HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"Great Balls of Fire" - 12.19.09 - Nashville at Calgary 3:05 CST

Old
12-20-2009, 01:41 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
I"m not sure it really is, though. This is two seasons in a row that he's been mediocre, and he's going to be looking for 3.5 to 4 million.

Can you justify that, knowing what holes we have on offense, and knowing Pekka needs to be re-signed? I can't. I can hardly justify his current salary. He's not just not playing well, he's hurting the team, and has been for a while.
At 2.5 - he is great. At 4.5 - not so much. I thought we should trade him at the beginning of the season from a team standpoint, regardless of the effect. We have kept him, and it looks like he is either going to walk or be signed long-term. I doubt he will be traded.

12-20-2009, 01:59 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
I htink we will resign him for something reasonable. I just dont think he can make a great case for anyone to do otherwise.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 01:47 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstreet View Post
go take a quick look at those standings.

I am a believer.
I had no idea that the win put us in a tie for first OVERALL in the West. I knew the division, but not the conference. Wow. (Stupid Detroit, can't count on them for anything, letting Chicago win today so the Hawks would go back ahead.)

Great win!! Some really nice goals.

Goc seemed to work well on that line. I was a little worried when Arnott was a scratch, but everyone just battled and got the win.

Some guys just don't work well together 5-on-5, for whatever reason, and Hamhuis-Klein is just bad. They're good on the PK but not even strength (whether 5-on-5, 4-on-4). It's way passed time to give up on that combo.

Can we stop giving up powerplay goals?

Forget hockey writers, I would just settle for some local media recgonition. I watched all the Sunday "sports" shows. I think the Preds had less than one minute TOTAL of all 3 shows (well, forget ch.4, they had nothing at all).

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 08:09 AM
belle

Quote:
Originally Posted by spank303 View Post
Forget hockey writers, I would just settle for some local media recgonition. I watched all the Sunday "sports" shows. I think the Preds had less than one minute TOTAL of all 3 shows (well, forget ch.4, they had nothing at all).
I switched back and forth between Ch. 2 and Ch. 5 hoping for some analysis. Ryan Jones was "Predators Player of the Week" on Ch. 5. Thirty seconds. That was it. More time was spent covering non-Titan football.

I keep looking in vain for Preds coverage.

belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 04:31 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by belle View Post
I keep looking in vain for Preds coverage.
me too, for about 10 years now.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote