. Speculate all you want but I'm more likely to hit my head in a freak sledding accident and wake up as a Debbies fan before any of the three guys mentioned end up sporting new uniforms.

Old
12-20-2009, 08:43 PM
OverTheCap

Anyone who thinks that the Flyers would trade Carter to a division rival is out of their minds.

He isn't damaged goods like Lindros at the time he was traded to the Rangers, Carter is 24-years-old and has already put up a 46-goal season. He hasn't even entered his prime yet.

Also, I think some of these trade proposals are selling Carter short... the Flyers would ask for Staal or Del Zotto in return for Carter. Carter has the potential to be a franchise player; Dubinsky, Anisimov, Girardi, etc., do not.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 08:47 PM
beastly115

I'd love Carter, but there is ZERO chance they'd trade him within the division.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 09:04 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

wow, I think everyone is undervaluing Carter. He's no Lecavlier but that guy is money.

Quote:
Kotalik (crap)
Dubinsky
Lisin (crap)
Girardi
Sangs

for

Carter
Coburn
You know that saying, whoever gets the better player wins the deal? I don't see why they would trade Coburn. He's probably pretty even with Girardi so they'd have to really like Girardi to make that deal and being an undrafted player, I doubt they have some sort of predraft-attachment to him. Just saying there isn't really a good incentive/motivation for PHI to trade him. Kotalik & Lisin hurt this proposal IMO. Trimming the fat, Dubinsky + Sangs for Carter seems more realistic. I just get the feeling you added Coburn because you like him. Dubinsky + Girardi for Carter might also work because behind Pronger, Timmonen, Carle, and Coburn, Philly could probably use some more experience back there. Balance with picks, I'd do that trade.

Kovalchuk? I don't think they would take our trash and B players for elite. Since we don't have any rising stars, you're looking at Anisimov, Grachev, MDZ, and a 1st as the foundation of that deal.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 09:32 PM
LetsGoBlueshirts

I can see slats sending a 2nd to Anaheim for Teemu.

Its not a move I would make, but I'm not the GM.

LetsGoBlueshirts is offline   Reply With Quote